Scott Chandler

Kirby Jackson

the article is about the discrepancy in what the Pats thought they were getting and expected (a return to their 2 TE sets like with Gronk/Hernandez) and what they actually got (Chandler, who isn't close to Hernandez talent-wise). Not about why Buffalo cut him. He didn't fit the TE role in Roman's system and he wasn't good enough to change the system and be put out there as just a mediocre pass catcher taking up a spot.

There were actually pats media and fans declaring before the season that they had two elite TEs. I wanted to know who the hell the other one was. Chandler is a depth TE and they see that now. Not sure why they had their sites set so high.

The really annoying people were those that were CONVINCED that he would just all of a sudden become good because he was on the Pats. As if going to the Pats made him faster, a better blocker, a better route runner and better hands. His skill set wasn't holding him back it was the jersey. It was such a dumb argument then and has been proven wrong (at least so far).

I honestly thought NE was a good fit for him and he would be a reliable #2. He just was never going to be Aaron Hernandez because he has nowhere near the talent. Hernandez has more murders than Chandler TDs this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real annoying people were those that were CONVINCED that he would just all of a sudden become good because he was on the Pats. As if going to the Pats made him faster, a better blocker, a better route runner and better hands. His skill set wasn't holding him back it was the jersey. It was such a dumb argument then and has been proven wrong (at least so far).

I honestly thought NE was a good fit for him and he would be a reliable #2. He just was never going to be Aaron Hernandez because he has nowhere near the talent. Hernandez has more murders than Chandler TDs this year.

:w00t::lol:

This just in, Scott Chandler is still a bad football player. Despite what many here believed to be a Pro Bowl year, Chandler has looked like the same unathletic borderline #2 TE that he was here. I don't know where everyone went that was predicting a monster year from a below average player but here's Mike Reiss to tell you more: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4787682/exploring-why-te-scott-chandler-hasnt-had-more-impact-with-patriots

I have to agree. Every time I flip the channel there is chandler dropping another one. I almost feel bad for the pats for having him and can't believe they have kept him. Wouldn't surprise me to see a chandler drop causing the pats to lose the whole thing.

The real annoying people were those that were CONVINCED that he would just all of a sudden become good because he was on the Pats. As if going to the Pats made him faster, a better blocker, a better route runner and better hands. His skill set wasn't holding him back it was the jersey. It was such a dumb argument then and has been proven wrong (at least so far).

I was one of those people, but you're misrepresenting the argument, IMO. It was never that going to the Pats would make Chandler better. It was that he had decent numbers in Buffalo with garbage QB's who didn't throw a lot. One could reasonably think that going to another team with a way better QB who throws 40-50 times a game would increase his numbers.

And I was wrong in this regard.

I was one of those people, but you're misrepresenting the argument, IMO. It was never that going to the Pats would make Chandler better. It was that he had decent numbers in Buffalo with garbage QB's who didn't throw a lot. One could reasonably think that going to another team with a way better QB who throws 40-50 times a game would increase his numbers.

i have to think his snaps will increase going forward with the injuries they've had. Just a matter of what he does with them.

The point that was missed though is that the good numbers in Buffalo were a function of an opportunity that his skill level didn't warrant. He was never challenged for his starting role despite not having the tools to be an average starter. It wasn't that he was good despite bad QB play, he put up good numbers because of bad TE talent on the roster.

The point that was missed though is that the good numbers in Buffalo were a function of an opportunity that his skill level didn't warrant. He was never challenged for his starting role despite not having the tools to be an average starter. It wasn't that he was good despite bad QB play, he put up good numbers because of bad TE talent on the roster.

You're right, but I thought he'd get opportunities even as the #2. Especially with Gronk drawing coverage in twin TE sets.

Not that I believe in jinxing the team. but all this talk about how worthless he is makes me think he will stand in the endzone and make a catch too high for the defense to stop. He does that every so often, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens on Monday night. Then who will look foolish?

Not that I believe in jinxing the team. but all this talk about how worthless he is makes me think he will stand in the endzone and make a catch too high for the defense to stop. He does that every so often, and I wouldn't be surprised if it happens on Monday night. Then who will look foolish?

no one? He hasn't been good. If he does that good for him. Doesn't erase his crappiness for 9 games. Edited by YoloinOhio

if he does, good for him. He's been frequently open all season though due to teams saying WGAS and only stepped up on occasion.

he played OK against us if I remember, and got a TD. these guys have a tendency to step up against former teams. with that and Pats working more on him during practise (which i can see given the matchups theyd want to exploit and avoid), i can at least see him featured more

If the game plan on Monday is to get the ball to Chandler, I like the Bills chances. He may score but that doesn't change the fact that he isn't good and hasn't been what the Pats thought.

he played OK against us if I remember, and got a TD. these guys have a tendency to step up against former teams. with that and Pats working more on him during practise (which i can see given the matchups theyd want to exploit and avoid), i can at least see him featured more

no TDs vs Bills. He has two 1-yd TDs all year. Week 1 and week 10. Edited by YoloinOhio