McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All he had to do was encourage them.

And how do you prove that?

Not sure about that. The video sucks. And it seemingly doesn't capture entire incident. Let's hear what eyewitnesses say. But point remains that you asked (essentially) how he gets charged if didn't land a blow, and accomplice liability is answer.

Fact that not ID'ed as cops at time they were getting tuned up is of no moment. We have a couple of banged up cops and shady in the middle of it. Right wrong or uninvolved he needs someone who can work with DA office.

See above. How do you prove he assisted or encouraged them?

A few thoughts on yours...

1. MOST of the time anyone in a bar fight could of stopped it. Everyone is probably slightly responsible.

2. You said you will hold your tongue before judging Shady....then judged the cops. Sort of funny.

3. I agree Shady is a prima dona and a very good RB.

I'm holding back on Shady because I have a lot to unload on him for if he really was at fault. He called an NFL head coach a racist for getting rid of the a holes on the team. Wasnt Chip's fault that the a holes were all of a certain race. You are going to say you aren't the problem so it must be because the coach is a racist and then you go and do stuff like this and feed into the stereotype. You don't see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady getting into bar brawls. Act like a professional and if you're not then don't lash out a coach and ruin his reputation just for calling it like it is.

Maybe I'm unfairly categorizing the cops as the clubbing type (maybe they were just there because it was a special occasion) but I've had my fair share of run ins with cops acting like dirt balls on Chippewa when I was in my early 20's and they were in their 40's acting like tough guys and hitting on barely legal girls. I just wouldn't be surprised if they weren't totally innocent in all of this.

@mikegarafalo

Law enforcement sources in Philly have said to expect a warrant for McCoy with self-surrender allowed by mid-week.

Anyone else sensing a white prius low speed chase coming?

Police SHOULD be open to scrutiny. They HAVE to be overseen.

My point is that judging an ENTIRE group of human beings is wrong. If you think that doing so is ok, carry on.

Yes, judging an entire group of human beings is wrong. Judging the way a person performs his or her job is not. That's what I'm doing. There are many good cops, but there are others who are not, who bring various biases to their job or are simply drunk on their authority. The fact they have guns and other weapons while at the same time getting the unquestioned support of government operatives or general citizens can lead to issues. I have known too many people with bad interactions with police. I have had bad interactions with police and I do not have a "record."

I would love to feel about the police the way many do. I appreciate that the police have a difficult job. I appreciate those that do their jobs well. But where I'm from there is too much history and too much present where the police are concerned. You might see the police come and think nothing of it. When I see the police I think, "Lord, help me." Experience is a hard teacher. McCoy, et al. could be totally in the wrong. I'm just saying I don't automatically take the cops side because they have a badge. We shall see.

THats what happend to 2pac and when it was exposed that the offduty cops were intoxicated he beat the case, and PAC SHOT THEM. lol. its phili tho the law over there is madd currupt. he needs to move out of state asap or hes gonna keep getting picked on and harassed.

MY QUESTION IS...IF MCCOY GETS SENTENCED AND MISSES OUT ON THE SEASON DO WE STILL TAKE THE CAP HIT??

I think this may be a couple steps too soon. Sentenced for a bar fight? Did someone die?

IF Shady is indeed proven to have participated in kicking/stomping one or both of the off-duty cops then I'm comfortable pulling a Sully and calling for the Bills to be done with him. Self-protection when confronted is one thing; beating a man while he's on the ground and outnumbered is quite another.

If he is convicted, he most likely will get sentenced to some time. Whether people on the board like it or not, hitting a cop is going to get you more time. He then will most likely get suspended by Goodell for the personal conduct thing.

I seriously doubt the team would dump him as suggested by some. We have too much money in him, and he produced this year.

The McCoy era was apparently a short one.

Considering what an idiot McCoy has seemed to be in such a short time here, I am inclined to believe that this won't end well for him.

This is an interesting conflict between two groups with a lot of black eyes.

IF Shady is indeed proven to have participated in kicking/stomping one or both of the off-duty cops then I'm comfortable pulling a Sully and calling for the Bills to be done with him. Self-protection when confronted is one thing; beating a man while he's on the ground and outnumbered is quite another.

It may sound odd. But i have a strong sense of ethics about street fighting.

We will never ever know how this really happened or what level of violence is attached and by whom.

someone does but it won't be us. Lets all keep that in mind shall we : )

Lotta folks made poor choices that night, we can all agree on that?

has this been posted yet?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/report-arrest-warrants-imminent-in-lesean-mccoy-incident/

And how do you prove that?

See above. How do you prove he assisted or encouraged them?

Eyewitness testimony. Maybe the video if someone can decipher it. Maybe another video. Maybe somebody in the group rolls. Not saying shady did or didn't do anything, but the point remains that (at least in NY) the incomplete sketch of the facts leaves open the possibility that he could be charged as an accomplice. I believe in NY the test would be whether he shared a community of purpose with the assailant. google NY penal law 20.00 for quick background on the theory in NY. Edited by BuffaloPowerEye

My experience with the legal system is your chances of winning a case are directly proportional to how good your lawyer is and how much you have to spend. I suspect McCoy will be cleared and will not be suspended for any number of NFL games. A $50K donation to the Philadelphia PBA will probably take care of everything. In a month or so, the police will recommend the prosecutor drop the charges and he will do so.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

My experience with the legal system is your chances of winning a case are directly proportional to how good your lawyer is and how much you have to spend. I suspect McCoy will be cleared and will not be suspended for any number of NFL games. A $50K donation to the Philadelphia PBA will probably take care of everything. In a month or so, the police will recommend the prosecutor drop the charges and he will do so.

IF you're correct -and he IS charged, he'd still be facing League discipline and Bills fans will be the big losers.

It may sound odd. But i have a strong sense of ethics about street fighting.

We will never ever know how this really happened or what level of violence is attached and by whom.

someone does but it won't be us. Lets all keep that in mind shall we : )

Lotta folks made poor choices that night, we can all agree on that?

has this been posted yet?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/09/report-arrest-warrants-imminent-in-lesean-mccoy-incident/

Agreed. My comments are based upon what turns out to be actually proven. Not alleged.