Big Ben .... Possible or impossible?

YoloinOhio

Tank for Connor cook in 2016 and start over? Sign Sanchez in the interim? Their defense needs rebuilt. Just a thought.

Why does everyone think Connor Cook is so good? I mean, he's definitely a top 10 pick next year, but he's not a "once in a decade" type talent like Andrew Luck. I've watched him plenty this year. Am I missing something?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the outsized value that QBs possess these days, the Bills could offer their entire roster for Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh would rightly decide that it'd be a terrible trade for them.

Why does everyone think Connor Cook is so good? I mean, he's definitely a top 10 pick next year, but he's not a "once in a decade" type talent like Andrew Luck. I've watched him plenty this year. Am I missing something?

Not missing anything. My wife went to MSU and I watched a lot of him. He's a solid qb, but he can be fooled fairly easily. The Purdue game was very telling.

Damn. I was hoping this thread was going to have a full on meltdown. It was looking promising. Oh well.

dont give up so easily!

Given the outsized value that QBs possess these days, the Bills could offer their entire roster for Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh would rightly decide that it'd be a terrible trade for them.

Not missing anything. My wife went to MSU and I watched a lot of him. He's a solid qb, but he can be fooled fairly easily. The Purdue game was very telling.

give him another year. I think he's the next "sure thing" at nfl QB

Is he definitely a top 10 pick next year? Brett Hundley was definitely a top 15 pick before this season, Matt Barkley was definitely a top 10 pick going into his SR season.

I was just looking at that. Pretty big cap hit he has this coming season.

That cap hit is due to the Steelers habit of turning salary into signing bonuses throughout the intermediate years of their big money players. It screams for an extension more than a trade. Unless Roethlisberger and the Steelers fail to come to terms on a contract this offseason and that leads to a trade demand I don't expect him to be attainable. Nice thought though - and stranger things have happened.

I just don't see it. That is not a Steelers move. If Ben was the QB of the Bucs or something maybe that would be possible. If the Bills acquired Ben they would win multiple Super Bowls.

A whole bunch of THIS^^^.

Rebuilding their defense? Imagine the Bills trading something like Kiko Alonzo, Preston Brown and next years #1 for Rothelesberger.

Now, I'm NOT saying I want that trade to happen, but Ben probably isn't going to be around when the Steelers are ready for a real Superbowl winning run. So they might be in the mood of tearing their current team down, rebuilding the defense with great young players and finding their QB along the way. If I'm the Steelers GM I'd think seriously about a trade like that one. If I'm the Bills, I don't even know if I could do that one because I want a 10 year monster Bills defense and getting a 33 year old Rothlesberger with a lot of wear and tear at the cost of their defense is something I don't know if I could sign up for.

that may be the trade it would take to make it happen. But if that happened, I would want another offensive weapon like M. Bryant.

I just don't see it. That is not a Steelers move. If Ben was the QB of the Bucs or something maybe that would be possible. If the Bills acquired Ben they would win multiple Super Bowls.

Perhaps Ben wants to get a few more rings. Buffalo would be a great place to do that. He would be the first QB to lead the Bills to the SB, would be able to do it. Clear all cap space for 2016 and get him.

You guys, for the most part, are pretty smart . Smarter than me at least .

So, explain to me like I'm f in stupid, why do people put random threads that ask if that fag Brady or the rapist or pizza boy are gonna actually be let go in a league that all sees what we all do. That you can't win without a quarterback . Is this an epidemic .. Does the Arizona board think Green Bay will trade discount double douche to them for first rounder like hockey ?

I'm pissed because I feel like sht but let me ask you this .

Would we have traded Kelly ? Or not renewed his contract if he was even remotely healthy ?

Could you imagine a gm letting a top fifteen quarterback go and not be strung up Alabama style ?

Please tell me that Baltimore didn't choke as the paid flaaco but paid much like we may for a de.

I don't remember this much of a drought at qb but I actually don't care that we don't have a first or we might reach for Hundley and have two of the same on the bench behind whoever we get . I feel your pain watching the that merc slide before the first down marker but he is proof the bad qb play is a team killer even if it's heart.

I might as well whine , hey there's a lot if cash out there why doesn't some one just send me some because I really need it . Seriously .. I really need about 10 grand so we can live as we should . Any help would be great . Please?

No?

