A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

1) On the last play of the 1st quarter, Clay threw a perfect block for Karlos. Clay played a great, complete game today. As I have said, a good TE is a young qb's best friend.

2) Listen, Gay is worth a roster spot. He gave us great field position, and things like this truly do matter.

3) Preston Brown hits like a truck, and it is simply great to have him on this football team.

4) There's mosquitoes on the river.

Fish are rising up like birds.

It's been hot for seven weeks now,

Too hot to even speak now.

Did you hear what I just heard?

Say, it might have been a fiddle,

Or it could have been the wind.

But there seems to be a beat, now.

I can feel it in my feet, now.

Listen here it comes again!!!!

5) Do you see what happens when we blitz up the middle? This set up the Brown pick/TD. This is what football is supposed to look like when a team has a talented defense.

6) Great game by Harvin today, to include a very clutch first down with approx. 4 minutes left in the 1st qtr.

7) I want to send out some props to Gilmore. Lord knows I blasted him when I saw fit but today he was fantastic.

8) Karlos Williams is exactly the type of running back this team needed. I mean seriously, who would you rather have, Fred and Spiller or Shady and Karlos? Case closed.

9) Speaking of corners, Darby is playing as well as any rookie I can remember since the rule changes. It would be perfect if Rambo would stop kicking his ass.

10) Glenn continues to be a huge concern imo. He was far from dominant, and even appeared to be just standing around on some plays. I don't get it.

11) Tyrod is the man!!!! The pass to Sammy was picture perfect and what I loved about it was that he didn't have to step into the throw. The kid has an arm, is smart, and is the fastest qb in the NFL. There is nothing not to like and maybe the talk about switching starters will finally stop, no?

12) Very good game from Incognito. It's nice to have a left guard!

13) Time to come home and beat up the Giants!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15) good decision by the Phins to pain the seats teal. you have to put a little more effort to notice the stadium is still empty, and this is their season home opener.

their fan base is a joke. They were 1-1 with a home opener against a division rival and the stadium looked like a 4th preseason game.

5) Classic Gilmore......played excellent most of the game but didn't finish on the TD pass he allowed.

9) Darby is the anti-Gilmore......he is small and very fast and quick but most importantly he plays to the whistle.

11) Taylor has been exceptional going back to preseason. I know the popular sentiment is that preseason means nothing but you could see this coming with his strong play in preseason.

Edited by #BADOL

I like Aaron Williams. He plays with passion and he can really hit when he gets a chance. We all know about the stupid penalties.

My question, was there any drop off in safety play with him out of the game?

Will he still be the starter as soon as he is healthy again?

No chance AW doesn't return as a starter once he is ready. Still the depth of this secondary is impressive, thanks in large part to unheralded, undrafted finds. The bigger question is does McKelvin's return in 4-5 weeks result in Darby not starting.

The Bills still moved the ball with Sammy & Shady injured, and the offense can only get better with both at 100%.

Tyrod looks to be the real deal for the Bills in a long awaited need for a franchise QB. 21 of 29 for 277 yards, and 3 TD's no INTs. He is currently making a not so good O line a non issue.

Percy Harvin stepped up when needed, and Karlos Williams is a beast with 110 yards on 12 carries, and a TD.

So much to like about Buffalo after a game like this.

1) On the last play of the 1st quarter, Clay threw a perfect block for Karlos. Clay played a great, complete game today. As I have said, a good TE is a young qb's best friend.

2) Listen, Gay is worth a roster spot. He gave us great field position, and things like this truly do matter.

3) Preston Brown hits like a truck, and it is simply great to have him on this football team.

5) Do you see what happens when we blitz up the middle? This set up the Brown pick/TD. This is what football is supposed to look like when a team has a talented defense.

6) Great game by Harvin today, to include a very clutch first down with approx. 4 minutes left in the 1st qtr.

7) I want to send out some props to Gilmore. Lord knows I blasted him when I saw fit but today he was fantastic.

8) Karlos Williams is exactly the type of running back this team needed. I mean seriously, who would you rather have, Fred and Spiller or Shady and Karlos? Case closed.

9) Speaking of corners, Darby is playing as well as any rookie I can remember since the rule changes. It would be perfect if Rambo would stop kicking his ass.

