Could Cordy Glenn really start off season on 2nd string?

EJ Manuel might be traded or cut.

Cordy Glenn might become a back up.

Anyone see a pattern of bs here from Carucci? Is he really this gullible, or is he knowing being used like a tool.

I'm not sure I like the "new" Vic -- seems as though he is grasping at some pretty out-of-the-box ideas. Maybe he's being fed bad info, maybe he's just trying to write something different during the offseason. Definitely odd, though.

And hey, if any of this stuff comes to fruition, I'll be the first to give him credit.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ Manuel might be traded or cut.

Cordy Glenn might become a back up.

Anyone see a pattern of bs here from Carucci? Is he really this gullible, or is he knowing being used like a tool.

That's the one thing I didn't cover - Vic looking for clicks.

I am at a loss to explain this. Motivation? Either Glenn is loafing and this is a message to him (which doesn't jibe with him coming in in such great shape) or they're trying to build up Henderson and/or Koujo (which makes more sense). I can't believe they're talking like this trying to dangle anyone on the trade block. They don't have the depth. My money is on confidence boosting. Light a fire under Henderson and Koujo and see if one really grabs that RT job. We really need one to step up there.

Read the title......Carucci thinks.....off-season speculation because these guys have nothing to write about and fans are dying for any info on the team

Read this story this morning and had the same reaction; I don't think so..

IF it ends up we struck gold w/ Hendy & Kujo last year, Glenn will still start somewhere. No matter how impressed they are with rookie Miller, Cordy is better. Maybe he could go incognito for Incognito.. I love Woods, but he's not irreplaceable..

That's the one thing I didn't cover - Vic looking for clicks.

Or it could be a quid pro quo. Bills give him premo stuff during the season in exchange for him being used as a motivational tool for the Bills players that they need answers on this season.

If the Bills are doing this then I think they should stop it. They have a lot of good will now and it seems like NFL players want to play here. Why mess with that? It's either true or it's not true, and if it's not true then the obvious reason is for motivational purposes.

Also, I think too many folks are assuming Incognito starts. He wasn't great before the suspension a year and a half ago. He's the favorite but I don't think it's a slam dunk.

this.

So good to see cyrus stepping up. This team will go as far as this o line takes us.

Or it could be a quid pro quo. Bills give him premo stuff during the season in exchange for him being used as a motivational tool for the Bills players that they need answers on this season.

If the Bills are doing this then I think they should stop it. They have a lot of good will now and it seems like NFL players want to play here. Why mess with that? It's either true or it's not true, and if it's not true then the obvious reason is for motivational purposes.

I think the odds that is happening are slim. Too risky; and besides, do we really think players are motivated by what beat reporters write?

And if they move Glenn to G, he's gone. That move would cost him a ton of money and some team will pay him LT money. He was a borderline pro bowl LT BM (Before Marrone).

I don't trust Marrone's opinion on anything (not that I regard PFF's that highly either). My thoughts on Henderson was he was good for a 7th round rookie RT but has a long way to go before I would trust him at LT.

Agree on all counts

I really don't see it. I really don't.

Look, if Henderson and Cyrus really make abundant leaps and bounds this season, that would be great. In fact, considering some of the overloaded and unbalanced line formations Roman has run previously (shifting the LT to the right side with an extra swing tackle) it would be a great thing. It would be great if Kromer looks at those guys and says "well, if we are forced into a bidding war with Cordy next year it'll be the next man up." It would be great to have some backup plan in case, knock on wood, Cordy gets hurt.

But Glenn is a great player. I fully expect him to be our starting LT.

this.

So good to see cyrus stepping up. This team will go as far as this o line takes us.

There is no way to know this....these aren't full practices or game like situations. These are basically individual drills and walk throughs

Can't we link directly to the Buffalo News instead of the obvious click bait that is the first post in this thread? I don't want to be used by other websites trying to attach themselves to other's work in hopes of generating views.

But anyway, what's the deal with Kouandjio? Vic's column mostly brushes over him. Has there been much chatter about him so far? I haven't really been following too closely this offseason.

I really don't see it. I really don't.

Look, if Henderson and Cyrus really make abundant leaps and bounds this season, that would be great. In fact, considering some of the overloaded and unbalanced line formations Roman has run previously (shifting the LT to the right side with an extra swing tackle) it would be a great thing. It would be great if Kromer looks at those guys and says "well, if we are forced into a bidding war with Cordy next year it'll be the next man up." It would be great to have some backup plan in case, knock on wood, Cordy gets hurt.

But Glenn is a great player. I fully expect him to be our starting LT.

Ditto.

Apparently Kujo's offseason work is showing in OTAs and this can only be good for us. From what it sounds like, Miller is picking things up quickly and may be expected to contribute next year. This being said, I don't believe Miller makes the first team (at least to start the season) just for experience reasons. I could see some combo of Henderson/Glenn/Kujo/Incognito/Woods as the set base with a couple added players who can contribute during offset schemes and with subs/injuries. All in all, a good place to be from the sound of things.