McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

If your going to be critical of the trade I'd suggest paying attention to the contract we assumed and the amount of money Philly saved by making the trade. Kiko was just a throw in, Chip wanted to dump the contract.

Chip successfully dumped the contract and went on to sign a misfit in Murray. So the eagles didn't benefit from the trade. Buffalo gave Shady even more money he missed time last year but when he was 100 percent he looked good. Now Lesean is looking at a possible suspension if not worse. The trade hasn't helped either team take a step forward.

I guess you haven't read my previous posts in different threads. I have been the most critical of anyone on this forum regarding McCoy's ridiculous contract since the inception of the trade.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is anothe case of the grass is greener. If the Bills called and said "McCoy for Alonso" the Eagles would send over the paperwork before they hung up the phone. No one in their right mind would rather have Kiko than McCoy.

<grumble, grumble> Yes but good cheap running backs are easy to find </grumble, grumble>

haha

I guess you haven't read my previous posts in different threads. I have been the most critical of anyone on this forum regarding McCoy's ridiculous contract since the inception of the trade.

It's the same as Demarco's. Who would you rather have for the same money Murray or McCoy? Edited by Kirby Jackson

I'm just going off what I have read in this thread. I'm new around here I haven't seen much debate on the topic. Anytime the trade is discussed $$ needs to be discussed. If Kiko was making 8mil per year this trade would have never happened. It was a salary dump, Chip actually got a high risk high reward player like Kiko.

We could only dream of being able to trade Mario for a young injured player on a minimal rookie deal.

This is another case of the grass is greener. If the Bills called and said "McCoy for Alonso" the Eagles would send over the paperwork before they hung up the phone. No one in their right mind would rather have Kiko than McCoy.

Exactly true...

I've never been one to over-value RB's...But even still...IMHO that trade was an absolute no-brainer...And I think it proved itself out on the field last year...At least while Shady was healthy it did... B-)

@billsupdates

Police official to reporter: Maybe LeSean McCoy should stay in Buffalo, 'carry on like an idiot' there http://ow.ly/Y5KC4

#bills

Of course. Because Off duty cops in a night club are always on their best behavior. :thumbsup:

People keep referencing the "police official" who says that McCoy should have stayed in Buffalo. To clarify, he is not a police official at all, but is John McNesby, the head of the local FOP. For context, McNesby once backed a police Lieutenant who was fired by the Philly PD for sucker punching a woman during the Puerto Rican Day parade. It was caught on videotape. In that instance, McNesby claimed that the cop was unjustly fired, in part because the investigation of the incident was not complete. http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/philadelphia-fop-stands-behind-officer-fired-for-videotaped-slapping-of-woman/

Unsurprisingly, he does not seem to share the same concerns here where the alleged perpetrator is not a cop, and the alleged victims are. McNesby has an agenda and does not speak on behalf of the police department, or I would suggest, with any sense of objectivity. Give his words no weight, especially in the context of this situation.