Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BREAKING NEWS - ( Cortland, NY - AP) - Jets coach Todd Bowles pronounced Ryan Fitzpatrick the Jets' starting QB today in the wake of the Geno Smith broken jaw incident..an incident which will most likely keep Smith out of action for 6-10 weeks. Bowles added another surprising wrinkle when speaking to reporters at a press conference at their training camp facility in Cortland, NY " After losing Geno today .. Chan Gailey and I feel the best way forward is to ground and pound to wear out opposing defenses and we want Fitzy to get as many touches as possible .. so going forward we're gonna play him as a hybrid QB/Fullback. Fitzy is a tough punishing runner and we're gonna showcase that skill set as much as we can "

http:///media/26BkMRQvER5YMDovm/giphy.gif

J-E-S-T-S training camp is in Florham Park, NJ. They moved out of Cortland this year. Edited by Nanker

The Jests are in a pickle. I'm not sure they can add another QB unless they want to keep four on their active roster for the first month of the season. They can't do anything to Geno if they want to play him in the first six games. Fitzy is their starter. They would have to cut Bryce Petty if they wanted him as the #3 on the PS and there may well be a team that would pick him up as their #3 being a fourth round draft pick with a good arm. So the extra guy would have to be four. That's tough on a 53 man roster.

Jets moved out of Cortland last year...I think they are now in Florham Park, NJ

BREAKING NEWS - ( Cortland, NY - AP) - Jets coach Todd Bowles pronounced Ryan Fitzpatrick the Jets' starting QB today in the wake of the Geno Smith broken jaw incident..an incident which will most likely keep Smith out of action for 6-10 weeks. Bowles added another surprising wrinkle when speaking to reporters at a press conference at their training camp facility in Cortland, NY " After losing Geno today .. Chan Gailey and I feel the best way forward is to ground and pound to wear out opposing defenses and we want Fitzy to get as many touches as possible .. so going forward we're gonna play him as a hybrid QB/Fullback. Fitzy is a tough punishing runner and we're gonna showcase that skill set as much as we can "

giphy.gif

Edited by The Poojer

I doubt Geno is completely innocent here. I will only feel bad for him if he was truly sucker punched (I don't think coach knows what a sucker punch is).

yeah. The coach said they were arguing over something sixth graders do. There was another report that Geno stuck his finger in IK's face while they were arguing. Not that it deserves a punch but it isn't blameless at all. In fact, it's probably the cause of the punch.

The Jests are in a pickle. I'm not sure they can add another QB unless they want to keep four on their active roster for the first month of the season. They can't do anything to Geno if they want to play him in the first six games. Fitzy is their starter. They would have to cut Bryce Petty if they wanted him as the #3 on the PS and there may well be a team that would pick him up as their #3 being a fourth round draft pick with a good arm. So the extra guy would have to be four. That's tough on a 53 man roster.

they cant even do anything if they dont want him in the first 6 at this point, since hes participated in camp, right?