What is your biggest concern going into the Miami game?

YoloinOhio

Biggest concern going into Miami game  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biggest concern going into the Miami game?

• Performance of Tyrod Taylor
    • Turnovers
    • Offensive Line vs. Suh and Co.
    • Kicking game
    • Defensive line getting to Tannehill
    • Secondary vs. Miami WRs and TEs
    • Getting outcoached
    • Playing on the road in Miami's home opener
    • The heat factor
    • The refs
    • Injury to AW -> Rambo starting
    • Penalties
    • Other

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilmore. He will only have a handful of passes thrown to him, but he will allow a TD and a crucial first down.

He is going to do that just to irritate you.....just so you know.

With all due respect John, if Taylor isn't more patient in the pocket and can't step up in it to find the open guys he missed last Sunday, we are in for more of the same. If "Tyrod being Tyrod" means he sees ghosts and imagines pressure the is not there, then I don't want him to be Tyrod.

Ironically, by becoming a good pocket QB, he will better take advantage of defenses with his running ability.

GO BILLS!!!

K9 you know what I mean when I say that

You want his natural instincts to continue to be a part of his game and not start overthinking things.......overthinking things causes him to hang onto the ball because he might make a mistake. We saw TOO MUCH of that last year.

I want Tyrod to be Tyrod because the guy is a natural playmaker........and yes as his game continues to come along (in his 3rd start) you want to see him recognize things and react in the correct way.

But right now....because he has less then a years experience if he chooses to take off for a 15 yard scamper instead of hitting Robert Woods for long gain.....I will take that because it keeps the offense productive and moving As he gains experience.....then he makes that throw.

What I DONT want.....is EJ Manuel of last year.....afraid to throw the ball for fear of a turnover.

He is going to do that just to irritate you.....just so you know.

K9 you know what I mean when I say that

You want his natural instincts to continue to be a part of his game and not start overthinking things.......overthinking things causes him to hang onto the ball because he might make a mistake. We saw TOO MUCH of that last year.

I want Tyrod to be Tyrod because the guy is a natural playmaker........and yes as his game continues to come along (in his 3rd start) you want to see him recognize things and react in the correct way.

But right now....because he has less then a years experience if he chooses to take off for a 15 yard scamper instead of hitting Robert Woods for long gain.....I will take that because it keeps the offense productive and moving As he gains experience.....then he makes that throw.

What I DONT want.....is EJ Manuel of last year.....afraid to throw the ball for fear of a turnover.

I hear what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree that a 15 yard scamper, while not optimal, is still a positive play that keeps the chains moving. But we simply can't afford for him to walk into sacks like he did last week. That was just as "instinctive" as his ability to make a play with his feet.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear what you're saying and I don't necessarily disagree that a 15 yard scamper, while not optimal, is still a positive play that keeps the chains moving. But we simply can't afford for him to walk into sacks like he did last week. That was just as "instinctive" as his ability to make a play with his feet.

GO BILLS!!!

No K-9.

Last week was the trial by fire thing. The Kid lost his composure for awhile. And maybe he was just at a loss as to what just happened?

I might guess Coaches settled him down nicely. And he did recover.

I agree that his instincts will serve him well. Because he will balance them better against intelligence and awareness.

give him some time to develop to the live bullet theory.

Be nice to see him settle down even against the Dolphins line. I dont think we see as bad of play ever again from him while healthy.

I say he kills it sunday afternoon. even it he does it quietly with the run game.

Suh is going step on someone Bills, and Wood is going to earn his pay with an ejection for stomping.

eight ball says

" yep"

Penalties. Rex won't gameplan as badly as last week because we're not playing Brady. Our DL is going to dominate their OL, especially with Albert out. Hughes could have 3 sacks. Tannehill is not and will never be close to as good as Brady when it comes to getting the ball out quickly.

Our offense will be too much for them to handle. The only way they stay competitive is if we keep killing ourselves with penalties.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

GO BILLS!!!

We havent seen him do a lot of that....certainly not in pre season.

It was this one game.

It was this one game.

I think that a lot of things happen in this game outside of the norm. It just seemed like our guys were too amped up for their own good. I have a lot less to worry about in the Miami game than I did at the New England game. Joe Philbin is no Belichick.

It was this one game.

I am fully in TT's corner, don't get me wrong here. But he is gonna see a steady diet of what he saw for the first time last Sunday and he needs to show he can maintain his poise and operate under duress in the pocket. It's gonna make his running ability so much more dangerous when he does. I think he has it in him, too.

