Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.... ok

I guess it will take yet ANOTHER year of watching Fitzpatrick not be able to get it done for some to accept that he is not any good.

i don't get it either. Fitz is a great guy but he's not a starting caliber QB. And this has nothing to do with who the Bills do or do not have. It's about him.

lol.... ok

I guess it will take yet ANOTHER year of watching Fitzpatrick not be able to get it done for some to accept that he is not any good.

Who is he not any good compared to? Andrew Luck? Yes, you are correct. Dude I know exactly where he stands as an NFL QB. I wouldn't say he "wasn't able to get it done" anywhere he's been. Again, the Jets also have a top 5 defense, they have Marshall and Decker- they are actually a shockingly similar team to the Bills. Believe me when I tell you, he would be our clear cut starter right now. Believe me also when I tell you we would've made the playoffs with him last season. And I don't think he's that good.

i don't get it either. Fitz is a great guy but he's not a starting caliber QB. And this has nothing to do with who the Bills do or do not have. It's about him.

Very true, but this may actually help the jets. I think Fitz is probably better than Geno.

Yes he is. It may be a matter of semantics here but give me 32 QB's you'd rather have starting for you right now. Yes, he is prone to critical interceptions. So is Jay Cutler, who is also one of the best 32 QB's in football. The truth of the matter is that there are not, nor have there ever been, enough QB's for every team to have a really good one. We, as Bills fans, should be able to grasp that concept better than anyone.

Geno said he parked to close to his car so he busted his jaw for him.

AMAZING!!! I'm really high strung, I'm always swingin for the fences...

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Who is he not any good compared to? Andrew Luck? Yes, you are correct. Dude I know exactly where he stands as an NFL QB. I wouldn't say he "wasn't able to get it done" anywhere he's been. Again, the Jets also have a top 5 defense, they have Marshall and Decker- they are actually a shockingly similar team to the Bills. Believe me when I tell you, he would be our clear cut starter right now. Believe me also when I tell you we would've made the playoffs with him last season. And I don't think he's that good.

I used to spend a lot of time and energy arguing about Fitzpatrick but the results are in: he is awful.

He wasn't good enough for the Bengals or Rams. The Bills started him and gave up on him. The Titans had to start him due to injury and promptly gave up on him. The Texans started him and promptly gave up on him.

It's just reality. Saying we would have made the playoffs with him is odd, given that he has never led a team to a winning record.

But hey, everyone has an opinion. People used to argue about whether the Earth was flat too.

Edited by TheFunPolice

I do not believe you. No better than Orton or Cassel and certainly no upside. He has always had a few good games, a nice streak here and there, but in the end, he always come back to level, which is mediocre.

@RapSheet: Word is Geno Smith put his finger in the face of IK Enemkpalis during and argument that wasnt getting difused. Then came the punch

Point of order, getting punched in that scenario is not a sucker punch. A sucker punch is tapping a guy on the shoulder and dropping him when he turns around, not when the guy is already in your face. That's just a knockout.

Point of order, getting punched in that scenario is not a sucker punch. A sucker punch is tapping a guy on the shoulder and dropping him when he turns around, not when the guy is already in your face. That's just a knockout.

I was thinking the same thing, but I'll reserve final judgment until all the facts are in.