Eagles searching for trade parter for G. Evan Mathis

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give them Goodwin. Chip likes fast guys. Nobody faster

He also seems to have a penchant for players who appear injury prone. If Goodwin was from Orego, Kelly likely wouldn't be able to resist the trade.

Mathis is zone blocking guard that would not fit at all in our power scheme. He's under 300 lbs and relies on his athleticism at his advanced age. Pass

Power scheme doesnt really mean just big guys. He would be great, and Roman loves athletic guys who can pull for sweeps and screens.

I wouldn't trade Woods for Mathis but if they are planning on cutting Mathis, I would trade Hogan for him. Chip might be able to do something with Hogan as a 3 or 4. We would save a little money on Hogan so we can afford Mathis, and it would be much better to trade for him than to try to sign him as a FA.

Plus, Hogan is white.

:bag:

We do not have cap room for him, this is a no go

We can get 5m if we want it, which is around what his contract calls for this season if we got him in a trade. I doubt we want to spend 7-8 or sign him to a big long term contract if he gets cut and there is a mini bidding war for him.

Mathis is zone blocking guard that would not fit at all in our power scheme. He's under 300 lbs and relies on his athleticism at his advanced age. Pass

Finally... Someone making sense...Our oline concept is totally different than the crap we did last year. We will see

marked improvement with the same players I bet..

We can get 5m if we want it, which is around what his contract calls for this season if we got him in a trade. I doubt we want to spend 7-8 or sign him to a big long term contract if he gets cut and there is a mini bidding war for him.

Agreed. The money is tight, but it's not impossible. It's a little frustrating to leave this opportunity to significantly upgrade the OL just laying there.

Trade a pick or a WR (the one area we're deep enough to trade from), cut the redundant Chris Williams, and restructure if necessary. Then you're not rolling the dice on a 2nd Round rookie being able to be a solid day 1 starter.

• 4 weeks later...

He has quite the personality - his reason for not going to voluntary workouts:

@Jeff_McLane: Mathis: "I'm in Antarctica looking for frozen dinosaurs to extract their DNA and splice them with my chihuahuasaur." http://t.co/5viF9YOWl9

thats pretty damn funny part deux

Edited by ddaryl

@Jeff_McLane: Mathis: "I'm in Antarctica looking for frozen dinosaurs to extract their DNA and splice them with my chihuahuasaur." http://t.co/5viF9YOWl9

Man, this guy has got to be fun as hell to hang out with. What is taking Doug so long to complete a trade for him? We gotta get him in a Bill's uniform asap.

Imo

Man, this guy has got to be fun as hell to hang out with. What is taking Doug so long to complete a trade for him? We gotta get him in a Bill's uniform asap.

Imo

I think we ran out of Ducks.

Any truth to the rumor Mike Tyson funded the expedition so he could add to his menagerie?