New England Patriots caught deflating game balls

FireChan

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ground up and in the freezer!

Weighed it? What could they have done to it?
Deflating the ball is an advantage to the ball handlers (hehe) particularly in poor weather

@bkravitz: Told if a league investigation confirms deflated footballs it will result in lost draft picks. Stay tuned.

Edited by FluffHead

At the start of the second half there was a delay after Indy kicked off to New England. The refs switched a ball out and then went on with the game. That had to be it. Phil Simms stated he thought there was still a kicking ball on the field and that was the delay, but he was clueless. It makes sense as the heavy precipitation was coming in in the second half and the pats could have deflated the ball at halftime.

wouldnt colts and pats use the same balls?

High school/college/NFL each team brings their own game balls that they use when on offense. The balls are switched out after change of possession. Refs always check the footballs pre game to make sure they are properly inflated and not altered or scuffed up

If true Belichick should receive a Sean Payton type suspension.

I'd agree with that too. It isn't so much that it helped the Pats win. It didn't, it's an integrity issue.

Billy will get somebody to fall on the sword for him.

USC got in trouble for doing this in 2012: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/usc-fined-deflating-footballs-oregon-student-manager_n_2091987.html

And the Raiders used to do it too: "*The Raiders often sneaked underinflated footballs into home games, because soft-tosser Stabler could handle an underinflated ball more easily than a big-armed quarterback like Terry Bradshaw." http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP-Sunday-Blitz-7445.html

Would be shocking if true since everyone knows they stopped cheating after SpyGate.

Edited by reddogblitz

A lot of drops in the first half .. They fixed that . If it's tru . It could swing the score quite a bit if colts couldn't function well with properly inflated footballs. We should turn our backs and cost em real money by ignoring any game the pats play in and find someone to admit they taped walk thrus. Baltimore should be playin, those three plays won them the game as well.

I don't think a disqualification from the game is too severe for this type of thing.

It won't happen though.

The NFL's approach to this should be absolute no tolerance.

You get caught deliberately cheating in this type of pre-meditated way in an effort to skew the outcome of the game, you get disqualified...and lose draft picks...and get fined...and yes, a suspension for the HC is not out of line either.

You just can't have teams cheating if you want to maintain integrity in the game.

I'm so sick of this. I would be furious if I were a Colts fan. With the knowledge of deflated fout balls the patriots could plan to pound it with Blount and throw short passes to edelman 500 times and also do things like dump it off to a tackle. Meanwhile that completely undermines indy's offense let alone they didn't have knowledge to plan for it. I'm sure the patriots also practiced all week for the change in physics (and also have likely done it before)

Belichick should be out a year and also draft pix gone due to the recurrence of these things

Edited by May Day 10

I don't think a disqualification from the game is too severe for this type of thing.

It won't happen though.

The NFL's approach to this should be absolute no tolerance.

You get caught deliberately cheating in this type of pre-meditated way in an effort to skew the outcome of the game, you get disqualified...and lose draft picks...and get fined...and yes, a suspension for the HC is not out of line either.

You just can't have teams cheating if you want to maintain integrity in the game.

I'm so sick of this. I would be furious if I were a Colts fan. With the knowledge of deflated fout balls the patriots could plan to pound it with Blount and throw short passes to edelman 500 times and also do things like dump it off to a tackle. Meanwhile that completely undermines indy's offense let alone they didn't have knowledge to plan for it. I'm sure the patriots also practiced all week for the change in physics (and also have likely done it before)

Belichick should be out a year and also draft pix gone due to the recurrence of these things

IF true... They should lose a 1st and 7th round pick. One in the beginning and end of the draft. That way no one will think of doing that again. If course that also helps the Bills.

This is another tarnished season for the Cheatriots* and Belicheat* The NFL is not enforcing the declared ineligible rule properly and they are gimmickly beating teams because of it. NO WAY they beat Baltimore without that deception. Declaring you are ineligible as your team breaks the huddle is not giving the D a reasonable amount of time to adjust, as the rule states is required.

They under inflated the footballs - DELIBERATE cheating. AGAIN. They cheat beacuse a slap on the wrist for a super bowl is NOTHING!!!