GO BILLS!!!

So my choice was our secondary vs their WRs and TEs. Jordan Cameron hurt his groin last week and didn't finish the game, but is expected to play Sunday. He's very difficult to defend, usually wins at the catch point, and we won't have Aaron Williams. He has built up some nice chemistry with Tannehill. I also think they have some diverse skill sets at WR and a lot of talent. This is by far my greatest concern. The Bills absolutely have to get to Tannehill to disrupt the passing game. They must sustain drives and control the clock, I just may have PTBS after last week but I'm worried about our safeties.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Yolo- they sacked Tannehill 18 times in the last two years, and their line is hurt. I'm sick and tired of the yellow flags. There were so many needless penalties against us that screwed the game up last week. How much field position did we lose due to undisciplined mistakes.

One of my buddies who follows the Pats (he lives in Boston). Mentioned to me who follows Rex his teams are notorious for undisciplined penalties, and poor clock mgmt. I hope he is wrong.

Yolo- they sacked Tannehill 18 times in the last two years, and their line is hurt. I'm sick and tired of the yellow flags. There were so many needless penalties against us that screwed the game up last week. How much field position did we lose due to undisciplined mistakes.

One of my buddies who follows the Pats (he lives in Boston). Mentioned to me who follows Rex his teams are notorious for undisciplined penalties, and poor clock mgmt. I hope he is wrong.

what is interesting is that the Jets only had one PF called on them all of last year, and ranked in the middle of the league for penalties in general. The Bills were second to worst. I don't know if it's Rex. I think there are a lot of coaches who struggle with clock management, we see it every week around the league. Nevertheless I don't want to see it here.

your looking at Rankings after 2 games ????? is this Howard, if so stop reading the paper to me during the pre game show....bring something to the table please

Rankings matter no how many games are played. If the Bills were the #1 defense in the NFL after two games then I'm certain I'd be reading a lot more about it here. Many Bills fans were predicating the Bills having the number one defense this season, and it can't be anything other then disappointing to see the Bills near last so far.

The Bills are 28th overall on total defense, 31st in pass defense, 2nd in the NFL in rush defense all for obvious reasons. 14th in sacks with only 4 after leading the league the last two years, and below is a big reason why.

Will the Bills finish the year with these stats, doubtful. But then if Ryan keeps dropping his D linemen into pass coverage game after game it could get worse. A good coach understands what his players do best, and then puts them into position to achieve that. Dropping Kyle Williams into pass coverage instead of rushing the passer is a ridiculous way to utilize one of the leagues best DT's. Same thing with Jerry Hughes being asked to cover Gronk, and both things actually happened last game.

Watched the Pats all 22.. concentrated on their possesions and our D. Honestly, we looked prepared.. but some very nice play design really challenged our LBs and DBs to play mistake free. When one guy broke down, Brady was all over it.. although he did miss a couple plays, too.

So, my concern is our pass defense, only because of we weren't coordinated well enough to stand up to a polished attack by the defending champs. I think it may be this week's weakest link, but I also expect our guys will turn Miami over 3 or 4 times.. which is why I think we're going to dominate them to the tune of a 3 TD margin of victory.

I am worried about...

never mind. I just dont worry about stuff much

Giddy Up!

No, my biggest concerns are things going on in this world that affect me. Football games don't affect me therefor there is no need for me to be concerned. Do I root and want the Bills to win, yeah but to be "concerned", no. Some people take sports way too seriously.

Really? This is a forum dedicated to discussion about the Bills including the concerns you may have about them. Your response was unwarranted.

Watched the Pats all 22.. concentrated on their possesions and our D. Honestly, we looked prepared.. but some very nice play design really challenged our LBs and DBs to play mistake free. When one guy broke down, Brady was all over it.. although he did miss a couple plays, too.

So, my concern is our pass defense, only because of we weren't coordinated well enough to stand up to a polished attack by the defending champs. I think it may be this week's weakest link, but I also expect our guys will turn Miami over 3 or 4 times.. which is why I think we're going to dominate them to the tune of a 3 TD margin of victory.

As Dennis Thurman mentioned, players have to communicate better. I assume he means against the pass game.

Bills do fine against the run. But 59 passes from Brady will freak out will wear on a Man. and once the chink is found it will certainly be exploited.

