Is it me, or does Woods fall a lot

Alphadawg7

I swear, it feels like most the time when a pass is thrown his way he either falls to the ground catching it, stumbles after the catch into an easy tackle, or falls before the ball even gets there. Can someone please get this guy a new pair of cleats? I can't remember the last time I saw him catch a pass and run and let someone else tackle him rather than stumbling into a tackle. Im sure it happens, but all his stumbling is all I can remember.

On second thought, how about someone enroll him into ballet classes so he can learn some balance and how to use his feet.

I overall think he just isn't engaged. His comments about having to block so much, his body language on the sidelines, and overall drop in targets.

I think he's just no there mentally this season

Makes no sense considering he works his ass off every time he is asked to block and tries like hell on the pass plays, too.

He does lose his balance a lot, and his concentration on some drops is unusual for him.

I overall think he just isn't engaged. His comments about having to block so much, his body language on the sidelines, and overall drop in targets.

I think he's just no there mentally this season

he is usually smiling and seems very happy when the cameras are on him on the sidelines. He was high fiveing rex. We throw the ball 20 times a game.... everyone's targets are down.

it seems like a lot of players fall or slip on the turf at The Ralph but Woods does seem to fall more than most

the field is very slippery if there is any moisture. The blades of "grass" are smooth plastic or something similar.

While Woods had a nice TD catch, he also tripped over himself in the endzone which could have been another TD. I don't get Woods as he seems to be out of place with his routes, the dropped passes, etc... I don't know if he's not running the routes correctly or is not in sync as he should be with Taylor, but he seems to be off the ball a lot this season as he's diving for balls that are nowhere near him or not even close to where Taylor is throwing at. He's been a great blocking WR, but so far he's proven that he is not a #2 WR. I know the guy is still young and hopefully he will improve, but for all the hype about the guy being NFL ready out of the draft, he's underwhelmed so far.

While Woods had a nice TD catch, he also tripped over himself in the endzone which could have been another TD. I don't get Woods as he seems to be out of place with his routes, the dropped passes, etc... I don't know if he's not running the routes correctly or is not in sync as he should be with Taylor, but he seems to be off the ball a lot this season as he's diving for balls that are nowhere near him or not even close to where Taylor is throwing at. He's been a great blocking WR, but so far he's proven that he is not a #2 WR. I know the guy is still young and hopefully he will improve, but for all the hype about the guy being NFL ready out of the draft, he's underwhelmed so far.

+1

if a woods falls in the woods does he make a sound?

lol, yes, he says "oops!!!"

I'm glad some other people are finally calling this out. Woods has been a huge disappointment in my eyes since year 2. The way he uses his feet and positions his body before attempting to make a catch, he sabotages himself every time. Combine that with below average speed, size, and hands, and you have a guy who is not good enough to be a top 2 WR in the NFL. I think the Bills realized this when they picked up Harvin, and then slotted Hogan above him in many situations when Harvin got hurt.

Unfortunately combined with the bad misses on Graham and Goodwin, they are still in the market for a #2 WR.

Hogan on the other hand has overachieved. He has done well, considering he isn't particularly gifted in any one area. However he also shouldn't be a #2.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I'm glad some other people are finally calling this out. Woods has been a huge disappointment in my eyes since year 2. The way he uses his feet and positions his body before attempting to make a catch, he sabotages himself every time. Combine that with below average speed, size, and hands, and you have a guy who is not good enough to be a top 2 WR in the NFL. I think the Bills realized this when they picked up Harvin, and then slotted Hogan above him in many situations when Harvin got hurt.

Unfortunately combined with the bad misses on Graham and Goodwin, they are still in the market for a #2 WR.

Hogan on the other hand has overachieved. He has done well, considering he isn't particularly gifted in any one area. However he also shouldn't be a #2.

I am with you. I thought Woods had a promising rookie year - was a bit underwhelming last year and has been a disappointment so far this year. I didn't like the pick up of Harvin and am on record here as saying that at the time - that was bound to end in failure he is an often injured gadget player and nothing more - but it shouldn't be seen as defending Robert Woods.

Hogan for me is a 3. I think he is better than the third guy on a number of teams around the league and gets better every year. I have been a supporter of Hogan against the criticism he has received repeatedly on this forum from people who decided what he was when attempting to prop up D'Rick "I don't learn plays" Rodgers two years ago and refuse to accept that he has proven them wrong. However, even I as the biggest Hogan fanboy going do not think he is a bona fide NFL #2. They have to keep trying to cobble together enough plays from Hogan, Woods and Clay to support Watkins in the passing game - but they have to look for a #2 in the offseason. Woods has proven not to be the answer sadly.

The truth long term though is that once they have to pay Sammy like a true #1 (and they will) they wont be able to afford a bona fide #2 anyway unless they draft that guy and get him cheap for 4 years.... so expect around him it to be a succession of one contract draft picks and solid role players such as Chris Hogan.

I think we can upgrade Woods with what he'll be asking. Hogan's our three, now they need to go out there and get 2 in the draft or FA (suggestions anyone?).

Woods or not, Pegula family please, please replace the turf. I've never seen so many slips on a field...

His best outing was against jags when Watkins was out and he had EJ throwing to him. EJ is better at seeing the field and throwing to spots than TT. Of all our QBs over last 3 seasons he connects best with EJ

It is not often that JTSP is right but he is correct here. Cassel also seemed to have trouble hitting Woods. For some reason, probably because they started at same time, EJ and Woods seem to be in sync.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/yards-after-the-catch/2015/

Sammy only has 1.2 YAC because he usually catches them in endzone :w00t:

41 LeSean McCoy BUF RB 27 249 249 9.2

82 Charles Clay BUF TE 50 519 191 3.8

167 Chris Hogan BUF WR 30 376 96 3.2

175 Percy Harvin BUF WR 19 218 91 4.8

184 Robert Woods BUF WR 38 402 83 2.2

219 Sammy Watkins BUF WR 34 635 62 1.8

292 Karlos Williams BUF RB 6 72 29 4.8

Edited by Koolaid

This would have never happened if rusty jones were here. He got every player in the right cleats. I believe he even hand-sewed Cornelius bennett's cleats, and Bennett never slipped.

IIRC back then, they didn't wear cleats at Rich Stadium. That turf was practically green paint on concrete. They wore "turf" shoes - basically basketball shoes with hundreds of round "cleats" on the bottom.

The turf at the Ralph really needs an upgrade. I'd love to see grass like Green Bay. The Pegulas' money should bail us out on that, but with a new stadium in the works, I wonder if they will just wait it out.

He falls over because he is udderly flabbergasted that a pass is coming in his direction. Grossly underutilized this season, IMO.

I swear to gosh thats exactly what it looked like.

and what i thought.

the second pass he was befuddled foot wise, i was screaming to change the cleats idiot?

Serious question, a player who needs blocking leverage uses a longer cleat ? I know it was cold but it wasn't wet was it?

I think we can upgrade Woods with what he'll be asking. Hogan's our three, now they need to go out there and get 2 in the draft or FA (suggestions anyone?).

Woods or not, Pegula family please, please replace the turf. I've never seen so many slips on a field...

Hogan should be gone and maybe Woods if he cant tidy his play up this season. Hope they both improve quickly