Robey Called for PI by the Same Crew as in London

26CornerBlitz

Robey flagged for same call by same crew

With two minutes left in the first half Bills CB Nickell Robey was flagged for pass interference on a play down the middle of the field when it appeared that Robey was trailing the Chiefs’ intended WR Jason Avant. The penalty cost the Bills 25 yards and set up 1st-and-10 for the Chiefs at the Buffalo 41-yard line. One play later Kansas City was in the end zone on a 41-yard pass play from Alex Smith to Jeremy Maclin. What was unfortunate was it was the same officiating crew that called him for pass inteference in Week 7 in London on a 3rd-and-15 play at the Jaguars 47-yard line that kept a Jacksonville drive alive, which led to the game-winning touchdown two plays later.
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Another crazy call. Couldn't believe it. They tried to show it on the screen and Robey couldn't even be seen in the shot.

Gannon was like yup there it is and there was a empty field on the screen with a quarter of a chiefs helmet in the bottom corner.

A couple times early in the game I thought I saw the ball spotted an extra yard from where the runner went out of bounds or was tackled. The did it for both teams we got at least 2 first downs because of it (I believe they were both Mccoy runs)

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

He tugged on the jersey with the ball in the air. They call the jersey tug all the time. Or was that a different one? It almost has to be as the one I am remembering was very obvious. But was in the lower left corner of the screen.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He tugged on the jersey with the ball in the air. They call the jersey tug all the time. Or was that a different one? It almost has to be as the one I am remembering was very obvious. But was in the lower left corner of the screen.

can a WR block a corner while the ball is in the air? I have seen it called both ways. Gannon seemed pretty excited about it and the Maclin push off saying they were great plays Edited by Not at the table Karlos

can a WR block a corner while the ball is in the air? I have seen it called both ways. Gannon seemed pretty excited about it and the Maclin push off saying they were great plays

I thought both the Robey call and the Maclin push off were pretty bad calls today. It cheeses me off to no end when there's a late flag like the Robey call and they either can't or don't show a replay.

can a WR block a corner while the ball is in the air? I have seen it called both ways. Gannon seemed pretty excited about it and the Maclin push off saying they were great plays

No.

Those were both uncalled penalties

The Robey call looked legit to me; he grabbed his jersey

bullsh*t call tired of seeing it, officiating is beyond words- every game league wide. Maclin pushing off and making a huge catch - wheres my god damn call ?? Their solution ? don't show replays of penalties. The league is run so poorly hard to keep watching and i used to LOVE football. They shouldnt be on the field it's all about $$$$$$$ they want that check.

Edited by CardinalScotts

I thought both the Robey call and the Maclin push off were pretty bad calls today. It cheeses me off to no end when there's a late flag like the Robey call and they either can't or don't show a replay.

They did show a replay of the Robey PI, and it was PI. No question about it. I know some people here prefer to blame officials rather than the Bills. But they can't in this game. This loss is on the Bills, particularly the coaching staff. It is what it is.

No more or less competent than in all other games is the correct answer.

Robby grabbed the guy's jersey.

If you total the blown calls/no calls vs the bills I'm confidant the sum is greater than any other team. I wouldn't doubt it if it's by a wide margin. Yes, the officiating league wide is awful, but the blown calls for/against the bills is completely lopsided

If you total the blown calls/no calls vs the bills I'm confidant the sum is greater than any other team. I wouldn't doubt it if it's by a wide margin. Yes, the officiating league wide is awful, but the blown calls for/against the bills is completely lopsided

Says a Bills fan. I strongly suspect you can find homer fans from the other .500 ish and worse teams that say the same thing about their team. You and others here see the games through red and blue colored glasses.

It would be nice if these :censored: would get calls correct on the field of play.

True. In all seriousness, Robey is a little fella and I think when he defends passes it looks like he is wrapping around a guy's waist or the bottom of his shirt...but he really does a nice job without any (or very minor contact). It's lazy officiating calling penalties on what "appears" to be rather than what "actually is" happening.

From what I understand (and the replay was unclear), he grabbed his jersey. I think the announcers said at first it looked like a bad call and then said he did grab it. It was probably a legit call. London was not. The Maclin call withstanding, the Bills D was reeling at that time. Sloppy tackling, missed assignments. Things snowball when it goes bad like that.

From what I understand (and the replay was unclear), he grabbed his jersey. I think the announcers said at first it looked like a bad call and then said he did grab it. It was probably a legit call. London was not. The Maclin call withstanding, the Bills D was reeling at that time. Sloppy tackling, missed assignments. Things snowball when it goes bad like that.

The NFL has said that it was not.

The Bills D was reeling in the second quarter? It was a phantom call from what I saw.

The league apologized then and did again this week. Apologies are worth as much as phony Bills fans posts.

