McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

IF you're correct -and he IS charged, he'd still be facing League discipline and Bills fans will be the big losers.

The league can chose to discipline a player even if he isn't charged with a crime. Obviously formal charges and convictions would both dramatically increase the chances of league discipline, but it can be implemented without either.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of the speculation about the cops being at fault, it does appear to be the case (from the reports so far) that the cops were the actual purchasers of the champagne, not McCoy's party. If true, then trying to take (i.e., steal) a bottle from them was a low move. They're already in the wrong from the get-go.

For all of the speculation about the cops being at fault, it does appear to be the case (from the reports so far) that the cops were the actual purchasers of the champagne, not McCoy's party. If true, then trying to take (i.e., steal) a bottle from them was a low move. They're already in the wrong from the get-go.

All the reports so far are from the complainants eg, the off duty cops. So naturally from their POV they were in the right and those thugs were in the wrong.

Not saying McCoy's party weren't wrong, least of all for administering a beat-down over a bottle in a bar. Just saying it's naive to think we know what went on from the reports so far.

Joke of a trade/extension that just keeps getting worse. Only silver lining (literally) is if we end up saving coins (millions of them) by being able to terminate his contract for cause.

Yeah! Then the Bills will only be out the $16M they've already paid him for 12 games played! Gosh, that is great news!

smdh

All the reports so far are from the complainants eg, the off duty cops. So naturally from their POV they were in the right and those thugs were in the wrong.

Not saying McCoy's party weren't wrong, least of all for administering a beat-down over a bottle in a bar. Just saying it's naive to think we know what went on from the reports so far.

Regardless, McCoy is involved in way too many of these "alleged" incidents.

Yeah! Then the Bills will only be out the $16M they've already paid him for 12 games played! Gosh, that is great news!

smdh

Who cares how much the Pegulas spent on Shady last year? It's irrelevant to the current discussion of what happens if his contract is terminated and they face no ongoing financial burden.

Who cares how much the Pegulas spent on Shady last year? It's irrelevant to the current discussion of what happens if his contract is terminated and they face no ongoing financial burden.

They face a hefty immediate cap hit - some of which could be deferred with a post June 1st designation. Oh, and they'd be out a playmaker and immediately in need of a starting RB. That's all.

I'm not defending McCoy. In all likelihood he is probably a total dirtbag and in deep trouble. He also is probably going to hurt the Bills with those actions. I just don't get cheering about it.

They face a hefty immediate cap hit - some of which could be deferred with a post June 1st designation. Oh, and they'd be out a playmaker and immediately in need of a starting RB. That's all.

I'm not defending McCoy. In all likelihood he is probably a total dirtbag and in deep trouble. He also is probably going to hurt the Bills with those actions. I just don't get cheering about it.

Who is cheering? I think folks are simply looking for a silver lining in the potential cap relief the Bills might receive if it turns out Shady is gone for good.

There was what - the all female party? And the non-tip incident? Who tips on takeout? Especially when the takeout service was bad.

OT but someone called into philly radio and said they saw Shady at a restaurant in NJ with a couple Bills teammates yesterday (one was Duke Williams) and a few people who looked like his own security personnel and was visibly upset. Also they said that they saw he left a $32 tip which they said was over 20 percent. so not always a poor tipper.

Since there were 4 players involved in this melee and the cell phone video was inconclusive (unless someone else can clearly see him hit/kick/stomp, I could not) I am guessing the attorney can get it down to a misdemeanor or less. The original report was Brinkley was the instigator/aggressor and It could be he takes the greater fall. He will be suspended, but when? Sheldon Richardson's deal was six months ago and they still haven't announced when he will be suspended.

Edited by YoloinOhio