Could Cordy Glenn really start off season on 2nd string?

Sure you do... in the NBA.

I'd love to see a 6-8 lineman try to guard an NBA PG. Can you see Cordy Glenn closing out on Steph Curry as he sidesteps and launches a corner three? I can just imagine the aftermath on the sideline. It would redefine the experience of front row seating!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about competition with this staff. They are a long way from determining a starting 5. BTW, this was something missing from the Marrone regime. You were either on the inside looking out or the outside looking in. A big problem when you are developing and attempting to improve players. They need to believe they have a chance, and it makes everyone better.

Both Roman and Rex have said you can't really tell much of anything that really matters until they get pads on. It's great that both of them are looking good. Remember how good Henderson looked even in preseason games last year at LT? And then got killed in the regular season. Both Kujo and Henderson are big athletic guys. If they are in good shape and determined to do well and got their heads in the new playbook and picked up the new techniques quickly, they will be singled out for doing well. But it's still not really blocking NFL starters.

Both Roman and Rex have said you can't really tell much of anything that really matters until they get pads on. It's great that both of them are looking good. Remember how good Henderson looked even in preseason games last year at LT? And then got killed in the regular season. Both Kujo and Henderson are big athletic guys. If they are in good shape and determined to do well and got their heads in the new playbook and picked up the new techniques quickly, they will be singled out for doing well. But it's still not really blocking NFL starters.

:thumbsup: Glenn is a proven commodity. He had a bit of a down year last season compared to the previous, but he is still a very good LT. To move him to the bench would be flat out stupid as he is our best OL'man. Don't see it happening. I hope we can get him signed to an extension also, but we will have to work some things out with the cap first.

If Kojo pans out (which so far, things are looking much better than last year), then I suspect Henderson may end up at guard. That would be one big bad o-line.

Nobody that talk is playing Guard.

If Kojo pans out (which so far, things are looking much better than last year), then I suspect Henderson may end up at guard. That would be one big bad o-line.

Nobody that tall is playing Guard. Pears?

I'm thinking they're getting Seantrel ready to be a swing tackle. Maybe Glenn and Henderson start but if one of them gets hurt Kujo comes in as RT and the other plays LT. Plus if we're not able to sign Glenn we have someone who can step in the following year.

I also thought it was interesting that Marrone thought "Henderson consistently performed the best of all of the teams offensive linemen last season.". I don't remember that being talked about here, didn't PFF rate him pretty low?

Last year they were putting an extra TE beside Henderson because he couldn't do it on his own.

Wood could be the odd man out.

Kujo - Miller - Incognito - Glenn - Henderson

Kouandjio is not nor ever will be a LT in the NFL. No matter how much work does in the off-season, it won't remove the fact he's not agile enough to handle the quicker pass rushers.

As to Cordy, well, it's a contract year. If anyone thinks that doesn't factor so much into personnel decisions, think again. It could also be this staff's attempt to motivate him.

At this point, everything is conjecture and symbolism over substance.

Disregarding the Glenn angle, it would be fantastic if it turns out that both Henderson and CK become top NFL talents this season. More likely however, the Bills and Roman "loving what they are seeing" translates to "They are not going to be busts! They should contribute in a positive way this season."

Totally agree with this. Kujo has a shot on the right side and Henderson can come in as a swing tackle without a huge drop-off.

Someone mentioned it up thread but we don't really have a blocking TE. Roman has been known to use unbalanced lines and extra OTs lined up as TEs in running formations. The swing tackle is going to get some decent playing time I think even without injury. Plus in order for Glenn or either of the other two to be made OG, we would have to sign a veteran OT who was good enough to come in and play right away. We only have three legitimate OT candidates on the entire team right now.

Not sure this had been mentioned, as I only read about 1/2 of this thread, I'm sorry if it has...

Moving Glenn to guard would significantly decrease our chances of re-signing him. He's played at an acceptable level for years at LT, and when his contract is up, will command LT money. Moving him inside would hit his salary (I believe) about $4M per year... While that would be great for us, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for him, and he would most likely walk and sign with a team willing to pay him the LT money to play LT- and you know we aren't going to give him LT money to play G...

Not sure this had been mentioned, as I only read about 1/2 of this thread, I'm sorry if it has...

Moving Glenn to guard would significantly decrease our chances of re-signing him. He's played at an acceptable level for years at LT, and when his contract is up, will command LT money. Moving him inside would hit his salary (I believe) about $4M per year... While that would be great for us, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for him, and he would most likely walk and sign with a team willing to pay him the LT money to play LT- and you know we aren't going to give him LT money to play G...

