McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

Um ... Ok. This guy did a lot of work on this (Zaprudered a video taken by someone at Recess) and I still can't tell if he hit anyone

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/heres-video-of-the-recess-fight-allegedly-involving-lesean-mccoy.html

Great find. But, couldn't really make much out besides the staff wasn't trying real hard to break it up.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lesean is screwed.

nice job idiot

Mike, Karlos welcome to the starting lineup

you mean the guy who rescued the people from the burning building should have been allowed to have his champagne?

Don't forget the new guy James Wilder, Jr.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Still holding my tongue until more evidence comes out. Shady is a prima dona but I don't peg him as someone who would start a fight over champagne. He's rich, he would probably laugh it off. I do have to question 40 year old cops hanging out in a club popping bottles at 2:30am. I can't imagine they are totally innocent in this

A few thoughts on yours...

1. MOST of the time anyone in a bar fight could of stopped it. Everyone is probably slightly responsible.

2. You said you will hold your tongue before judging Shady....then judged the cops. Sort of funny.

3. I agree Shady is a prima dona and a very good RB.

Just because they are police officers as their job doesn't mean they aren't at fault or partially. They were off duty so they are subject to act accordingly just like any other citizen. As much respect as I have for police officers in general and am thankful for the job they do - they can have a I can't be messed with attitude similar to an athlete. An argument about a bottle of champagne sounds ridiculous but it's about who threw the first punch. If the officers just so happened to lose the fight doesn't mean they didn't start it. We'll just have to wait for the facts to come out.

I just love how people are ripping McCoy without knowing all the facts involved. Way to jump to conclusions... Guilty until proven innocent I see.

and the exact opposite is going on where the ones proclaiming his innocence are jumping to conclusions that the officers were at fault and it's all going to be covered up by the corrupt police force.

I bet the incident pretty much went like this.....

Cops and Shady's group order bottles, cops get their bottles first, Shady's group takes offence because they think they deserve them first (or think there was a mix up and say those are theirs) and try to get the bottles. Cops argue the bottles are there's and try to get them back, some pushing and shoving happens, then it breaks out into a full brawl where the stronger pro football players have the upper hand and beat the others down. Both groups are tossed from the club because the club doesn't want on duty cops around, the off duty cops go to the hospital to get checked out and report the incident after they have had time to get checked out.

all the sinners ..saints

:thumbsup:

Sources are saying four males have assaulted two off-duty Philly officers Sunday morning around 2:45 a.m. Both officers were hospitalized, no arrests have been made but McCoy is one suspect being targeted in an investigation.

2 p.m. Update: Current video evidence shows men being ejected from the club with no actual video of the incident. The four suspects were identified from photos by the two officers and security guards.

This story is still being developed and the following was taken from ESPN:

This is not good. McCoy needs to leave Phili asap and get a home out of state cuz now he has powerful enemies. Cops are extremely vengeful and spiteful in my experience. he better not get a suspension for this bull ****..

Edited by Marty McFly

and the exact opposite is going on where the ones proclaiming his innocence are jumping to conclusions that the officers were at fault and it's all going to be covered up by the corrupt police force.

I bet the incident pretty much went like this.....

Cops and Shady's group order bottles, cops get their bottles first, Shady's group takes offence because they think they deserve them first (or think there was a mix up and say those are theirs) and try to get the bottles. Cops argue the bottles are there's and try to get them back, some pushing and shoving happens, then it breaks out into a full brawl where the stronger pro football players have the upper hand and beat the others down. Both groups are tossed from the club because the club doesn't want on duty cops around, the off duty cops go to the hospital to get checked out and report the incident after they have had time to get checked out.

:thumbsup:

So you slam people for jumping to conclusions...and then immediately jump to a conclusion.

Well done.

Edited by fridge

i don't know. One was Curtis Brinkley. Apparently Brinkley grabbed a bottle of champagne that these off-duty guys thought was theirs, and they were not happy. Things ensued. Not sure what McCoy did or didn't do at this point. Kind of surprised no one was arrested!

McCoy was probably just holding his boy down. These guys make wayy too much money to beef over a bottle, it was a dis-respect type of thing that escalate into scrappin 90's style.

Great find. But, couldn't really make much out besides the staff wasn't trying real hard to break it up.

It looks like any regular bar fight...legally I doubt anything is going to come of this:

a) because you can't see anything really

b) because its not like the cops were in uniform and they knew they were cops---off duty cops are just like a normal citizen

c) McCoy will fork over some money to the alleged victims to make this go away and

d) How do we know the cops didn't start the fight? Cops always think they are badasses...

e) Many people don't really like cops and in the back of their mind, they are probably thinking "abuse of power"

All this being said, he is looking at 3-4 games from the NFL...

Edited by matter2003

Accomplice liability is an equal stretch, again without better video evidence showing he assisted the others.

And from what I've heard so far, they were never identified as cops during the incident.

Not sure about that. The video sucks. And it seemingly doesn't capture entire incident. Let's hear what eyewitnesses say. But point remains that you asked (essentially) how he gets charged if didn't land a blow, and accomplice liability is answer.

Fact that not ID'ed as cops at time they were getting tuned up is of no moment. We have a couple of banged up cops and shady in the middle of it. Right wrong or uninvolved he needs someone who can work with DA office.

So you slam people for jumping to conclusions...and then immediately jump to a conclusion.

Well done.

just doing exactly what everyone else here is doing

And all I did was give a logical explanation to what probably happened from what's being reported. A typical bar fight over something stupid between 2 groups of intoxicated testosterone fueled men. Not saying either group is innocent or fully guilty.

Um ... Ok. This guy did a lot of work on this (Zaprudered a video taken by someone at Recess) and I still can't tell if he hit anyone

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2016/02/heres-video-of-the-recess-fight-allegedly-involving-lesean-mccoy.html

We need Jack Black in Enemy of the State (of PA):

"Maybe it's nothing. Maybe it's everything."

Were the off duty police officers bouncers?

Not sure, but if there are no charges filed still, then this favors McCoy and company.

Were the off duty police officers intoxicated and down to party?

Until this all plays out, if the officers instigated the fight and were intoxicated, they could lose their badges.

THats what happend to 2pac and when it was exposed that the offduty cops were intoxicated he beat the case, and PAC SHOT THEM. lol. its phili tho the law over there is madd currupt. he needs to move out of state asap or hes gonna keep getting picked on and harassed.

MY QUESTION IS...IF MCCOY GETS SENTENCED AND MISSES OUT ON THE SEASON DO WE STILL TAKE THE CAP HIT??

Edited by Marty McFly

It looks like any regular bar fight...legally I doubt anything is going to come of this:

a) because you can't see anything really

b) because its not like the cops were in uniform and they knew they were cops---off duty cops are just like a normal citizen

c) McCoy will fork over some money to the alleged victims to make this go away and

d) How do we know the cops didn't start the fight? Cops always think they are badasses...

e) Many people don't really like cops and in the back of their mind, they are probably thinking "abuse of power"

All this being said, he is looking at 3-4 games from the NFL...

it doesn't matter if the others where cops or not, assault is still assault. Inmost cases, the guys who come out of the fight uninjured are the ones getting charged unless they can prove that threatens they gave was purely self-defence.

As for the cops always thinking they are badasses, guess we could also generalize and say that athletes probably started it cause those guys always feel entitled and that they are above everyone else and deserve special treAtment.