Percy Harvin Out vs. Miami; Placed on Injured Reserve

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TBNSports

Hip, health & hanging it up: WNY native Wohlabaugh has been in Harvin’s cleats. @TBNbucky: http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2015/10/22/hip-health-and-hanging-it-up-wohlabaugh-has-been-in-harvins-cleats/

Eleven years ago, Dave Wohlabaugh stood on my street, in his parents’ driveway, and explained the situation. He was 32 years old and had a successful career. He played in a Super Bowl with the Patriots. He signed a life-changing contract with the Browns and tacked on another season with the Rams.

And yet when he talked about a nagging hip problem, one that had hampered him for a year and threatened his long-term health, the decision was a no-brainer. His family and his future were more important than football and finances. No matter how much he loved the game, it was time to hang up his cleats.

Good grief this Franchise is so snake-bit...It would actually be funny if it was not so sad...We obviously angered the Football Gods at some point years ago...And they don't seen to be the forgiving type... B-)

I don't think you can call yourself snake bit if you sign a WR who has played only about 1/2 the games the last 2years due to injury and he gets injured.

I figured he would contemplate retirement, so i guess the only surprising part is that he's not waiting until the end of the season. But his hip is probably something that will never get better and it could get worse, that sucks, heck of a talent when healthy...

so how exactly did you figure this? inside source?

Would love to have him here - he can teach Sissy Watkins how to be a man and play ball.

a ha, that's it; another informed post ...... :wallbash:

Would love to have him here - he can teach Sissy Watkins how to be a man and play ball.

God you are so right

Like when he played through last season with cracked ribs?

or

He he missed like 2 games for a calf which is serious for a WR

and then god forbid....he needs to man the F up and play with a injured ankle

THese are LOWER BODY INJURIES......wide receivers dont play through those

if percy is awol wouldnt that potentially void his contract? i woldn't think even percy's questionable past actions would indicate giving up that kind of bank

Pooj....thought I read something about that today....they are saying "personal reasons" not injury

I think that is going to mean something.

Rex said he was "excused" for personal reasons. That means the team has sanctioned his absence. He is not AWOL and it won't mean anything.

i took the 'don't know where he was' more to indicate he doesn't know what he is feeling, retirement or frustration from injury, not necessarily in a we don't know where he is 'physically'

He also said he didnt know where he was

Didnt you find that a bit odd?

I really questioned signing this player for 6 mill per as he really hasn't done anything ever as a WR mostly because he has never had a 1000 yard season receiving or more then 6 TD's.

But then after watching him play with Buffalo I changed my mind thinking he would be worth the money if he can stay healthy. It must be so difficult as a pro player to be let down by your body year after year. I sure hope this isn't what the future holds for Sammy Watkins. Starting to look that way though.

@TBNSports

Hip, health & hanging it up: WNY native Wohlabaugh has been in Harvin’s cleats. @TBNbucky: http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2015/10/22/hip-health-and-hanging-it-up-wohlabaugh-has-been-in-harvins-cleats/

Good article, I can relate.

i took the 'don't know where he was' more to indicate he doesn't know what he is feeling, retirement or frustration from injury, not necessarily in a we don't know where he is 'physically'

Or even physically how he's healing.

But not geographically that he is literally a missing person as far as the team is aware

seemed clear enough to me.

But is this a story being inflated now that the " not travelling " is the statement.

If he was sitting again, maybe not so much?

Once people start to poke around they always find something to spout for their efforts.

cant write nothin' when you were asked to find out what is the story now can ya?

Probably thinking about retiring for longer than this week if his pain is so significant.

such crap. who cares.

Next

A bad hip injury killed BO Jackson's career. Injuries are nothing to sneeze at or mock.

Bo Jackon dislocated his hip during a game. He subsequently devloped avascular necrosis of his femoral head, requiring hip replacement.

Harvin has a "hip injury"...

I took it to mean he doesn't know where he is, just like he said. Edited by reddogblitz

Tyler Dunne Verified account @TyDunne 41m41 minutes ago

Whaley said team hasn't been in contact with Percy Harvin: "When we get back, we'll reach out to him and see where he is."

Tiffany Blackmon Verified account @tiffblackmon 31m31 minutes ago

Whaley says Bills found out early last week that Harvin needed to take some time for personal reasons.

Adam Benigni Verified account @AdamBenigni 48m48 minutes ago

#Bills GM Doug Whaley: No update or timetable on decision/situation with Percy Harvin @wgrz

I wonder if Harvin is thinking that this team is not as good as he once thought, so he is limiting the likelihood of injury since this team is imploding with injuries, people grumbling about the defensive scheme, quarterback questions, etc.

Maybe it's too soon for so much doubt, but when playing hurt the uncertainty could get amplified.

Tyler Dunne Verified account ‏@TyDunne 41m41 minutes ago

Whaley said team hasn't been in contact with Percy Harvin: "When we get back, we'll reach out to him and see where he is."

Tiffany Blackmon Verified account ‏@tiffblackmon 31m31 minutes ago

Whaley says Bills found out early last week that Harvin needed to take some time for personal reasons.

Adam Benigni Verified account ‏@AdamBenigni 48m48 minutes ago

#Bills GM Doug Whaley: No update or timetable on decision/situation with Percy Harvin @wgrz

That doesn't sound promising.

That doesn't sound promising.

I guess..... In a nutshell, It sounds like:

DW: hey how are you feeling

Ph: not good man. I'm worried about my future if I push it. Part of me feels like I should walk away while I can still walk.

DW: well, we will all be overseas this week, why don't you take some time with friends and family and think about it- try to get healed up... We can talk next week and hopefully the rehab and time to clear your head has you feeling better, but I understand your concerns.

Which isn't terrible, but who knows how well reasoned it actually was.

I guess..... In a nutshell, It sounds like:

DW: hey how are you feeling

Ph: not good man. I'm worried about my future if I push it. Part of me feels like I should walk away while I can still walk.

DW: well, we will all be overseas this week, why don't you take some time with friends and family and think about it- try to get healed up... We can talk next week and hopefully the rehab and time to clear your head has you feeling better, but I understand your concerns.

Which isn't terrible, but who knows how well reasoned it actually was.

It could mean a lot of things, but that is - by far - the most Pollyanna way to assume the situation is transpiring. It could be:

- Just about Harvin getting healthy (as you assume)

- Harvin dealing with some personal matters unrelated to football that are interfering with his playing

- Harvin taking a powder because he's unhappy with the team/his use/etc. (and it wouldn't be the first time that happened, or the second)

- Harvin deciding whether or not his body has had enough of football

It really could be any one or multiple ones of those. I suspect that it isn't primarily #1 mainly because there hasn't been any mention of medical evaluations or treatments. The other issue is his track record. He's never put his team ahead of himself and despite many posters thinking his 2 whole months of keeping his mouth shut and suiting up while with the Jets meant he'd changed, some of us weren't convinced. I hoped he could make it through 1 season without the same issues raising their heads because he has so much on the line financially, but here we are in a situation that looks very familiar.

The bills tipping their hand like this makes me think that it is not good. Either that or the organization is a giant bozo.

If they were on the same page the bills would say he is hurt, stayed home to try to rehab. We will see after the bye week where he stands.

The bills tipping their hand like this makes me think that it is not good. Either that or the organization is a giant bozo.

If they were on the same page the bills would say he is hurt, stayed home to try to rehab. We will see after the bye week where he stands.

I agree with this take.

Either way, this guy won't be associated with the team a heck of a lot longer anyway.