Wow, they came all the way from London to throw that flag on Robey...again?!

I'm with you guys now...it's all dirty and fixed.

One of few times you are right - NFL said it was bad call.

We wanted consistency.

We had consistency - same referees making SAME bad call.

Otherwise, Robey has only been flagged once this entire season. He has no plans of changing his style.

Well maybe if we have same zebras again he should just learn where officials are on field and go thru them to get the ball (which is within the rules) since he is going to get flagged anyways.

@thadbrown7

Nickell Robey says his coach was told by #NFL that 2nd Q PI penalty should not have been called. Both players 'jostling' #Bills

yep.

But they’ve been robbed a handful of times, too. Particularly, Nickell Robey. Again, the NFL informed the team that the cornerback should not have been flagged for a defensive pass interference.

In the second quarter of Buffalo’s 30-22 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, Robey drew the penalty while covering wide receiver Jason Avant from the slot. One play later, Alex Smith hit Jeremy Maclin on a 41-yard touchdown to cut Buffalo’s lead to 16-14.

“They explained that it was two guys jostling down the field,” Robey said. “I looked back for the ball and they said that it shouldn’t have been a flag because two guys were jostling down the field together. They see me grab him but they also see him push off me and that’s when they said they should’ve just let that play just play out because it could have went either way.”

Says a Bills fan. I strongly suspect you can find homer fans from the other .500 ish and worse teams that say the same thing about their team. You and others here see the games through red and blue colored glasses.

This is pretty much true. But that doesn't negate the problem. There is a lot of really bad officiating going on in the NFL right now. Tons of mistakes in very big games. The NFL is trying to sweep it under the rug. But they really need to make some improvements. because it lowers the quality of the game if fans are walking away from a game thinking the refs blew a bunch of calls that cost a team a game. And for some reason, this year it has been a huge issue. Not just for the bills, but for a lot of teams.

I think for starters, they need to utilize the people they have in NY reviewing stuff more. If a ref makes a REALLY bad call, someone with a TV screen should be able to say "hey, this is really bad, do this." And they should also expand on what coaches can challenge.

Im not saying for them to go all crazy and slow the game down. But the people watching this in NY with all the technology should be able to correct some of these officiating errors in real time without slowing the game down too much, if at all.

The league apologized then and did again this week. Apologies are worth as much as phony Bills fans posts.

One of few times you are right - NFL said it was bad call.

We had consistency - same referees making SAME bad call.

Otherwise, Robey has only been flagged once this entire season. He has no plans of changing his style.

Well maybe if we have same zebras again he should just learn where officials are on field and go thru them to get the ball (which is within the rules) since he is going to get flagged anyways.

yep.

For real, these so-called Bills fans defend the refs and crappy announcers on phantom calls rather than stand up for the team they supposedly support. Must be fun going through life with such a pessimistic attitude.

The nfl wanted more offense when it decided to call bs defensive holding calls more often. What it got was a complete clusterf**k that has exposed their officials and led to longer, more boring games exacerbated by fan anger at the outrageous number of bad calls on the defense.

Did anyone see that call on Patrick Chung in the end zone near the end of regulation against Denver?? It was unbelievably bad given that he was doing less pushing than the receiver.

Edited by dave mcbride

@thadbrown7

Nickell Robey says his coach was told by #NFL that 2nd Q PI penalty should not have been called. Both players 'jostling' #Bills

Yeah, this is what really burns my ass...same officiating crew calling the same BS penalty on the same player leading to 2 key touchdowns for the opposing team. Helped change the outcome of the entire game. But nothing is done to them...we get told "Oh they made a mistake, oh well." and give the refs a slap on the wrist. So tired of us getting shafted in key situations with BS penalties that cost us.

Yeah, this is what really burns my ass...same officiating crew calling the same BS penalty on the same player leading to 2 key touchdowns for the opposing team. Helped change the outcome of the entire game. But nothing is done to them...we get told "Oh they made a mistake, oh well." and give the refs a slap on the wrist. So tired of us getting shafted in key situations with BS penalties that cost us.

Don't blame the refs - blame a league looking to goose offense by increasing the flags on defense. Presumably, the refs get punished for NOT calling defensive holds too given the league's directive to boost the passing game.

Don't blame the refs - blame a league looking to goose offense by increasing the flags on defense. Presumably, the refs get punished for NOT calling defensive holds too given the league's directive to boost the passing game.

I blame the Seahawks. You will recall that a couple seasons ago they had a strategy to have their DBs hold receivers on every pass play with the idea being that there was no way the refs would call defensive holding on every pass play. And it worked. The league made it a point to warn teams that referees were being instructed to call more defensive holding penalties heading into 2014.

GO BILLS!!!