McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

There was what - the advertisement for the all female party which never took place? And the non-tip incident? Who tips on takeout? Especially when the takeout service was bad.

Fixed. No party. Just an advert. and he changed his mind.

It was a sit in meal, not take out, but there is nothing illegal about tipping poorly or not tipping. He paid his bill.

Neither of these strike me as remotely comparable to the current incident, which is indeed legal trouble of a highly undesirable type.

Edited by Hopeful

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joke of a trade/extension that just keeps getting worse. Only silver lining (literally) is if we end up saving coins (millions of them) by being able to terminate his contract for cause.

Not to make this a football conversation but they traded an injured LB who was one of the worst in the NFL for a Pro Bowl RB.

IF you're correct -and he IS charged, he'd still be facing League discipline and Bills fans will be the big losers.

If the league suspends Shady for charges which are either dropped or he is found not guilty the players association would certainly appeal. And have a good case against the league. That said, McCoy is guilty of one thing for sure and that's bad judgment. The team would be wise to evaluate their financial and on-the-field commitments here.

Not to make this a football conversation but they traded an injured LB who was one of the worst in the NFL for a Pro Bowl RB.

They traded for a running back who probably would have been cut do too his excessive contract. McCoys net value above his contract was no greater or less than Kiko's.

Who is cheering? I think folks are simply looking for a silver lining in the potential cap relief the Bills might receive if it turns out Shady is gone for good.

$10.5M in dead money is cap relief? Plus what we have to pay another starting running back, of course. People really need to learn how the salary cap works.

Heads up the guy you're replying to is the former jtsp fwiw.

That explains a lot. Edited by BarleyNY

Heads up the guy you're replying to is the former jtsp fwiw.

Ha ha, that makes sense.

They traded for a running back who probably would have been cut do too his excessive contract. McCoys net value above his contract was no greater or less than Kiko's.

A RB who was as dynamic as any this year when healthy. At one point late in the year Kiko graded out last in the NFL vs. the run. The Bills led the league in rushing.

Both guys had some off the field question marks but nothing too major. Kiko had serious injury concerns and McCoy had none. There is no one in the right mind that can refer to this as "a joke of a trade" from the Bills perspective.

OT but someone called into philly radio and said they saw Shady at a restaurant in NJ with a couple Bills teammates yesterday (one was Duke Williams) and a few people who looked like his own security personnel and was visibly upset. Also they said that they saw he left a $32 tip which they said was over 20 percent. so not always a poor tipper.

Since there were 4 players involved in this melee and the cell phone video was inconclusive (unless someone else can clearly see him hit/kick/stomp, I could not) I am guessing the attorney can get it down to a misdemeanor or less. The original report was Brinkley was the instigator/aggressor and It could be he takes the greater fall. He will be suspended, but when? Sheldon Richardson's deal was six months ago and they still haven't announced when he will be suspended.

Yolo, I'm having trouble parsing this. Grammar puts it as "someone called and said they saw (subordinate clause) and was visibly upset" Who was visibly upset - the caller? the teammates? the security personnel? McCoy? He should be!

I agree, I expect a good lawyer will get charges reduced or dropped for lack of evidence, but PA (based on experience of a friend) has some odd laws about testimony that could bite him. Brinkley and whoever was swinging the bottle need the best lawyers.

McCoy can't possibly be a universal poor tipper or story after story would have come out of the woodwork when that one restaurant owner went public.

Yolo, I'm having trouble parsing this. Grammar puts it as "someone called and said they saw (subordinate clause) and was visibly upset" Who was visibly upset - the caller? the teammates? the security personnel? McCoy? He should be!

I agree, I expect a good lawyer will get charges reduced or dropped for lack of evidence, but PA (based on experience of a friend) has some odd laws about testimony that could bite him. Brinkley and whoever was swinging the bottle need the best lawyers.

McCoy can't possibly be a universal poor tipper or story after story would have come out of the woodwork when that one restaurant owner went public.

mccoy was upset

rookie symposium

Is it just me, or is there something kind of creepy about how Carter is putting his hands on Bridgewater there?

I do hope McCoy has a fall guy

mccoy was upset

As he should be. At best, this is a major distraction going into a pivitol season for him. Really stupid!

Edited by Hopeful

I'm holding back on Shady because I have a lot to unload on him for if he really was at fault. He called an NFL head coach a racist for getting rid of the a holes on the team. Wasnt Chip's fault that the a holes were all of a certain race. You are going to say you aren't the problem so it must be because the coach is a racist and then you go and do stuff like this and feed into the stereotype. You don't see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady getting into bar brawls. Act like a professional and if you're not then don't lash out a coach and ruin his reputation just for calling it like it is.

Maybe I'm unfairly categorizing the cops as the clubbing type (maybe they were just there because it was a special occasion) but I've had my fair share of run ins with cops acting like dirt balls on Chippewa when I was in my early 20's and they were in their 40's acting like tough guys and hitting on barely legal girls. I just wouldn't be surprised if they weren't totally innocent in all of this.

Yet Chip kept Riley Cooper. Manning and Brady haven't been in any bar fights that we know of. We do know Peyton stuck his ass in a trainers face when she passed on an invite to hang out, and then used his considerable muscle/resources to shame her repeatedly to the point she had to quit a job. Point is, most people have warts. Not the best to compare pro athletes because we don't know half their stories.

I was wondering about how a city cop could afford to party with the likes of an NFL millionaire?

Not excusing anyone's behavior, but...

That kind of expendable income?

Hmm...

from the article in the linked video up thread

According to our source, police have spoken to the officers involved in the incident, at least one of whom was said to be f*ckef up - an actual quote from the source

I took this to mean the officer was plastered? Edited by YoloinOhio

Eyewitness testimony. Maybe the video if someone can decipher it. Maybe another video. Maybe somebody in the group rolls. Not saying shady did or didn't do anything, but the point remains that (at least in NY) the incomplete sketch of the facts leaves open the possibility that he could be charged as an accomplice. I believe in NY the test would be whether he shared a community of purpose with the assailant. google NY penal law 20.00 for quick background on the theory in NY.

In Pennsylvania, proving conspiracy requires an agreement to engage in criminal conduct and an overt act in furtherance of that agreement. If McCoy was merely present while his friend started beating someone up he is not culpable for assault or conspiracy. However, if he assisted in the assault he can be found guilty as an accomplice, even without an agreement, which is a different standard than a co-conspirator