Percy Harvin Out vs. Miami; Placed on Injured Reserve

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he clearly feels threatened by Chris Hogan

I for one am really glad that we kept Hogan around. He's not made of crystalized sugar and gentle winds like the rest of the receiving corps (ok not robert woods). That and he catches everything throw at him.

@billsupdates

Is Buffalo Bills WR Percy Harvin considering retiring? Reports are conflicting http://ow.ly/TIu5d

According to NFL sources, Harvin is deciding whether he wants to continue playing as the result of a nagging hip injury that kept him out of last Sunday's loss against Cincinnati.

The Bills are "comfortable with the possibility of moving on without" Harvin, a league source said.

During his media briefing Thursday, coach Rex Ryan, "I'm not going to say any more on" Harvin "than" Wednesday, "because I don't know where he is right now."

He looks really slow out there to my eye. Not explosive at all. It wouldn't surprise me if he called it quits so he's not crippled by age 40.

my thoughts exactly, decent for a slot receiver but he hasnt done anything Hogan couldnt do

Maybe the biggest loss here is financial. What was his guaranteed $? Actually I don't care. Moving on.

it was a 1 year deal.

its not a very dramatic situation, really. hes fine to carry while we see what happens. we certainly arent cutting him til the offseason, but if it turns out hes done they will be fine IRing him.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/tell-your-grandkids-about-the-2015-buffalo-bills/

So how's that "let's get a bunch of small quick guys and make them try to cover all of them" theory going?

Tyrod, McCoy, Sammy, Percy ... all missing significant time. This is often spun by Bills fans as "why to bad things always happen to the Bills? Look at our injury list." The truth is: build your offense around small, quick guys who are higher than average injury risks, don't act shocked when they get injured. (I know, McCoy has been sturdy, put he's an aging back who depends on quickness)

it was a 1 year deal.

its not a very dramatic situation, really. hes fine to carry while we see what happens. we certainly arent cutting him til the offseason, but if it turns out hes done they will be fine IRing him.

Exactly - no one is retiring while the big checks keep rolling in. He'll collect every penny here, then decide what's next.

Exactly - no one is retiring while the big checks keep rolling in. He'll collect every penny here, then decide what's next.

yup - the only question mark is how many weeks theyd keep him active before IR comes into play.

otherwise, seems like it should be a pretty simple path from here realistically.