Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

I do not believe you. No better than Orton or Cassel and certainly no upside. He has always had a few good games, a nice streak here and there, but in the end, he always come back to level, which is mediocre.

Again, semantics. Yes he is a below average starting QB. He's probably a bottom five starting QB. But he is a top 32 QB. Do we have one of those?? And I definitely think he is better than Orton was last year and Cassel is right now. He certainly was from 2009-2012 with us. And this is the best team he's ever played on. I guess we'll see.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were arguing over the works of Jane Austin vs Clive Cussler

Apparently Ik argued that Austen's plots, though fundamentally comic, highlight the dependence of women on marriage to secure social standing and economic security.

​Geno, a staunch feminist, took umbrage to this, and the rest is history.

Edited by Fadingpain

Point of order, getting punched in that scenario is not a sucker punch. A sucker punch is tapping a guy on the shoulder and dropping him when he turns around, not when the guy is already in your face. That's just a knockout.

Agreed.

Very true, but this may actually help the jets. I think Fitz is probably better than Geno.

This. I don't understand the Fitz haters here. I wouldn't argue that Fitz is good, but I think a strong case could be made that the Jets got an upgrade. Let's see what happened last time we played geno...Bills win 38-3, Geno gets benched for Vick.

And the time before that? Geno goes 2-8 with 3 picks before getting benched for Vick, Bills win 43-23.

Anyone want to guess what happened the last time we played against Fitz?

I've gotta say, Rex is the BEST coach we have ever had. I can't imagine Marrone leaving a sleeper agent on his former team to strike. That combined with Rex's masterful manipulation of the League office, all he needs to do is get Tannehill out now and he'll guarantee 1st place in the AFCE. Tannehill must be watching his back real close.

Edited by jeremy2020

If Cassel starts, we will have started 3 Qbs that have started for 4 different teams in 3 years. I don't know why we haven't made the playoffs in 15 years. :)

This story is nuts. I always take training camp reports with a grain of salt but he apparently was playing well. This seems like some legal action might be coming.

Check that math homey. Since 2012:

Cassel, MIN, BUF, KC (3)

Orton, DAL, BUF (4)

EJ, BUF (4)

Tuel, BUF (4)

Thad, CLE, BUF (5)

Fitz, BUF, TEN, HOU, NYJ (8)

In four years, the Bills could potentially start six QB's who--counting the Bills--will have starts with eight different teams.

Someone needs to get this to the Jets message board to get them pumped up!

So c'mon Buffalo...he's ready to play!

He's got plenty of heart and refuses to shave!

Fitzy will rock one from out of the shotgun...stand up and cheer...

The Amish Rifle is here!

This. I don't understand the Fitz haters here. I wouldn't argue that Fitz is good, but I think a strong case could be made that the Jets got an upgrade. Let's see what happened last time we played geno...Bills win 38-3, Geno gets benched for Vick.

And the time before that? Geno goes 2-8 with 3 picks before getting benched for Vick, Bills win 43-23.

Anyone want to guess what happened the last time we played against Fitz?

Im no Geno fan or supporter, but to be fair, reports were (at least what I had been reading) that he was having a great camp. In fact, I think I read he hadn't even thrown an INT yet and looked poised to take a good step in his career. And further more, the Jets coaching staff felt he was the best QB thus far considering he was the unquestioned starter even though the current staff has no loyalty to him and he's never had job security prior either. Sounded like he was earning his spot atop the depth chart.

Fitz sucks. People are delusional about his time here. He literally would compile a large chunk of his stats over a 2 or 3 games (many we often still lost and were blowout losses) then literally struggle to get a single TD the rest of the year. At the end of the year, the TOTALS look decent, but his week to week actually consistency and productivity were really terrible. Not to mention, he's captain give the ball away when we had chances to win games. He was a great teammate, great attitude, but he is in no way a quality starter in this league. He's a great backup who can keep you competitive but wont win you many games and will LOSE you more games than he wins.

