Adrian Peterson Anyone?

H2o

The Minneapolis Star-Tribune concedes the Adrian Peterson era in Minnesota "may be over."

The potential breakup here is more about Peterson's contract than his legal issues. He turns 30 in March, carries a league-high for RBs $15.4M cap hit and has said he has no intention of taking a pay cut. The off-field complications only muddle the situation further. It's possible both sides are looking for a fresh start, which would make Jerick McKinnon the favorite to start Week 1 of 2015.

Should we make a run at AP if he hits the market? Is he 30? Yes, but he has proven to be an athletic freak of nature and he had a whole year off. What say you TSW?

Peterson is a rare athlete and was the best running back in the league prior to his suspension. Plus he basically just took a year off so he should be healed up and ready to go. I guarantee he has at least two great years left. Which happens to coincide with our window. If we are going to fix the online and pound the rock, if available, acquiring AP is a no brainer.

AP may very well be the exception to the "just another guy" running back philosophy in the NFL. I think he's worth more than 3-4 million per year, even at the age of 30. I wouldn't give him franchise QB money, but he's certainly more valuable than Ben Tate, Donald Brown, Toby Gerhart and Knowhawn Moreno were (each got $3 million or more last season).

I'd have no problem giving him a lot guaranteed money up front (in RB terms) and have him heavily pound the rock for two years while this QB situation sorts itself out.

Doesn't have to be a long-term marriage.

Edited by stony

This would be a hard pill for me to swallow, as a parent of a four-year-old boy.

I totally understand and respect this viewpoint. What he did was sickening. Hopefully he has learned from it and will grow to be a better parent instead of living in the old mindset of "My Daddy used to whoop me so that's what I will do". Over time, we find better ways of doing things. Hopefully he has grown. As a football player, there aren't many better RBs.

I would hope the Bills make a play for him if he is a free agent... Spiller most likely will walk, AP is better for the ground and pound .

A year off will put some pep back into his step

1. Seattle - Comfort with Darell Bevell

2. Houston - He has a home in Houston - only reason (except for the fact that I live in Houston and would take him over Foster)

3. New England - One year deal if no one takes an immediate shot at him

4. Dallas - long shot...too many skill players already on the roster...Although Jerry will be highly intrigued

Buffalo could be in the mix as they would definitely feature the run and Rex would do a great sell job. A lot would depend on where the QB situation is for the Bills at the time. I believe he wants to go somewhere and win in the immediate future.

I would see him preferring a Texas team just because of what has happened off the field this past season.

Yes. It is hard to run in the NFL when you are being hit in the face by your OG's backside. Or when the handoff looks like a hockey faceoff between you and a DT.

no way our Bills can look as bad as last two years. just cant be done. But i hear you.

Yes. It is hard to run in the NFL when you are being hit in the face by your OG's backside. Or when the handoff looks like a hockey faceoff between you and a DT.

I bet that doesn't happen every play and he has done a lot behind so-so lines

I bet that doesn't happen every play and he has done a lot behind so-so lines

I am not arguing that he would be an improvement on our current RBs. Also I think the new coaching staff will help with the "faceoff" problem. But it would be nice to have some OGs and I think Peterson would get less than 5 ypc behind our 2014 line.

WOW !! Not a lot of love here for AP i see !! Man i know the dude has been in the news lately & I don't want to get into personal opinions thing about what he did , but this is the kind of guy that puts a entire team on his back & carries them down the field & instantly makes your running game top 5 .

It's like when Micheal came back to the bulls type of thing ! This guy just has it , he is a freak like Larry Fitzgerald , Barry Sanders , Eric Dickerson . A once in a lifetime talent .

I'm not saying $15 mill a year is easy to swallow you put his running game in a Greg Roman scheme with our talent at WR + our D , our season goes immediately into the post season almost regardless of who is under center . Plus it takes the pressure off of a young QB . I'm just saying .

If CJ is set on testing the FA waters this could be a winning possibility for the Bills & i wouldn't put it past Whaley ! If he sees the talent like he did in Sammy & he knows he can win with that player he could very easily go after him & he would fit in in Buffalo the first time he ripped of a big run !!

I think we need to get our guys back first , then worry about FA pick ups but that time will be here soon enough & the Pegulas have the funds & there has even been talk about picking up a every down back in this years draft & AP is a every down back for the most part !! But don't sacrifice other players that have been here & have great up side , keep our guys that want to stay unless of course in the RB case if we can upgrade ??

Rex is about ground & pound (talk about a splash hire) & could you imagine the Rex press conferences then OMG !!!!

Go Bills !!

Peterson is a rare athlete and was the best running back in the league prior to his suspension. Plus he basically just took a year off so he should be healed up and ready to go. I guarantee he has at least two great years left. Which happens to coincide with our window. If we are going to fix the online and pound the rock, if available, acquiring AP is a no brainer.

yeah, but the contract has to be right. and it won't be. so that is that