10) Glenn continues to be a huge concern imo. He was far from dominant, and even appeared to be just standing around on some plays. I don't get it.

11) Tyrod is the man!!!! The pass to Sammy was picture perfect and what I loved about it was that he didn't have to step into the throw. The kid has an arm, is smart, and is the fastest qb in the NFL. There is nothing not to like and maybe the talk about switching starters will finally stop, no?

13) Time to come home and beat up the Giants!

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor needs to start practicing how to slide. Dude almost tore his knee up with a horrible slide today.

TT's throwing motion is beautiful It is so effortless and natural. In the three games he has played so far he has been consistent with his high percentage his accuracy, arm strength and his ability to move. Compared to the pedestrian "game managers" we have watched for a generation he is a joyful revelation. Isn't it a pleasure to watch a TE being incorporated into the offense? Isn't it a pleasure to watch the whole field being utilized in the passing game? Isn't it a pleasure to watch a swing pass thrown accurately and with the right touch so the back could catch it in stride?

As I said in another post Roman is a tremendous asset for TT and TT is a tremendous asset for Roman. He allows Roman to use all the tools in his tool kit.

As you smartly noted Incognito is a terrific addition to the OL. He has by far been our best lineman. I didn't watch Glenn too closely in this game. But it seems to me that he is much more sluggish and slow to react than in his rookie year. I don't know if he wasn't able to get in the shape in the offseason due to an illness or injury. Something is wrong?

Without a doubt the Bills played an excellent game. But something is amiss with the Dolphins. They were dreadful! They played with little spirit and desire. The TD pass play to Clay in the beginning of the game was a disgraceful exhibit of effort and tackling by the defense. It was embarrassing. Playing with little interest and heart in your home opener is a good way to get the HC fired before the season is over.

What's even more impressive is that Taylor is averaging the highest "Air Yards" per attempt in the NFL at over 26 yards per attempt. Funny that right after CBS posted this stat, he tosses his 38 yard TD to Hogan...

For him to be throwing the ball that far in the air and for his completion percentage to be over 72% is REALLY REALLY good.

Without a doubt the Bills played an excellent game. But something is amiss with the Dolphins. They were dreadful! They played with little spirit and desire. The TD pass play to Clay in the beginning of the game was a disgraceful exhibit of effort and tackling by the defense. It was embarrassing. Playing with little interest and heart in your home opener is a good way to get the HC fired before the season is over.

This is my take. The Bills beat up on a team that has already quit on its coach before the home opener. I can't remember anything quite like that, although maybe the 49ers last year (although I'd argue that their coach had quit on them). The announcers accused the Dolphins of sleepwalking and that's an apt description of what we witnessed today. Something is amiss, indeed.

4. May the music never stop, indeed.

6. Harvin was a first down machine. Nice to see somebody pick up for Fred.

This is deserving of its own thread. Create a player.

I'll go with Mario Taylor

Preston Alonso.

Boobie Brown, huh?

might as well be. i'd take jackson any day over whatever you call him. the spiller/jackson/mccoy/hot rookie comparison is disingenuous. i like the rook but do 3 games erase the memory of all those games behind terrible lines for fj? no way.

otherwise, i agree. i will add that ST had 2 penalties on a single play again including an illegal formation. either they need to fire a retard player or 2 on the ST or the ST coach. this shouldn't happen

i especially agree with the value of an athletic TE. the first touchdown was embarrassing for the fins DB's. chandler would have fallen at the 5. it's about time the bills brass saw and filled the need. clay was a big asset today.

finally, they were mostly all business today. no stupid jumping around and chest beating before they won. no over hyped, overactive confidence and bravado. they let the results talk. to me that's the most hopeful observation of all.

I like Aaron Williams. He plays with passion and he can really hit when he gets a chance. We all know about the stupid penalties.

My question, was there any drop off in safety play with him out of the game?

Will he still be the starter as soon as he is healthy again?

At least he isn't kicking the crap out of Darby. Yes he is the starter, and notice to our safeties, please ease up on the corners.

Boobie Brown, huh?

