NEW HEAD COACH: Rex Ryan! It's Official!

KDIGGZ

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pegula is overly extravagant!

I'm sure someone will come in here and hate this move :beer:

I long for those days when the Bills were cheap. All this commotion the last couple days has me on edge, and you watch it will only get worse. That's what happens when your owner is a Mister Fancy Pants. # IMISSRALPHALREADY

for a smart business man, Terry P has mad a bad business decision

How so?

I wish you would start a post keeping track of all the anti Rex people. I'm quite stunned by them actually. Especially since Rex Ryan will be our first Super Bowl winning head coach!

I haven't seen anything on here about this (granted I didn't read all 42 pages) but would it make sense for Rex to bring in (dare I say this) Mark Sanchez to compete for the QB? Mark did a fairly good job with the Eagles this season and Greg Roman did a good job with the Niners limited skill positions and Kaep so I don't see why he couldn't help shape Manuel into a winner with the pieces around him. Any thoughts?

I haven't seen anything on here about this (granted I didn't read all 42 pages) but would it make sense for Rex to bring in (dare I say this) Mark Sanchez to compete for the QB? Mark did a fairly good job with the Eagles this season and Greg Roman did a good job with the Niners limited skill positions and Kaep so I don't see why he couldn't help shape Manuel into a winner with the pieces around him. Any thoughts?

Yes. Sanchez is still a turnover machine. Rex likely has nightmares over how many TOs his QBs have committed over the past six seasons. i don't think Sanchez will be coming to Buffalo unless he's wearing a visiting uniform.

I fear with all of the hype.. everyone is over excited and Rex will give nothing but coach's talk... standard lines. I would if I were him. give the standard lines on how "EJ is our QB" and "looking to turn this into a Championship team" "Excited about the defense" of course "always liked the Bills fans".

Once he gets the lay of the land Rex will be Rex in the future.... but today is nice things day... maybe one wise crack... Pay respects to RCW and the 90s' teams, Thank the Pegulia's

I fear with all of the hype.. everyone is over excited and Rex will give nothing but coach's talk... standard lines. I would if I were him. give the standard lines on how "EJ is our QB" and "looking to turn this into a Championship team" "Excited about the defense" of course "always liked the Bills fans".

Once he gets the lay of the land Rex will be Rex in the future.... but today is nice things day... maybe one wise crack... Pay respects to RCW and the 90s' teams, Thank the Pegulia's

I think you're mostly right...I expect that there will be a few good chuckles though.

Now I feel like I don't even have to watch. That's a well thought out prediction. :beer:

"Is this thing on? Because its about to be on"

"We'll build the bully"

"4th in the league is a little disappointing (for this defense)"

"This loyal fanbase deserves a loyal coach"

Not so much coach-speak today!

listening to Kim Jones (former yankees, now NFL network NY reporter) on wgr with murphy....

wow is she talking up rex.

I loved how she said he want to coach. Just coach. With Whaley handling the draft and acquiring FAs I think we're in for a good ride now.

I did get the sense that the entire brain trust (and moneybags) are on the same page. What a relief that Maroon is gone and took his back-biting divisive self out of OBD and Bills culture.

Welcome back Rex. I wish your father well and hope he gets to see you in your new digs soon... "the place in Buffalo where it snows the most... I want to live there!" :lol:

With Russ stating he was pretty much out of everything but marketing - this is a complete makeover and terrific news for Bills Fans! :beer:

I loved how she said he want to coach. Just coach. With Whaley handling the draft and acquiring FAs I think we're in for a good ride now.

I did get the sense that the entire brain trust (and moneybags) are on the same page. What a relief that Maroon is gone and took his back-biting divisive self out of OBD and Bills culture.

Welcome back Rex. I wish your father well and hope he gets to see you in your new digs soon... "the place in Buffalo where it snows the most... I want to live there!" :lol:

With Russ stating he was pretty much out of everything but marketing - this is a complete makeover and terrific news for Bills Fans! :beer:

I made a comment in the shoutbox during the press conference, but it fits again here: what's the over under on how many people on this board misinterpret what Russ said in that statement? :lol:

Good post, I'm right there with you.

At 5:55 of this video, when asked about changing the defense, Rex says and we can quote:

Ive run every defense known to man. Whether its a 43, 34, 46, whatever. We'll do whats in the best interest of us and looking at our talent that we have. And part of that is certainly, can you expect a lot of 43? Of course.

We'll just add to it, and maybe challenge the guys a little more mentally than they were last year.

So anyone worried about changing the scheme, can just R-E-L-A-X