Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Kiko was overrated in his one season with us . We did not miss him this past season .

LeSean McCoy is a star RB. Probably one of the best open field runners right now. So if trade pushes through , this should be a big win assuming we can open up running lanes .

That logic to justify this trade is laughable.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have pretty much hated all the moves the Bills have made since Marone left. I had not much use for Maron, but I hated the Rex hire. Hate this trade. Right now I am in "show me" mode. I have been a ver patient fan but I have no belief in this team right now.

Edited by Dr. K

@YardsPerPass: A couple people asked why Kiko is bad fit w/ Rex... Kiko best as run and chase guy and not having to take on blocks. 4-3 WLB

What linebacker wouldn't be great if they didn't have to take on blocks? Why do people think outside linebackers don't get blocked.?

I have pretty much hated all the moves the Bills have made since Marone left. Hated the Rex hire. Hate this trade. Right now I am in "show me" mode. I have been a ver patient fan but I have no belief in this team right now.

You've lost belief now? Months after a season where we were talking Wild Card in December, with a crazy good defense, and we just added one of the top 3 RBs in the league? Interesting time to lose hope, to say the least.

Ingram is not anywhere near the class of McCoy

If McCoy at 26 is over the hill after 6 years in the league what is Gore?

Ajayi? A 3rd round prospect?! A guy who has just as much chance at success as washing out of the league?

It is clear from your posts that you love Kiko. Think about the trade this way. The Bills traded a maybe star with 2 knee injuries in 4 years for a definite star that will touch the ball 20-30 times a game. I don't know about you but I'll trade a maybe for a definite every time.

I do. i do love Kiko. i admit it now.

It was the campbells commercials.

everything in the NFL is a maybe. its all risk assessment

Edited by 3rdand12

Ugh, rb's are a dime a dozen in the draft. Kiko is a generational talent.

with all due respect, based on what complete body of work? Dude played like he was shot out of a cannon for the first half (or less) of the 2013 season, then dropped off considerably.

Doesn't equate to a generational talent in my book....

Realistically, probably not. LK is bigger, faster, stronger and more explosive.... And every bit as instinctive if not more. And healthy.

One season in the NFL for him.

but its a fair argument N S on your part. Luke was on my board and Alonso was not

C'mon we gotta stick together. Its our Bills. still after all these years we find a way : )

Love the Bills for 25+ now. I like Whaley. I haven't however liked EVERY move he's made. Hated the Chris Williams signing. Don't like this one either. Maybe the medical staff sees something we don't, but I can't see trading a young beast LB for a RB with a huge cap number with alot of tread on his tires

Edited by H2o

Those who hate the trade and feel like they want to stop supporting the Bills, here are two suggestions for you

• Send in a job application for Whaley's job since you, behind a computer, can do it better.
  • IF you are really done, the Patriots need more bandwagon jumpers. Go support them!
For the rest of you, let's see how it pans out. I see the merit in the trade as McCoy is a top flight RB in the prime of his career, he can play in cold weather and this team needs some damn star power.

Now, resign Hughes and Spikes. . .try to get Revis for a two year deal (if possible) to lock down the secondary completely and draft a guard 2nd round that is ready to go this year!

It might help if they filled that little hole at QB might

Hopeful i think i should end my tantrum about now.

Bills dont have a line to run behind yet. And the Draft offered some workhorses to fit in with Bryce Boobie and Fred.

Thats not where i would have spent money.

I might be making an offer to Clay before i even thought about this move.

I think you should end your tantrum.

There are teams with strong QB, QB who give DC's grey hairs, who can maintain a great running game with a workhorse back. Stafford. Rodgers. Brady.

Then there are teams whose strategy is still "our star RB, and whoever hands the ball off to him". Seattle during Wilson's rookie year. Houston. And yeah, SF tended that way with Smith under center.

FA isn't open yet. I think this says they don't have a great solution at QB in their sights, they intend to go all in for a strong line and a star RB that will maximize the potential of whoever they manage to scare out of the bushes (or EJ). And I think they may have liked McCown enough - maybe thought they could reproduce his year in Chicago - that they might have gone in a different direction. But he didn't sign here. So..... next plan

My one fear is that McCoy and his agent get stupid about this. Time for a sales pitch. Whaley is a Pennsylvania boy, Rex is charming, Mario likes B'lo now. Book the table at Tempo.

Edited by Hopeful

A couple of things. I hope the Bills made sure that McCoy would be good with the trade and that he would be willing to restructure before making the trade. If not, the incompetence of the front office continues.

Seriously you hope it falls flat? I will never understand a fan like this. I don't care if it is the dumbest move in the world. I am ALWAYS hoping it works out for the Bills.