Funny, but in all seriousness, Boobie's feet look like they are stuck in cement. He really shouldn't be getting touches. If we're trying to pound it, let's see what Felton with a head of steam can do. Otherwise, just a wasted opportunity to give Karlos the ball.

TT's throwing motion is beautiful It is so effortless and natural. In the three games he has played so far he has been consistent with his high percentage his accuracy, arm strength and his ability to move. Compared to the pedestrian "game managers" we have watched for a generation he is a joyful revelation. Isn't it a pleasure to watch a TE being incorporated into the offense? Isn't it a pleasure to watch the whole field being utilized in the passing game? Isn't it a pleasure to watch a swing pass thrown accurately and with the right touch so the back could catch it in stride?

As I said in another post Roman is a tremendous asset for TT and TT is a tremendous asset for Roman. He allows Roman to use all the tools in his tool kit.

As you smartly noted Incognito is a terrific addition to the OL. He has by far been our best lineman. I didn't watch Glenn too closely in this game. But it seems to me that he is much more sluggish and slow to react than in his rookie year. I don't know if he wasn't able to get in the shape in the offseason due to an illness or injury. Something is wrong?

Philbin is done, possibly tomorrow, or a week from then.

Funny, but in all seriousness, Boobie's feet look like they are stuck in cement. He really shouldn't be getting touches. If we're trying to pound it, let's see what Felton with a head of steam can do. Otherwise, just a wasted opportunity to give Karlos the ball.

Remember the game last nyear when Fred and CJ were hurt and Boobie got all the carries. You could just see it in him thinking, "yeah, that was fun for a while. Is it over yet? Really.... I think I've had enough....can we go home now?"

Seeing the way Karlos Williams and Ronald Darby have played reminded me of this gem.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/18643/bills-miss-the-mark-with-darby-williams-selections

Yeah, that post was priceless...

"Yet the questionable selections of Darby and especially Williams will overshadow the other work the Bills did in this draft. There weren't pressing needs at either cornerback or running back, so the Bills will be wedging two players of questionable character onto their depth chart..."

Philbin is done, possibly tomorrow, or a week from then.

Yep. Probably after the London game if they get blown out by the Jests...

Excellent recap, as usual, Bill.

Darby played an exceptional game. I think you can see why I was not "worried" about his play based on the preseason when Rex purposefully gave him a baptism by fire. But make no mistake, when Leodis returns, he will step back into the lineup (when he becomes game ready). It will only make the defensive backfield even stronger.

Boobie is what he is. I still think he has value as a short yardage back, but he really isn't an every down back, IMO.

William Karlos Williams is a monster. Will only get better, IMO.

Haha- yeah Whaley is the best young GM in football right now. Mark it down. He finds talent, period.

1. Karlos Williams and Darby are looking like two fantastic draft picks.

2. Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes was genius

3. Charles Clay is a great all around TE, and a solid FA acquisition

4. Signing Percy Harvin and Incognito with something to prove was genius.

5. And Tyrod looks like the real deal.....the first time that can be said for the Bills in a long time

Thanks for posting Bill!

Excellent recap, as usual, Bill.

Darby played an exceptional game. I think you can see why I was not "worried" about his play based on the preseason when Rex purposefully gave him a baptism by fire. But make no mistake, when Leodis returns, he will step back into the lineup (when he becomes game ready). It will only make the defensive backfield even stronger.

Boobie is what he is. I still think he has value as a short yardage back, but he really isn't an every down back, IMO.

William Karlos Williams is a monster. Will only get better, IMO.

That's generous re: Boobie.

Maybe just two carries a game....every time the announcers say his name my 10 year old giggles

What's even more impressive is that Taylor is averaging the highest "Air Yards" per attempt in the NFL at over 26 yards per attempt. Funny that right after CBS posted this stat, he tosses his 38 yard TD to Hogan...

For him to be throwing the ball that far in the air and for his completion percentage to be over 72% is REALLY REALLY good.

impressive indeed! I know the season is young but having a real QB with signicant production/points from the offense is such a welcome and long awaited change. Remember the 'can't score in the red zone' angst we suffered for so long? Just hoping we could score in the red zone a little more, to allow us to eek out one or more wins with our great defense. Seems like a bad dream now. This is really getting fun again!