EJ fans read this.

Kellyto83TD

I never understood why fans actually root for players on their team to fail. That makes absolutely no sense to me.

Some folks seem to believe that it's virtuous to pick a stance on a player and then defend that stance with fervor. I find it to be mostly silly, given that predicting a player drafted in the 1st round won't cut it in the NFL is playing the odds a litle more than 50% of the time. What's even sillier is when folks claim that they "know" whether or not a guy is going to be successful. That's just dumb.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some folks seem to believe that it's virtuous to pick a stance on a player and then defend that stance with fervor. I find it to be mostly silly, given that predicting a player drafted in the 1st round won't cut it in the NFL is playing the odds a litle more than 50% of the time. What's even sillier is when folks claim that they "know" whether or not a guy is going to be successful. That's just dumb.

agree 100%

It must be awful to be you. To take an article that has NOTHING to do with EJ, and you have to turn it into something to further your crusade with. And mind you, your crusade is against a guy who took his benching with class, and has done nothing but be a supportive teammate and someone working hard to try and get back to where he was as the starter. Do you get some sick pleasure of kicking people when they're down?

Ok let me try to clarify, I don't give a rats ass he is a good team mate, supportive, working hard, saves kittens, blah blah blah. He just doesn't have it period and I am damn sick and tired of this inept front office and many fans (like you) trying to make excuses for a ****ty QB.

Nearly TWO DECADES its been the same Bull ****. Trade for or draft a clearly lesser talent that is no more than a back up in the NFL And fans for YEARS will back this assclown when its clear he doesnt have it. And billions of excuses like its the line, he needs time, you dont know you are guessing blah blah bull **** is said over and over and over and the result is the same.

I posted this to show if a clearly greater talent in RGIII can be benched and odds are cut this offseason there is no reason to keep a much lesser talent who had greater knocks against him on our roster hoping against hope (you know like Collins, hobart, RJ, JP, Trent, Bledsoe, Flutie, and on and on and on) that EJ will somehow buck his entire playing DNA and magically Get it.

Not gonna happen. Cut his ass after the draft (at least TRY to BS teams we aren't taking a QB in round 2 or trade up to round 1 to get one...) and lets move on.

But don't worry, this front office is too egotistical to admit they clearly !@#$ed up and EJ Will NEVER amount to **** as a starter in the NFL. But hey, I will be here to remind you next year of the same thing. Granted he will have half assed stats which might show some slight glimmer of hope (like those listed above) so you will still be trying to make more excuses to keep him here further putting us behind in actually getting where we want to go as a team.

Oh and just so I was clear, I don't give a **** he is a good guy, I would rather have an !@#$ who is a top 3-5 QB and gives us a chance at a Superbowl and maybe wins one or two.

Theres no doubt Whaley is a great talent evaluator. But as a GM, id rather Whaley step down and let a guy that isnt gonna trade away 1st round pics step in there. Id hope to keep Whaley with the team. I dont think hed get another GM job in the league anyways.

Whaley would have, at a minimum, a Director of Player Personnel job in about 5 minutes, but more likely he'd be someone's GM within a few months. He's very well respected around the league, and I really, really, really hope they don't get rid of him. Teams trade picks; the one that won the Superbowl last year traded their 1st round pick (plus two more) for a WR that barely played, and then cut him a year later. That GM isn't going to be shown the door any time soon.

Marrone, i dont love the guy but hes got the team playing with some serious attitude, so i say give Marrone another year.

I'm 50/50 on Marrone. I'd like to see what he and Hackett could to with a starting-caliber NFL QB.

And finally, EJ. Hes definatly earned his spot on the roster in my eyes. May not be justified in the spot he was drafted, but hes a quality player that at least, will end up being a solid backup. So hang on to EJ.

Too soon to tell on EJ IMO...he's got ability, and he's a hard worker. Who knows whether or not he can develop his pocket presence and grow his confidence enough to hit the downfield throws routinely?

Please Santa, bring us an offensive line for Christmas

The OL has been much, much better since Urbik was inserted into the lineup. They started out okay with Chris Williams at LG, averaging 4.47 YPC on the ground and giving up 4 sacks in 3 games prior to his injury. Once he went down, and Cyril Richardson had to play, that's when things got ugly (he just isn't ready right now). The team YPC average dropped to 3.34 over the 5-game span in which he started at LG, and they surrendered 19 sacks. Urbik hasn't been up to Chris Williams' level, but he's been better; YPC in his 4 starts are up to 3.9 and the team has allowed 5 sacks in 4 games.

In reality, the team is a starting RG away from having a solid OL. I've beaten the drum about him before, but the guy I want this offseason is Clint Boling from Cincinnati.

Kind of like this:

:lol:

Ok let me try to clarify, I don't give a rats ass he is a good team mate, supportive, working hard, saves kittens, blah blah blah. He just doesn't have it period and I am damn sick and tired of this inept front office and many fans (like you) trying to make excuses for a ****ty QB.