Philbin is no Bellichick

Rankings matter no how many games are played. If the Bills were the #1 defense in the NFL after two games then I'm certain I'd be reading a lot more about it here. Many Bills fans were predicating the Bills having the number one defense this season, and it can't be anything other then disappointing to see the Bills near last so far.

The Bills are 28th overall on total defense, 31st in pass defense, 2nd in the NFL in rush defense all for obvious reasons. 14th in sacks with only 4 after leading the league the last two years, and below is a big reason why.

Will the Bills finish the year with these stats, doubtful. But then if Ryan keeps dropping his D linemen into pass coverage game after game it could get worse. A good coach understands what his players do best, and then puts them into position to achieve that. Dropping Kyle Williams into pass coverage instead of rushing the passer is a ridiculous way to utilize one of the leagues best DT's. Same thing with Jerry Hughes being asked to cover Gronk, and both things actually happened last game.

so what your saying is ...whoever is leading in rushing will be there at the end, and recieving, team offense and team defense etc....and I'm saying two games is is affected more on who you played more than anything else.

My biggest fear is that New England exposed our secondary and linebackers as not being up to the task, if a QB can deliver the ball quickly. This fear is mitigated by realizing Ryan Tannehill is not Tom Brady.

My second biggest fear is that the Miami defense is tougher than the New England offense, and the Bills seem to struggle against that defense.

After last week, I think the clear issue is the D line getting to Tannehill. You know teams are going to mimic the blue print as it was so successful last week. Does Miami have the guns to do it? We'll see.

Agreed. One would think that I would have picked the OL. This would have been my second choice, but a few sacks and takeaways would go far to shorten the field for Tyrod.

Time for the DL to start really earning the big bucks.

so what your saying is ...whoever is leading in rushing will be there at the end, and recieving, team offense and team defense etc....and I'm saying two games is is affected more on who you played more than anything else.

That's not what I said at all.

In fact i mentioned "The Bills are 28th overall on total defense, 31st in pass defense, 2nd in the NFL in rush defense all for obvious reasons." Those obvious reasons were that the Patriots threw it 59 times while rushing it only 15 times.

In your post you stated, "your looking at Rankings after 2 games ?????", and as I stated those rankings matter.

Its not my fault Rex Ryan had his head up his posterior for the New England game. Lets hope he goes back to what worked against the Colts for this upcoming Miami game :D

So my choice was our secondary vs their WRs and TEs. Jordan Cameron hurt his groin last week and didn't finish the game, but is expected to play Sunday. He's very difficult to defend, usually wins at the catch point, and we won't have Aaron Williams. He has built up some nice chemistry with Tannehill. I also think they have some diverse skill sets at WR and a lot of talent. This is by far my greatest concern. The Bills absolutely have to get to Tannehill to disrupt the passing game. They must sustain drives and control the clock, I just may have PTBS after last week but I'm worried about our safeties.

OK Yolo I give up. What does PTBS mean? I've heard of PTSD.

Please Text Back Soon?

Pirates of The Burning Sea?

Programmable True Bypass Switcher?

Pine Tree Branch Station?

Persistent Turn Based Server?

Parking Transit Benefit System?

Permanent Total Body Shimmying?

Persistent Toxic Bioaccumulative Substances?

Post Traumatic Brain Syndrome?

Problematic Toy Bull Scheisse?

:lol:

Anyway, I'm not worried about the Bills secondary this week if the Bills play like they did against the Colts. If the defense plays like they did against the Patriots, and drop Kyle Williams into coverage or have Jerry Hughes covering Jordan Cameron then it could be a long day for Buffalo.

The bigger concern is if the Miami defense stacks the box the entire game, and neither the Bills QB or OC can figure out a way to defeat it.

OK Yolo I give up. What does PTBS mean? I've heard of PTSD.

Please Text Back Soon?

Pirates of The Burning Sea?

Programmable True Bypass Switcher?

Pine Tree Branch Station?

Persistent Turn Based Server?

Parking Transit Benefit System?

Permanent Total Body Shimmying?

Persistent Toxic Bioaccumulative Substances?

Post Traumatic Brain Syndrome?

Problematic Toy Bull Scheisse?

:lol:

Anyway, I'm not worried about the Bills secondary this week if the Bills play like they did against the Colts. If the defense plays like they did against the Patriots, and drop Kyle Williams into coverage or have Jerry Hughes covering Jordan Cameron then it could be a long day for Buffalo.

The bigger concern is if the Miami defense stacks the box the entire game, and neither the Bills QB or OC can figure out a way to defeat it.

Post Traumatic Bills Syndrome