Andy Levitre could be released

frogger

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24900492/agents-take-seven-nfl-teams-with-cash-to-burn-in-free-agency

"Right tackle Michael Oher, who signed a four-year, $20 million deal in March and left guard, Andy Levitre, the crown jewel of the Titans' 2013 free agent class, could be let go."

While he played well in buffalo, he hasn't been great in Tennessee, would you want him back?

At a reasonable price, my answer is yes!

Edited by frogger

http://mweb.cbssport...-in-free-agency

"Right tackle Michael Oher, who signed a four-year, $20 million deal in March and left guard, Andy Levitre, the crown jewel of the Titans' 2013 free agent class, could be let go."

While he played well in buffalo, he hasn't been great in Tennessee, would you want him back?

I find it hard to believe he's regressed as a player. No injuries of note. I say yes.

I have no idea because I never watch the Titans. Is he better than what we have now?

While he certainly would be an upgrade at Guard, he is nowhere near the form he was. It appears he's having tough sledding most games which is surprising given the fact, on paper before the start of the season, their O-Line was challenging for one of the best in the league. I didn't think they'd struggle and have as many inadequacies there as they have...

Would be nice. Doubtful though.

While he certainly would be an upgrade at Guard, he is nowhere near the form he was. It appears he's having tough sledding most games which is surprising given the fact, on paper before the start of the season, their O-Line was challenging for one of the best in the league. I didn't think they'd struggle and have as many inadequacies there as they have...

Would be nice. Doubtful though.

if he can still play and tenn is just having buyers remorse on the contract, then I'd say sure. If he isn't very good anymore I'd say aim higher.

one year, with back loaded bonuses base on performance , problem is it a supply and demand position

other half of the coin would be how he left the Bills, burnt bridges aren't forgotten

What bridge was burnt? He wanted a lot of money Abd wasn't getting it from us- was there any other bad blood?

Aim higher? But-but, you asked if he's better than what we have now... And he is, to a degree. :lol:

I think it was Bandit who suggested Clint Boling, which I strongly concur. If not? Levitre wouldn't be that bad a resort if indeed he and the Titans part ways.

oh yes I know - I changed my line of thinking. Haha.

Marrone wants big maulers not smaller technicians, regardless of how good they are.

Maybe that's the problem? He isn't willing to find a blend or something that works best? This line has regressed so badly under a gentleman who's forte and coaching background is geared towards the offensive line. I like the culture change and spirit of constantly competing he's got the players to buy into. The offensive production and overall play? Not so much.

As Bill has pointed out NUMEROUS times.....Levitre's deal was basically a two year deal. If he wasn't an All-Pro he was a pretty easy release.

Had the Bills overpaid a bit for a couple years of Levitre they would probably be on their way to a second consecutive playoff appearance. I say a little bit because they had to pay Brown, Legursky and Williams to replace him.....all money wasted.

Yes, I absolutely take him back. There is so much this offense can't accomplish without an athletic blocker and without a guy who can generate leverage in the run game from the guard position.

As Bill has pointed out NUMEROUS times.....Levitre's deal was basically a two year deal. If he wasn't an All-Pro he was a pretty easy release.

Had the Bills overpaid a bit for a couple years of Levitre they would probably be on their way to a second consecutive playoff appearance. I say a little bit because they had to pay Brown, Legursky and Williams to replace him.....all money wasted.

Yes, I absolutely take him back. There is so much this offense can't accomplish without an athletic blocker and without a guy who can generate leverage in the run game from the guard position.

The stupid Bills. When will they ever learn how to put together a roster?

Aim higher? But-but, you asked if he's better than what we have now... And he is, to a degree. :lol:

I think it was Bandit who suggested Clint Boling, which I strongly concur. If not? Levitre wouldn't be that bad a resort if indeed he and the Titans part ways.

Why not both? I like boling he was a college teammate of Glenn

The stupid Bills. When will they ever learn how to put together a roster?

When teams start giving players that are on their rookie contracts the extra $ for playing above that value....based on the league average pay for that performance......then I will start worrying about those instances where you get caught in a situation where you have to overpay to not create a hole on your roster.

If your personnel department is excellent at finding replacments.....or more importantly having them in place ahead of a key player reaching UFA...then you can afford to turn up your nose at paying extra to keep a good player.

Until then........trying to emulate a system...Pittsburgh's in this is example...when you don't execute it properly is going to cost you on the field.

yes, some players play better for some teams than others and he has been dinged up but I think he could fit right back in here.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, as you say, at the right price, but Levitre doesn't seem to fit the size that the current regime likes.

I wouldn't be opposed to it, as you say, at the right price, but Levitre doesn't seem to fit the size that the current regime likes.

Starting 5 OT's on the OL was Buddy's idea. I am not sure if Whaley agrees. Especially after a couple years of being able to create so little running room for the RB's. The leverage problem of lumbering giants like Colin Brown and Pears and Williams this year has been killing the Bills in short yardage and goal line and subsequently killing them in the redzone. The mediocre but stubby Urbik was inserted into the lineup and things got better. If that doesn't tell them to shoot for OG's under 6'8" tall then not sure what will.

Overpaying Levitre would have changed the dynamics of your roster cap implications going forwards. You can get in a lot of trouble by not being able to address a balance between player value and money spent.

The problem with Levitre was that we did an awful job replacing him. If he wants to come back at a reasonable salary equivalent to his talent, go for it.

Overpaying Levitre would have changed the dynamics of your roster cap implications going forwards. You can get in a lot of trouble by not being able to address a balance between player value and money spent.

The problem with Levitre was that we did an awful job replacing him. If he wants to come back at a reasonable salary equivalent to his talent, go for it.

The Bills have had tons of extra cap space in recent years. It was an organizational decision that they wanted to get bigger at OG. They didn't offer him a contract. Instead they spent less on several players to fill his spot and the results have been disastrous.

Why hasn't he been playing great? Where there's smoke there's usually fire. If Tennessee's clueless or overstocked at that position, he's worth looking at.

In fairness to Levitre, he wasn't 100% healthy when he left here and I think he's been battling knee and other issues since. He's been banged up.

GO BILLS!!!