No smart guy, I mean I hope it falls flat and the trade doesn't happen. Not that McCoy comes here and sucks.

A couple of things. I hope the Bills made sure that McCoy would be good with the trade and that he would be willing to restructure before making the trade. If not, the incompetence of the front office continues.

I get that its a long thread, but it would be nice if any Bills "fans" could do a little reading before bashing the team/FO.

Its already been reported that McCoy wants an extension, and the Bills want to restructure. A new deal will get done. Good lord.

I get that its a long thread, but it would be nice if any Bills "fans" could do a little reading before bashing the team/FO.

Its already been reported that McCoy wants an extension, and the Bills want to restructure. A new deal will get done. Good lord.

Why the scare quotes around fans? Jahnyc is a longtime poster and a good fan.

For those talking cap hit, do you REALY TRULY believe our front office didn't consider that? Honestly, with the ability to restructure, salary cap hits are almost moot.

Come on, you're making sense. Can't do that here.

You know.....the more people like you talk the more I am for this trade

I am not a fan of the trade I will admit but I love the team and the only thing I can do is roll with it. The need to put some serious dough into the offensive line. As for listening to "people like me talk" I understand your love for the team but if you get offended by when someone criticizes a Bills trade, I think that shows your love for the team is skewing your opinion.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sl146j

@josinaanderson

"A source close to McCoy on whether they believe McCoy will make a trade to Buffalo difficult, in light of McCoys initial reaction to the news: "It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. In your mind, when you think of Buffalo you think of cold and losing games. Its not like its the Philadelphia market where youre always on t.v. and youre playing for the division titleIt was unexpected. I'll tell you that much."

More:

"A source close to LeSean McCoy on how the #Eagles RB feels about news of an agreement to trade him to Buffalo: "Hes a Pennsylvania kid. Hes never played football outside of Pennsylvaniahigh school, college, pro. So of course he's not happy. Sounds like its pretty final to me unless LeSean is refusing to go to Buffalo."

I wouldn't worry about that so much. He pretty much has to play given that he has maybe 3 good years left in him given his age. He'll show up and play especially given that he has a very generous contract. He may not be a happy camper now for all i know, but he'll play.

The way your first post reads, it really sounds like you want the Bills to fail. I thought thats what you meant too.

Sorry, should have been more clear as to what I was trying to say. My apologies. ;)

with all due respect, based on what complete body of work? Dude played like he was shot out of a cannon for the first half (or less) of the 2013 season, then dropped off considerably.

Doesn't equate to a generational talent in my book....

Let me ask this> did you ever notice how quickly Alonso moved to the play? almost before the snap. Very instinctive Kid. He was never going to shed/stack guards or centers. he would be best with running room. which is why they played him a step deeper from scrimmage

Let me ask this> did you ever notice how quickly Alonso moved to the play? almost before the snap. Very instinctive Kid. He was never going to shed/stack guards or centers. he would be best with running room. which is why they played him a step deeper from scrimmage

did you notice how often he was out of position, how often he was manhandled by blockers, how he had all his sacks, INT's , FF in the first 4 games and nothing after that. How our run defense was awful until someone replaced him.....

I think you should end your tantrum.

There are teams with strong QB, QB who give DC's grey hairs, who can maintain a great running game with a workhorse back. Stafford. Rodgers. Brady.

Then there are teams whose strategy is still "our star RB, and whoever hands the ball off to him". Seattle during Wilson's rookie year. Houston. And yeah, SF tended that way with Smith under center.

FA isn't open yet. I think this says they don't have a great solution at QB in their sights, they intend to go all in for a strong line and a star RB that will maximize the potential of whoever they manage to scare out of the bushes (or EJ). And I think they may have liked McCown enough - maybe thought they could reproduce his year in Chicago - that they might have gone in a different direction. But he didn't sign here. So..... next plan

My one fear is that McCoy and his agent get stupid about this. Time for a sales pitch. Whaley is a Pennsylvania boy, Rex is charming, Mario likes B'lo now. Book the table at Tempo.

alright Brother.

But i might stew awhile.

This trade shows who is in charge in Buffalo, and it ain't Whaley. This is ALL Rex Ryan. Whaley is not trading his best draft pick (based on draft slot) for a RB.

1) Whaley does not have the sort of outsized ego that would prevent him from improving his team by refusing to move a player just because it was his draft pick

2) Do you have any idea exactly how long Doug has known LeSean McCoy?

3) No matter how many times you try to put it on Rex, it will never become any truer.

I don't think either team "lost" the deal. They both will probably be a little better for it over the next 3-4 years and by then both guys will be held together with too much duct tape and bailing wire to be impact players. The Bills get significantly better in an area of need and only give up a LB in the middle of a deep rotation. No worries.