I've mentioned a few times (not necessarily in this thread) that the only way to get it done (if they want to move him to OG) would be to sign him to an extension now, then move him.

Expect Glenn to move to OG if Henderson and Kouandjio prove to be worthy OTs. It is GREAT NEWS to hear that the new coaching staff believes enough in both Henderson and Kouandjio to make them the starting LT and RT respectively.

When Glenn was drafted many scouts thought he was best suited to play OG. Both H & K are more athletic than he is.

The bottom line is that our O-line will be greatly improved if we can afford to put Glenn at OG.

The possible starting O-line for the "Ground and Pound" Bills:

Henderson/Incognito/Wood/Glenn/Kouandjio

Henderson/Miller/Wood/Glenn/Kouandjio

Henderson/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Glenn.

I think Kromer is serious about moving Henderson to LT because of his excellent size, reach, and athleticism. Wood will be the OC.

I expect Glenn, Incognito, Miller, Kouandjio to fight for the other three spots. Urbik will be the backup OC (and a backup OG). Richardson and T. Chandler will likely fill spots 8 ad 9 on the O-line.

Yes, he played center for his final 2 years at Nebraska.

Thanks. Should have looked that up before posting - my bad. Still does not seem likely, though. I think it is more likely they are trying to find out if Henderson can play the left side in case Glenn goes down. He is a probably a better candidate for swing tackle given his starting experience at RT last year. They need to coach somebody up for that role.

Expect Glenn to move to OG if Henderson and Kouandjio prove to be worthy OTs. It is GREAT NEWS to hear that the new coaching staff believes enough in both Henderson and Kouandjio to make them the starting LT and RT respectively.

When Glenn was drafted many scouts thought he was best suited to play OG. Both H & K are more athletic than he is.

The bottom line is that our O-line will be greatly improved if we can afford to put Glenn at OG.

The possible starting O-line for the "Ground and Pound" Bills:

Henderson/Incognito/Wood/Glenn/Kouandjio

Henderson/Miller/Wood/Glenn/Kouandjio

Henderson/Incognito/Wood/Miller/Glenn.

I think Kromer is serious about moving Henderson to LT because of his excellent size, reach, and athleticism. Wood will be the OC.

I expect Glenn, Incognito, Miller, Kouandjio to fight for the other three spots. Urbik will be the backup OC (and a backup OG). Richardson and T. Chandler will likely fill spots 8 ad 9 on the O-line.

To me this makes zero sense

- Glenn has been a worthy LT....last year everyone played horrible.....prior to that Glenn has been considered a gem at LT...WHY CHANGE THAT

- Who rides the bench in that situation....John Miller....the coaches appear to LOVE John Miller

IMO......the real battle is between Henderson and Kujo at RT.......if Kujo starts playing like was SUPPOSED to then that would unseat Henderson making him the swing OT.

John Miller and Cog should be the guards

These are 'rich people problems' if true. By this i mean, Miller is as good as billed. CK is ready to go. Henderson has taken a step up from his rookie year.

I fully expect Cordy and Wood to be starting. Those are proven guys who will help you win games.

I think Glenn/Miller/Woods/Cog/Henderson are the starters. CK is the back up right tackle. Henderson can move to LT if need be(injury).

You don't see too many 6'8" guards out there, do you?

Not many. But 49ers had one the last few years in Alex Boone. 6'8 300

Most teams had Glenn has a G coming out of college. Maybe new staff feels that is his best position. Or that he lacks athleticism to play LT in this blocking scheme.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/6/3/8718047/could-henderson-kouandjio-be-opening-day-starters

Vic Carcucci of The Buffalo News thinks the Bills and Greg Roman love what they are seeing from Seantrel Henderson at left tackle and Cyrus Kouandjio at right tackle.

probably move him to guard if need be but he is starting

You don't see too many 6'8" guards out there, do you?

Alex Boone 6'8" 300 SF 49s

Eric Pears??? And that is how you go from being a 9-7 head coach to coaching the Jacksonville oline.

:lol:

:(

IF WE MOVE HIM TO GUARD WE WILL LOSE HIM IN FREE AGENCY

What sense does that make?

I wouldn't move him to guard just making a hypothetical.

Read the title......Carucci thinks.....off-season speculation because these guys have nothing to write about and fans are dying for any info on the team

Somebody says that Vic says the Bills like a couple of young lineman.

And from that we get to Cordy will be demoted to 2nd string.

Sounds like the telephone game.

Edited by hondo in seattle