McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is that this doesn't look good for the NFL or the police department. Neither side wants this. Let's not forget that the cameras were already "not working."

According to sources an arrest warrant for McCoy is imminent

http://www.wgr550.com/Report-Arrest-warrant-expected-for-LeSean-McCoy/22450753

Kirby, I addressed the video issue on post #617.

In a case like this where police personnel are involved in an "incident" the last thing the authorities want to do is get the case wrong. Because of the high profile nature of the case it will be considered a high priority case, especially compared to other bar fight cases, and adequate resources will be dedicated to this case. This case moved very quickly. Sometimes the facts of a case are easy to determine and it isn't much of a mystery of what exactly happened. This case seems to fall in that category.

With respect to this case being a possible embarrassment to the police that is not its primary concern. It will be a bigger embarrassment to the police if this case is not handled properly. The chips will fall as they may. Making a good case regardless who is involved is what they want to do here.

So if both victims testify that Shady was hitting them or encouraging others, his lawyers will be able to "destroy" that testimony in front of a jury? How? Why is an eyewitness in this case uniquely "worthless"?

Do you think that a jury will believe him if McCoy testifies that he neither ran away, tried to stop the fight, participated nor encouraged? And THAT'S not indestructible testimony?

Why would testimony from (edit: non-employee) witnesses, especially the vics who have every reason to lie, who were out at 3 AM and drinking, be worthless? Gee, I don't know.

And again, McCoy doing not trying to stop the fight doesn't make him an accomplice. Not sure where you're getting that notion. If there is video of him fighting or encouraging the others, that's different.

Edited by Doc

The victims' testimonies are not worthless if they match up with what other witnesses say, such as employees and patrons at the club. If the bartender or server confirms the claim that the off-duty cops were served the champagne before the others that certainly is material if it was taken from them. Witness statements are very often inconclusive and contradictory. But if statements are taken from a number of people who were at the event and for the most part they are consistent with each other then there is certainly a clarity to what happened.

Just because there is a video it doesn't always tell you what the full story of the situation of how it started and the verbal exchanges were between the parties. So not having the video isn't necessarily fatal to making a case one way or another.

An employee would be a credible witness, true.

Why would testimony from witnesses, especially the vics who have every reason to lie, who were out at 3 AM and drinking, be worthless? Gee, I don't know.

And again, McCoy doing not trying to stop the fight doesn't make him an accomplice. Not sure where you're getting that notion. If there is video of him fighting or encouraging the others, that's different.

I didn't say that. I said that is one scenario the jurors would consider. They would have to believe he was the guy who just stood there...did nothing...said nothing.

As for your motive for the witnesses lying----because they were out drinking at a bar at 3 am? I don't get it. That would make them lie specifically about McCoy hitting them or encouraging others to? Where's the logic there?

Just sayin, A LOT of people hated it for many other reasons BEFORE this even went down. Can't wait to draft another freaking RB!

I think you're stretching. A LOT.

Boy, it seems that a lot of Bills fans would rather our most important offensive weapon last season not be on our team. This is very curious indeed.

The trade for McCoy was a bad one even before this incident.

Not really.

He was 10th in the league in rushing yards and one of the two best players on the offense.

The guy he was traded for missed more than a quarter of the season and did very little to help a porous defense.

An employee would be a credible witness, true.

Absolutely. Especially if a number of employees make the same claim. If the employee statements are consistent with numerous patron statements then the case gets solidified. It should be noted that employees are usually more sober than the drinking customers!

As I said in a prior post the club has a stake in cooperating with the authorities because their liquor license can be suspended and the club can be closed for running an unruly establishment. The club management is not going to play games here and act as if they were blind to what happened. That type of willful ignorance can get their establishment closed, especially a private club.

Edited by JohnC

Not really.

He was 10th in the league in rushing yards and one of the two best players on the offense.

The guy he was traded for missed more than a quarter of the season and did very little to help a porous defense.

Can we pin this?

I think you're stretching. A LOT.Boy, it seems that a lot of Bills fans would rather our most important offensive weapon last season not be on our team. This is very curious indeed.

Really is amazing.

I think you're stretching. A LOT.Boy, it seems that a lot of Bills fans would rather our most important offensive weapon last season not be on our team. This is very curious indeed.

I'll say this, it's not like no one brought up character concerns regarding McCoy. Just like injury concerns with Kiko got brought up on the other side. The combination of trading away Kiko plus the contract they gave McCoy was too much in total for my liking. His character was part of that. So was his position. McCoy performed very well in the games he played and, while he said and did some stupid things, he kept out of any real trouble. So I admitted that the trade worked out better than I had thought. Recently I have been sticking up for him. Now this. Should have just stuck to my guns.

The Bills currently have the worst starting LB core in the NFL with absolutely no depth.

If your going to be critical of the trade I'd suggest paying attention to the contract we assumed and the amount of money Philly saved by making the trade. Kiko was just a throw in, Chip wanted to dump the contract.

Chip successfully dumped the contract and went on to sign a misfit in Murray. So the eagles didn't benefit from the trade. Buffalo gave Shady even more money he missed time last year but when he was 100 percent he looked good. Now Lesean is looking at a possible suspension if not worse. The trade hasn't helped either team take a step forward.

Not really.

This is another case of the grass is greener. If the Bills called and said "McCoy for Alonso" the Eagles would send over the paperwork before they hung up the phone. No one in their right mind would rather have Kiko than McCoy. Edited by Kirby Jackson

what was the name of the champagne ?

could be adding grand theft charges.

They won't release the name of the champagne, as it could lead to corruption charges against the officers, per some in this thread.