Case in point...his last full year here, we were 0-9 when we threw more passes than ran. We were 7-0 when we ran more than we threw the ball. That speaks monuments about how effective he is. He can not be depended on.

Check that math homey. Since 2012:

Cassel, MIN, BUF, KC (3)

Orton, DAL, BUF (4)

EJ, BUF (4)

Tuel, BUF (4)

Thad, CLE, BUF (5)

Fitz, BUF, TEN, HOU, NYJ (8)

In four years, the Bills could potentially start six QB's who--counting the Bills--will have starts with eight different teams.

I think he was saying in the past 3 years, we will have started 3 QBs who have started for 4 different teams? Cassel, Orton, Fitz?

Someone needs to get this to the Jets message board to get them pumped up!

So c'mon Buffalo...he's ready to play!

He's got plenty of heart and refuses to shave!

Fitzy will rock one from out of the shotgun...stand up and cheer...

The Amish Rifle is here!

That one has nothing on this one.

Edited by FireChan

Fitz didn't get benched because of poor play. The whole team was playing poorly and they needed a spark. Fitz had both Hopkins and Johnson as top 10 WRs at one point.

is that what they told him? They benched a QB in the middle of the season who was playing well, and put in a guy who had never played a regular season game before, to "provide a spark"? Big, if true. Edited by YoloinOhio

i mean, we are just talking a small step over orton being needed

Orton only sat the Jack Daniels bottle and cheeseburger basket down and played a season because the Bills gave him a nice chunk of change and didn't make him exercise in the heat.

Even his half-hearted effort was superior to whatever Fitzpatrick can do.

Yes he is. It may be a matter of semantics here but give me 32 QB's you'd rather have starting for you right now. Yes, he is prone to critical interceptions. So is Jay Cutler, who is also one of the best 32 QB's in football. The truth of the matter is that there are not, nor have there ever been, enough QB's for every team to have a really good one. We, as Bills fans, should be able to grasp that concept better than anyone.

AMAZING!!! I'm really high strung, I'm always swingin for the fences...

Just because there are 32 spots, doesn't mean there are actually 32 QBs that are good enough at it.

Fans reacting...

Enemkpali has been cut? I would have named him team MVP.

No jury in the tristate area would convict him.

Jets fans need to get a Kickstarter up to pay Enemkpali’s salary, plus a bounty.

If people think you can punch a Jets player every time he does something to piss you off, there’s going to be a mob of angry, violent, ignorant people milling around MetLife stadium after ever home game. Actually, never mind, that happens anyway.

This is the Jetsiest thing that could possibly happen

Again, semantics. Yes he is a below average starting QB. He's probably a bottom five starting QB. But he is a top 32 QB. Do we have one of those?? And I definitely think he is better than Orton was last year and Cassel is right now. He certainly was from 2009-2012 with us. And this is the best team he's ever played on. I guess we'll see.

Disagree strongly. Fitz threw a real nice screen pass to Spiller and Jackson. That was about it. After that Redskins game where Fletcher popped him, he went in the tank. Orton has a much better arm, and can actually throw the ball downfield. I'd rather take my chances with Cassel. Fitz is trash. Sorry.

Fitzpatrick is a PROVEN failure as a starting QB in this league.

So he had a great defense in Houston, 2 great WR, a great RB, good TE play, but NOW he has a team finally!

lol

This is going to be a lot of fun! Spoiler alert: Fitzpatrick will play poorly again. SOMEDAY he will have the SB era 49ers offense, the 85 Bears defense AND a coaching staff of Lombardi as HC, Belichick as DC, and Walsh at OC.

If you want to count Fitz you have to go all the way back to 2012.

You're right. Thad Lewis? I'm not sure who he has started for, but he's been on a million teams.

EDIT: Nope, I think he's just made starts for us and the browns

Edited by Wazzu Bill