The Pats opponents are ALWAYS reporting to have "problems" with their communication during games. Like the QBs headset goes out on a critical third down etc. This is not new or old. Its always in the news. They are cheating!!!

Watching that Patriot offense last night, There is zero doubt in my mind, they are still getting the other teams defensive calls. Its just the most simple offense in the world. They either A) run the ball straight ahead with no counters or mis direction, B) throw a 3 yard flat pass to a wide open WR, C) 5 yard drag route to a wide open WR or D) throw it up the seam to Gronk.

With that type of techmo-bowl offense teams should easily be able to stop them. BUT! The pats always seem to have the right play called at the right time. If there happens to be a blitz, WOW! The pats called the perfect play to exploit it. Coincidence? nope, more like CHEATING!! Seriously? When was the last time the Bills called a Screen pass on the same snap where the D called an all out blitz and it worked so super well? NEVER! The Pats do that type of 'wow what a play call' for 9 plays in a row on a 9 play TD drive! its ridiculous.

I am still in shock and aw that the Pats Super Bowl wins were not vacated. It makes business sense for the NFL to just gloss this over and pretend it didnt happen, as cheating your way to the superbowl and admitting it happened could diminish your product. Thats one line of thinking. The other is now, I have no respect for the League and basically think it is rigged. The Patriots are still cheating and every fan knows it. Every football fan outside of NE with be rooting for the Seahawks because they hate the cheating Patriots.

A proper punishment for Spygate would have been vacating all of those wins, SB, playoffs, regular season, everything. Then you Suspend Belicheat for LIFE. yes, a LIFETIME ban from the NFL. That would be a fitting punishment for the !@#$ign loser. But to me that is stll not enough. I'd give the Patriots Org the NFL equivalent of the NCAA 'Death Penalty' and not let them have a team for two whole years. Everyone on their roster is a Free agent. Not draft picks for two years. Then let them come back as a expansion franchise. That may be unrealistic tho, Im not sure how you have a division like the AFCE with only 3 teams in it? But who cares, figure that part out. Cheaters are cheaters and they were not properly dealt with the first umpteen times.

But now the NFL has another chance to PROPERLY deal with these cheaters. They make them forfeit the game. PLain and simple, you got caught cheating, you forfeit. Colts go to the Superbowl. I really hope the Colts file a lawsuit about this or something.

This happened here in Section 5 football this year, Aquinas is a football powerhouse and has a QB getting recuited by Notre Dame and the like. He got injured this year and sat out a few games. Because he stood on the sideline in sweatpants instead of dressing and wearing his pads, he, by rule, was not eligible to play in the sectional playoffs. But he played, and after beating Pittsford, they made an issue of it. Whomever the ruling body was, ruled that Aquinas would have to forfeit and Pittsford advanced even though they got manhandled in the game. THATS WHAT REAL ORGANIZATIONS DO. The NCAA would vacate ALL of the Patriots wins and suspend their football team for 2 years. HS football would make the Pats forfeit and let the Colts advance. This is exactly what the NFL should do to these CHEATERS

And you know what, the Bills should file a grience too. Yes we suck and yes we have sucked for a long time. But do you know what? I bet you dollars to donuts the Patriots cheated when they beat us at home this year. I gauren!@#$ingtee it. The Bills could have made the playoffs with that win. Then Dougy M doesnt quit. Schwartz doesnt leave. Think of the money Pegula spent just on jet fuel flying around looking for a new coach.

Ill go back even further. in 2004 the Bills missed the playoffs by 1 game by going 9-7. Yep, I just checked, 2 loses to NE. TNE cheated in BOTH of the games, as we know now from Spygate. That could be two wins, heck even one win, and the Bills make the playoffs!!!

We are a schit franchise but we have been good enough a few season to make it in. But we cant beat the Patriots AND their cheating. The suckballs

This is another tarnished season for the Cheatriots* and Belicheat* The NFL is not enforcing the declared ineligible rule properly and they are gimmickly beating teams because of it. NO WAY they beat Baltimore without that deception. Declaring you are ineligible as your team breaks the huddle is not giving the D a reasonable amount of time to adjust, as the rule states is required.

