Scott Chandler

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've watched him a fair bit this season, and he's a weak link on that team.

so you are Pats fan!

Not that I believe in jinxing the team. but all this talk about how worthless he is makes me think he will stand in the endzone and make a catch too high for the defense to stop. He does that every so often, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens on Monday night. Then who will look foolish?

Rex. For putting Robey on him

Nobody has mentioned money. Chandlers release was about money too. Chandler was scheduled to make 2.75 mil, I think. He was asked to take a haircut ala Urbik (who went from $3 mil to $1mil) Chandler refused and was cut. the Pats made a point of signing him for.....I think $100K over the Bills salary he was cut from . Making him make ($2.85 mil, I think) So, lots of good football talk here on this thread, but, the money was part of the equation....and mayb e more than the on field performance imho. Also, Chandler hadd some killer days against the Pats thinking back over a few years....so they bought the on field performance.

Nobody has mentioned money. Chandlers release was about money too. Chandler was scheduled to make 2.75 mil, I think. He was asked to take a haircut ala Urbik (who went from $3 mil to $1mil) Chandler refused and was cut. the Pats made a point of signing him for.....I think $100K over the Bills salary he was cut from . Making him make ($2.85 mil, I think) So, lots of good football talk here on this thread, but, the money was part of the equation....and mayb e more than the on field performance imho. Also, Chandler hadd some killer days against the Pats thinking back over a few years....so they bought the on field performance.

They already cut him once over money and no one wanted him. They brought him back on a team friendly deal. Money was not much of a factor in this particular decision. He wasn't in huge demand this year either. He signed a smaller deal than Lee Smith. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I hated to see him go. He was a productive pass catcher who could stretch the field and provide a big target in the red zone. We were on the hook for a lot of cheddar though and we were looking for more blocking up front. Clay provides both and is a much more athletic target. Whaley needed to trip so salary and he was unfortunately a casualty of that. I miss him but I'm not unhappy that he hasn't taken off with the Pats.

I think they wanted him there in case Gronkowski got injured. I expected him to get injured, and that Chandler would get some good opportunities...he still might.

It's an easier adjustment to feature him as a bigger part of the offense than try to get amendola to take edelman's place in the slot. He may be smallish and white like edelman and welker, but he's more of a true downfield WR Edited by JTSP

DOOMED .. watch a breakout performance on MNF

This just in, Scott Chandler is still a bad football player. Despite what many here believed to be a Pro Bowl year, Chandler has looked like the same unathletic borderline #2 TE that he was here. I don't know where everyone went that was predicting a monster year from a below average player but here's Mike Reiss to tell you more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4787682/exploring-why-te-scott-chandler-hasnt-had-more-impact-with-patriots

at this point in his career I think it would be referred to as a "fluke" vs a "breakout performance"

Pretty much ^^

I for one with be thrilled if the Pats game plan is to feed Chandler. When Chandler gets the ball a lot the team loses because he's a non threat. He's a limited possession receiver with decent hands, plays smaller than his frame and has no explosion. I'm all for opponents giving the ball to guys that can't hurt you.

!@#$ bellicheat:

"trying to feed him unsuccessfully twice in a row in Week 2 vs. Buffalo in the end zone"

"The 43 snaps for Chandler against Buffalo easily marks a season high, as he is averaging 23.6 snaps per game in the team's 9-0 start."

he tried to needle us and failed.

And his desire to get Brady another TD pass in that game almost came back to bite them -- or at least gave the Bills a chance to get back into the game.

Bel*chick is a lot of things, but being classy or a good sport he certainly is not.

Ha ha, didn't see it but I was wrong. I thought (and still do) that his skill set would be perfect in Payton's offense. Well, that certainly hasn't happened and I wasted 2 different fantasy picks on him. There's something with Spiller that just doesn't add up. He should be a dynamic weapon (a rich man's Dion Lewis) but he just can't play.

Yea, I really blew that one too. I thought Spiller would have a killer year with the Saints. They appear to be a shell of the team they used to be.

You'd be having an unproductive year as well if you backed up Gronk. Chandler wasn't a star but he wasn't as bad as some on this board made him out to be.

Lets describe him as " rather limited" then shall we?

He wasn't brought there to backup though. He was brought there to play the Hernandez role.

that would be hilarious !

• 2 weeks later...

The Bills haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. The players on their team are not very good. How good can their cast offs possibly be?

exactly. Why the Boston media sounds mystified that Chandler isn't Gronk part 2 is beyond me.

I listened to Zolak and whoever the other guy is for a few minutes today and they whined about how Chandler was dropping balls and not getting open vs Denver and woe is them.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 months later...