Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

Does anyone know if Jermichael Finley still wants to try playing?

I don't think so. If I remember correctly, he went ahead with filing an insurance claim for his injury. If he was awarded the money - something like $10 million - he couldn't play another snap.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you guys watch the Fx sitcom "The League"? There was a great episode where they had both Jordan Cameron and Cameron Jordan and they told the character Ruskin to tell them which was which.

My friend is good buddies with Steve Jordan who was a great TE and Cameron Jordan's dad. Steve Jordan is like a dad to Jordan Cameron too and Jordan Cameron even lived with Cameron Jordan for awhile. They are really close.

Fingers crossed. Damn I have been at the edge of my seat the past 4 days! My dream offseason will be complete if we sign clay and trade for Mathis. If that is the case, this team has no holes. One of the qbs will step up with all those weapons. It is a great day to be a bills fan!

My friend is good buddies with Steve Jordan who was a great TE and Cameron Jordan's dad. Steve Jordan is like a dad to Jordan Cameron too and Jordan Cameron even lived with Cameron Jordan for awhile. They are really close.

my brain just exploded

For Miami to sign him long term, they have to take the transition tag off Clay, making him a UFA. Wonder if Bills swoop in with a huge deal at that point.

do they? I thought they could extend him while under the tag? Or does he need to sign it for that to happen?

For Miami to sign him long term, they have to take the transition tag off Clay, making him a UFA. Wonder if Bills swoop in with a huge deal at that point.

That's not true at all. They can negotiate with him until July 15th. At that time he plays out the year under the transition tag (unless another team makes an offer they refuse to match).

Looks like the Mike Wallace trade just finished off the Bills chances in the Clay-mation Derby.

He seems like a good player, but 7 million dollars for a TE like that?! Yeesh.

Phins save 3.3 million with Wallace gone. 6.6 million is dead money. Don't know how much was saved trading Ellerbe...

Seems like Miami has "won" this battle. I'd take a look at Gresham, see if he can be coached up on ball security. We can't go into the season with Fasano and Gragg/Gray.

i agree they should bring in Gresham. He's an upgrade over smith and chandler. Fasano signed with the Titans today. The draft a TE in 2nd or 3rd. Edited by YoloinOhio

Seems like Miami has "won" this battle. I'd take a look at Gresham, see if he can be coached up on ball security. We can't go into the season with Fasano and Gragg/Gray.

Just because they have more space today doesmt mean that they will match any and all offers

Just because they have more space today doesmt mean that they will match any and all offers

i think I saw someone post they only had around 36 signed players on the roster. The Bills have 67 or 68. They need to fill out their roster still. Maybe it won't matter but that's a huge difference.

Especially considering both Cameron and Clay have been prone to injury.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i agree they should bring in Gresham. He's an upgrade over smith and chandler. Fasano signed with the Titans today. The draft a TE in 2nd or 3rd.

Well ****, I thought we signed him :lol:

I think the world of instant media makes FA more confusing.

So is this what's happening:

Miami is clearly working out with Clay what a long term deal will be.

They know from Clays people what the Bills offer is.

If Miami can't come close to that, there still could be a chance he signs our offer (if we submit) being good with coming here, or Miami matching it.

And, couldn't his people go to Buffalo and say this is what they offered us---will you go beyond that?

Edited by Big Blitz

I just have a hard time believing they are going to pay two TEs 7m/yr+ each. Even with these two TE sets that the national nfl writers are gushing about. Just like Gronk and Hernandez! Uhhhh

They still need two starting guards, another running back, a starting safety, a starting cb and a starting LB.

But whatev.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I just have a hard time believing they are going to pay two TEs 7m/yr+ each. Even with these two TE sets that the national nfl writers are gushing about. Just like Gronk and Hernandez! Uhhhh

They still need two starting guards, another running back, a starting safety, a starting cb and a starting LB.

But whatev.

It's only for one year though.

But whatev.

This a great point...both teams are most likely screwing with each other a bit. I really don't want us to overpay for this guy to an extent that if he sucks we have a bunch of dead $...

On the other hand, I would love for us to screw the Phins and their cap...

I think the Bills played Miami on this. Some people said Harvin was the smoke screen. Looks like it was Clay. Miami made a bunch of wonky moves to match a contract. Looks like the transition will be enough. Ha.

I voted yes by Saturday but I'm leaning toward the draft and Mycole Pruitt:

Roman loves/needs the move TE (not my quote)

Here are Pruitt's measurables vs Clay (as I'm getting sick of waiting for him even though we haven't even offered a contract)

6ft 2 VS 6ft 3

2.51 VS 2.45 lbs

4.58 VS 4.70 40 yard dash

5.24 VS 4.76 NFL.com combine draft grade

Both Small Schools:

SIU VS Tulsa

Blocking

Clay>Pruitt (but how much blocking does a move TE do?)

Cap Savings for Pruit vs $7+ Million per for Clay

He is Mayock's 3rd rated TE

Thoughts on Pruitt's Draft round? 4th, 5th or 6th?

I Believe Clay was 6th rounder

Anyone see him play?

Thanks

Scott

Edited by qwksilver