They under inflated the footballs - DELIBERATE cheating. AGAIN. They cheat beacuse a slap on the wrist for a super bowl is NOTHING!!!

The Pats opponents are ALWAYS reporting to have "problems" with their communication during games. Like the QBs headset goes out on a critical third down etc. This is not new or old. Its always in the news. They are cheating!!!

Watching that Patriot offense last night, There is zero doubt in my mind, they are still getting the other teams defensive calls. Its just the most simple offense in the world. They either A) run the ball straight ahead with no counters or mis direction, B) throw a 3 yard flat pass to a wide open WR, C) 5 yard drag route to a wide open WR or D) throw it up the seam to Gronk.

With that type of techmo-bowl offense teams should easily be able to stop them. BUT! The pats always seem to have the right play called at the right time. If there happens to be a blitz, WOW! The pats called the perfect play to exploit it. Coincidence? nope, more like CHEATING!! Seriously? When was the last time the Bills called a Screen pass on the same snap where the D called an all out blitz and it worked so super well? NEVER! The Pats do that type of 'wow what a play call' for 9 plays in a row on a 9 play TD drive! its ridiculous.

I am still in shock and aw that the Pats Super Bowl wins were not vacated. It makes business sense for the NFL to just gloss this over and pretend it didnt happen, as cheating your way to the superbowl and admitting it happened could diminish your product. Thats one line of thinking. The other is now, I have no respect for the League and basically think it is rigged. The Patriots are still cheating and every fan knows it. Every football fan outside of NE with be rooting for the Seahawks because they hate the cheating Patriots.

A proper punishment for Spygate would have been vacating all of those wins, SB, playoffs, regular season, everything. Then you Suspend Belicheat for LIFE. yes, a LIFETIME ban from the NFL. That would be a fitting punishment for the !@#$ign loser. But to me that is stll not enough. I'd give the Patriots Org the NFL equivalent of the NCAA 'Death Penalty' and not let them have a team for two whole years. Everyone on their roster is a Free agent. Not draft picks for two years. Then let them come back as a expansion franchise. That may be unrealistic tho, Im not sure how you have a division like the AFCE with only 3 teams in it? But who cares, figure that part out. Cheaters are cheaters and they were not properly dealt with the first umpteen times.

But now the NFL has another chance to PROPERLY deal with these cheaters. They make them forfeit the game. PLain and simple, you got caught cheating, you forfeit. Colts go to the Superbowl. I really hope the Colts file a lawsuit about this or something.

This happened here in Section 5 football this year, Aquinas is a football powerhouse and has a QB getting recuited by Notre Dame and the like. He got injured this year and sat out a few games. Because he stood on the sideline in sweatpants instead of dressing and wearing his pads, he, by rule, was not eligible to play in the sectional playoffs. But he played, and after beating Pittsford, they made an issue of it. Whomever the ruling body was, ruled that Aquinas would have to forfeit and Pittsford advanced even though they got manhandled in the game. THATS WHAT REAL ORGANIZATIONS DO. The NCAA would vacate ALL of the Patriots wins and suspend their football team for 2 years. HS football would make the Pats forfeit and let the Colts advance. This is exactly what the NFL should do to these CHEATERS

And you know what, the Bills should file a grience too. Yes we suck and yes we have sucked for a long time. But do you know what? I bet you dollars to donuts the Patriots cheated when they beat us at home this year. I gauren!@#$ingtee it. The Bills could have made the playoffs with that win. Then Dougy M doesnt quit. Schwartz doesnt leave. Think of the money Pegula spent just on jet fuel flying around looking for a new coach.

Ill go back even further. in 2004 the Bills missed the playoffs by 1 game by going 9-7. Yep, I just checked, 2 loses to NE. TNE cheated in BOTH of the games, as we know now from Spygate. That could be two wins, heck even one win, and the Bills make the playoffs!!!

