Geno Smith Punched, Jaw Broken, Out 6-10 Wks

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't see a finger in the vicinity of my face as provocation?

I'm no stranger to a good scrap on the rugby field but it's always been something pretty dangerous that started those.

No youre not the only one. Im not advising putting your finger in someones face but there would have to be a lot more to it than that. Especially if I was on the fence about making an NFL team. This guy has basically ruined any real chance at an NFL career.

Its honestly kinda strange to see all of the "oh well that makes sense..." reactions to the finger in the face news.

In the Gang Green thread they are saying there are reports in the media now that Geno owed the guy money (some said 1K)

Boomer Esiason @7BOOMERESIASON 28m28 minutes ago

Bottom line if you owe somebody money pay your debt. Don't be surprised if you get punched in the face if you don't.

This is brilliant insight. Glad the overarching point isnt lost on Boomer

Edited by jletha

Geno has made just over $3m in cash thus far (Spotrac numbers). Why is he borrowing cash from a 6th rounder?

id assume locker room gambling/betting....

which if it was..... depending on what was in place, could actually blow up into something bigger for the jets

Edited by NoSaint

Bowles just said Geno doesn't automatically get his job back when he returns. If Fitz is playing well he stays. What are the chances? He definitely has better weapons than he did with the Bills for the most part.

True, but only because Donald Jones (who I'm thoroughly pleased to hear is making a timely recovery from his life-threatening illness) single-handedly disrupted the curve in the Jets' favor.