Anyway,

Last, have some self respect . Piss on the big rapist . I want to beat Brady until he retires (picture obnoxious joe fibula).and I never want him in a bills uni . Ever . Let's concuss Philip the should be sterilized and not moan for him . Own your misery . C'mon . Fock em all . If see a tanehill thread I'm gonna puke.

Ps .. Thanks for the month of entertainment while I convalesce . You guys are probably smarter than most of the bills front office but ... These I don't understand .

kabooooom

Perhaps Ben wants to get a few more rings. Buffalo would be a great place to do that. He would be the first QB to lead the Bills to the SB, would be able to do it. Clear all cap space for 2016 and get him.

Maybe but the Steelers won 2 more games than the Bills this year. Why would the Steelers let him go next year??? We love to view these things from our perspective but teams don't just give up on franchise QBs, they give up everyone else instead. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Big Ben and all other top QBs, always, forever, will always be off limits to all teams other than the team who discovered them and that they play for...until the QB is too old and ineffective to actually be worth having.

Right around when Ben starts showing major flaws and is getting really old and broken down, the Bills might have a shot at him.

The trick is getting these guys when they are still elite/really good/effective.

Heck, there could even be a time when we have a shot at Tom Brady; the problem is he won't be worth having then.

Is he definitely a top 10 pick next year? Brett Hundley was definitely a top 15 pick before this season, Matt Barkley was definitely a top 10 pick going into his SR season.

This, plus the rumblings that C Kelly does not seem overly confident with N Foles is why I think Foles can be had for a decent price. But I would take Big Ben in a heartbeat over Foles.

This is like having a talk with my former addict trust fund baby girlfriend that buying lottery tickets may give her a few seconds of hope until she scratches .. Painful to watch .

Get that gun out yer mouth and go to work .1.1 million won't take that long.

Or an agents trick which ends in a record pay day and as he stays yells to the fans that bit

Sucker!

If you want him , I might be able to picture it if you hired a bunch of Kobe's former girlfriends that know how to at least get paid and make a charge almost stick ..

If you guys planted drugs and spiked his coffee to make the charge stick , then maybe Pitt would be us but I still think counseling before training camp .

Maybe if you wacked him on the knee Nancy horse face style in his contract year and kidnapped dr Andrews so he only secretly fixed bills players.

Other than cutting off a woman's head and putting it dahmer style in his fridge ( nah they would still sign him and send him to counseling, he's not a running for gosh sakes)

Because I feel for you I tried . It ain't happening .

This is like having a talk with my former addict trust fund baby girlfriend that buying lottery tickets may give her a few seconds of hope until she scratches .. Painful to watch .

Or an agents trick which ends in a record pay day and as he stays yells to the fans that bit

Sucker!

If you want him , I might be able to picture it if you hired a bunch of Kobe's former girlfriends that know how to at least get paid and make a charge almost stick ..

If you guys planted drugs and spiked his coffee to make the charge stick , then maybe Pitt would be us but I still think counseling before training camp .

Maybe if you wacked him on the knee Nancy horse face style in his contract year and kidnapped dr Andrews so he only secretly fixed bills players.

Other than cutting off a woman's head and putting it dahmer style in his fridge ( nah they would still sign him and send him to counseling, he's not a running for gosh sakes)

You have a strange way of articulating things. Kinda fun to read your posts though.

Sucker!

Since when do they allow unfettered computer access in prison?

Why do we keep having these silly threads? Ben's going nowhere. They'll iron out his extension, and keep him for another four years and he'll retire like every other franchise QB.

The only way we get a franchise QB is by drafting one. That's it. Nothing else.

That's right. Dreamers.

Why do we keep having these silly threads? Ben's going nowhere. They'll iron out his extension, and keep him for another four years and he'll retire like every other franchise QB.

The only way we get a franchise QB is by drafting one. That's it. Nothing else.

This. It's not happening. You don't let Ben go unless you have a sure thing replacement. Landry jones.....lol. No

Sucker!

You're a strange person.

There is a 0.1% chance of this happening. Big Ben just had his best season of his career. They support hjm when he was taking girls in bathrooms while his bodyguards watched. Why would they give up on him now that he is a "family man"?

Teams don't give up on franchise Qbs unless there is a major problem. Teams are willing to get rid of guys like Cutler or Orton because they aren't good enough.

Your best bet to find a franchise qb is through the draft.

Sucker!

What the f***?