We are a schit franchise but we have been good enough a few season to make it in. But we cant beat the Patriots AND their cheating. The suckballs

Great post, but Goodell is BFF's with Kraft, so...nothing will happen. But I agree, I've felt it all along--these guys are still cheating. And it has to do with knowing defensive signals and being alerted to the proper read. I just hope it's discovered and broken wide open. When you look at that roster, they are simply not that f***** good. Solid, balanced, yes, but not a dominant force that just sh*ts on a good team like Indy in the AFC Championship game. Belicheck is a genius and Brady is great, but they're still doing shady things.

And this game was yet another example of the Pats* making the PERFECT halftime adjustments and blowing open a somewhat close halftime game with ease.

Edited by ko12010

Fly Peter, fly.

This happened here in Section 5 football this year, Aquinas is a football powerhouse and has a QB getting recuited by Notre Dame and the like. He got injured this year and sat out a few games. Because he stood on the sideline in sweatpants instead of dressing and wearing his pads, he, by rule, was not eligible to play in the sectional playoffs. But he played, and after beating Pittsford, they made an issue of it. Whomever the ruling body was, ruled that Aquinas would have to forfeit and Pittsford advanced even though they got manhandled in the game. THATS WHAT REAL ORGANIZATIONS DO. The NCAA would vacate ALL of the Patriots wins and suspend their football team for 2 years. HS football would make the Pats forfeit and let the Colts advance. This is exactly what the NFL should do to these CHEATERSAnd you know what, the Bills should file a grience too. Yes we suck and yes we have sucked for a long time. But do you know what? I bet you dollars to donuts the Patriots cheated when they beat us at home this year. I gauren!@#$ingtee it. The Bills could have made the playoffs with that win. Then Dougy M doesnt quit. Schwartz doesnt leave. Think of the money Pegula spent just on jet fuel flying around looking for a new coach.

Like I said earlier I believe they have another advantage not yet discovered. I still think the hoodie has somehow gotten the feed from opposing defenses no way they always call the perfect play. How often do the call a screen and a blitz blows it up completely? the best with the ineligible receivers stuff is just plain wrong and the NFL is getting tarnished by the Pats* as. U u as Ray rice

You know what's going to happen if there is any smoke to this fire: they'll throw the lowly ball assistant under the bus in the media, set him up with some nice arrangement so he won't talk, and we can get back to talking about the sheer precision and dominance of this football team.

I think its important the note that while most people remeber Spygate for taping other teams signals, it was much much more than that.

"But it wasn’t just a matter of filming opposing team’s coaches — it was also how that information was allegedly passed to Brady.

As the scandal broke, the NFL was investigating a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during the Jets game, sources told ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who reported at the time that the Pats did not “have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.”

Quarterbacks communicate with the sidelines via microphones in their helmets that pick up an NFL-monitored radio frequency. An NFL sideline official cuts off communications on this frequency 15 seconds before the play clock runs out.

Offensive plays would be called based on stolen signals and the information relayed straight to Brady’s helmet, O’Leary theorizes.

In this scenario, the extra frequency is critical, as it allows the team to do something in real time with the stolen signals, out of earshot of the NFL monitor, and change its plays accordingly.

If there’s an open channel during the play itself, you can also alert the quarterback to open receivers he may not see.

O’Leary repeats a rumor that Pats backup quarterback Doug Flutie once said he accidentally picked up Brady’s helmet during the 2005 season.

“He was amazed that the coaches kept right on speaking to Brady past the 15-second cutoff, right up until the snap,” ­according to O’Leary.

“The voice in Tom Brady’s helmet was explaining the exact defense he was about to face.”

That same year, Pats linebacker Ted Johnson told USA Today that an hour before game time, a list of the opposing team’s audibles — the signals a QB would use at the line of scrimmage just before a snap to change the play — would sometimes appear in his locker. He had no idea where the lists came from. Three years later, he said he was as surprised as anyone to hear about the cheating allegations.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/they-are-cheaters-spygate-the-nfl-scandal-that-started-it-all/

I think people are very very right to question how good Tom Brady really is. I mean, he stands there un touched and throw 5 yard passes to wide open wide recievers. He knows the Defense before the snap. He is told about it in his helmet. Jamarcus Russel could win with that info