Which Statistical areas on offense need improvement?

The Buffalo Bills 2014 season was underwhelming to say the least, after fans were sold on former head coach Doug Marrones offensive line expertise, the addition of Sammy Watkins and the projected development of quarterback EJ Manuel. On defense, the team was utterly dominant, finishing at, or near the top in nearly every statistical category across the board.

http://billsmafia.com/2015/06/24/which-statistical-areas-on-offense-do-the-buffalo-bills-need-to-improve-on-in-2015-nfl-season/

Don't mean to sound fecitious, but simply put, Red Zone scoring. Even with Hacketts game plans and injuries to RB & WR, we could still motor well 'tween the 20's. Unfortunately, Carpenter then became our biggest weapon.

I certainly expect better performance here this season!

Don't mean to sound fecitious, but simply put, Red Zone scoring. Even with Hacketts game plans and injuries to RB & WR, we could still motor well 'tween the 20's. Unfortunately, Carpenter then became our biggest weapon.

Yep, and this takes either a dominant OL to enforce their will in the run game or a QB who is quick/accurate on his reads/passes. I'm not sure we have either of those things. Hopefully Roman can scheme to eliminate the team's weaknesses but a coach can only do so much.

I agree that has been out biggest liability.

Assuming we improve on this metric, I would say improving Yards Per Carry is second most important because improvement will help shorten the game and keep giving our defense rest.

Good topic

Edited by YattaOkasan

I do believe this coaching staff will get more out of this offensive line.Guys like KUJO will make huge strides.I tend to think this because even solid players like Cordy Glen and Eric wood looked like crap under st.dougs regime.They had trouble picking up stunts and other technical flaws.I feel this is more coaching and mental thierfore correctable.I believe this will improve the run game and QB play as well.The fact that we ranked 4th in defence is really amaizing concidering how much time the spent on the field bailing out the offence.Think about how good this defense would be playing on rest after after most offesive series and having one of the greatest defensive minds in the game...

everything?

with CJ and Fred, arguably one of the top RB duo's in the league, we were one of the worst in the league in rushing. if you can run the ball then you can control the clock and move the sticks and win games. in the passing game I want to see EFFICIENCY. high percentage throws, high completion percentage, high 3rd down conversion rate, low turnovers.

we don't need to have an offense that racks up points and breaks records like the 90's Bills teams. we just need an offense that can control the clock and efficiently move the ball down the field

More points per game, and it doesn't matter how they get'em.

O: two years under Marrone = 21 ppg. Defense went from 24 ppg under Pettine to 18 under Schwartz, record went from 6-10 to 9-7.

Offense needs to average 24 and D stays same or better = playoffs.

More points per game, and it doesn't matter how they get'em.

O: two years under Marrone = 21 ppg. Defense went from 24 ppg under Pettine to 18 under Schwartz, record went from 6-10 to 9-7.

Offense needs to average 24 and D stays same or better = playoffs.

24 ppg would have made them the 12th highest scoring team in the league last year. With the fire power we have on offense defense, we won't need that level of production.

Edited by The Big Cat

To me any analysis of last year's statistics is meaningless.

Our OC is different. Our entire offensive coaching staff is different. Our offensive scheme is different. Our QB will be different. Our lead RB will be different. Our TE is different. Our OL and WR corps have changes.

Looking at last year's stats to figure out where to focus this year is football archaeology. It's like digging up ancient ruins in Egypt to figure out Cairo's plan for improving it's economy this year. It's just not relevant anymore.

Which Statistical areas on offense need improvement?

The one that shows the Bills with more points scored than the opponent.

Oddly enough, we were pretty good in that area last year. Our net differential was +54 and was better than Detroit, Arizona and Cincinnati- all of whom finished 1 to 2 winss ahead of us.

Its not statistical per say.

But i sure would LOVE for the O line to be able to move the line of scrimmage forward two yards. at will.

I just cant recall them impose their will. for years i mean.

some folks like the highlight reels and big plays.

For awhile now i just watch that o line as long as i can to see what the heck they are trying to do. and then if they succeed I was a big fan of The Marrone because of that. i thought he was going to grind the trenches. well that didn't work out so well did it?

so this year i am hopeful the line shows some cohesiveness , coinciding with continuity and exude confidence for christmas sake!

I might guess that would affect quite a few nice overall team statistics after a seasons time.

f*cking gerrymandering

what the hell did you call him? and it sounds gross. But to each their own. if you and gerry M got a thing well who am i to critique? just dont post pictures

wow thats a bit frightening when you sling the political terms around John ! bad day at the Capitol again?

24 ppg would have made them the 12th highest scoring team in the league last year. With the fire power we have on offense defense, we won't need that level of production.

Given the new weapons and better scheme, generating another 48 points on the season is not unreasonable. Better coaching and some additions made a huge improvement on D last year, and I fully expect a good jump with the O.

Of the 8 teams that made the divisional championships, the 4 teams in the AFC were the top 4 teams in point differential:

Pats = 9.6

Den = 8

Balt = 6.7

Colts = 5.5

In the NFC, 3 of 4 had the top point differentials, and the 4th, CAR, had a -2, and beat QB-less AZ (+1.3).

SEA = 8.7

GBP = 8.6

DAL = 7.2

If the Bills can get to 24 on O and stay at 18 or lower on D, it's going to be a good season.

Yards per play is the most important statistic to keep track of to determine how successful an offense is, IMO. So I'll be keeping a close eye on the Buffalo Bills offensive yards per play.

Last year the Bills ranked 27th in the league at 5.0 yards per play. For comparisons sake the worst team was the Raiders at 4.5 yards/play and the best was the Packers at 6.2 yards/play. I think is the Bills can be a "middle of the pack" type of offense they can be a playoff team.....and last year middle of the pack was in the 5.3-5.4 yards/play. So I'm hoping the Bills can stay north of 5.4 yards per play.

It's a number that I hope they can reach, but don't think they'll be able to achieve due to their horrendous QB's (to be quite honest).