Nearly TWO DECADES its been the same Bull ****. Trade for or draft a clearly lesser talent that is no more than a back up in the NFL And fans for YEARS will back this assclown when its clear he doesnt have it. And billions of excuses like its the line, he needs time, you dont know you are guessing blah blah bull **** is said over and over and over and the result is the same.

I posted this to show if a clearly greater talent in RGIII can be benched and odds are cut this offseason there is no reason to keep a much lesser talent who had greater knocks against him on our roster hoping against hope (you know like Collins, hobart, RJ, JP, Trent, Bledsoe, Flutie, and on and on and on) that EJ will somehow buck his entire playing DNA and magically Get it.

Not gonna happen. Cut his ass after the draft (at least TRY to BS teams we aren't taking a QB in round 2 or trade up to round 1 to get one...) and lets move on.

But don't worry, this front office is too egotistical to admit they clearly !@#$ed up and EJ Will NEVER amount to **** as a starter in the NFL. But hey, I will be here to remind you next year of the same thing. Granted he will have half assed stats which might show some slight glimmer of hope (like those listed above) so you will still be trying to make more excuses to keep him here further putting us behind in actually getting where we want to go as a team.

Oh and just so I was clear, I don't give a **** he is a good guy, I would rather have an !@#$ who is a top 3-5 QB and gives us a chance at a Superbowl and maybe wins one or two.

Actually its not esp, when you have seen the same **** for what 18 years now? Yes many fans these days can tell if a guy is going to be worth a damn or not. The NFL wants you to think its some big assed deal, when in fact they out think themselves most of the damn time and spend millions to do it.

"well if you know so much why are you an NFL scout, GM blah blah blah". Um its a good ol' boys network. It doesn't matter what you know, its who you blow to get jobs there. And if you can't tell I am not great at kissing ass and I am not blowing anyone. Besides, who says any of our scouts were really sold on EJ? Scouts get asked opinions and over rode by GM's all the damn time.

But, to sum up, yeah its not that hard to see EJ has the same issues as in college and try as he might, drink his milk, read his playbook, say his prayers, Little EJ is an average Backup in the NFL at best.

Exactly Bandit, I am not budging on my stance as its correct and no need to. The guy doesn't have it just like the many before him since Kelly retired in 96'. Why would I change my stance when the facts and evidence are clear and history has done nothing but repeat its self in Buffalo?

Exactly Bandit, I am not budging on my stance as its correct and no need to. The guy doesn't have it just like the many before him since Kelly retired in 96'. Why would I change my stance when the facts and evidence are clear and history has done nothing but repeat its self in Buffalo?

EJ is on the bench and may never be a starter,

So please give up the crusade until such a time arises when he is reinstated as the starter.

This whole thread is weird. It first starts off with an article about Bob Griffin and how the OP hates EJ even more because of it. Then the OP turned it into EJ being a symbol for decades of failure and he should be punished for it. Now the OP has turned it into a discussion about blowing dudes and how he's against it. I'm so confused. :doh:

Actually its not esp, when you have seen the same **** for what 18 years now? Yes many fans these days can tell if a guy is going to be worth a damn or not. The NFL wants you to think its some big assed deal, when in fact they out think themselves most of the damn time and spend millions to do it.

"well if you know so much why are you an NFL scout, GM blah blah blah". Um its a good ol' boys network. It doesn't matter what you know, its who you blow to get jobs there. And if you can't tell I am not great at kissing ass and I am not blowing anyone. Besides, who says any of our scouts were really sold on EJ? Scouts get asked opinions and over rode by GM's all the damn time.

But, to sum up, yeah its not that hard to see EJ has the same issues as in college and try as he might, drink his milk, read his playbook, say his prayers, Little EJ is an average Backup in the NFL at best.

Actually, these are all opinions, not facts. And yes, it is a big deal...find an NFL scout or GM and ask them if you don't believe me. There is not a fan alive that can say with any certainty whether or not a player is going to be good--you're guessing, and your guesses are in no way educated.

The reason you aren't an NFL scout or GM has nothing to do with it being a good ol' boys' network. It's because you don't possess the acumen, dedication, and experience. I know this to be true, as I have acquaintances that went from marginal background in football to regional scouts based on those traits.

Also, when you resort to insulting and attacking the player, it only serves to show that your argument and reasoning are weak. Leave that stuff out. EJ's a good kid and doesn't deserve that kind of crapola.

1-11: Aaron Maybin, DE,

1-28: Eric Wood, OG

So the article that I read on my Bills app was (is) correct.

is an omission a lie?

No lies whatsoever; just wanted you to know so that you didn't repeat an incorrect statement.

No, it isn't correct. It's an opinion; as I'm sure you know, by definition it cannot be correct or incorrect. You've provided no facts whatsoever, only opinions.

If we were to base the argument on facts, you might try stating his record as a starter, his passing numbers, etc. and comparing them to other NFL QBs over a 14-game stretch. At least those would be facts...I have a hunch you won't do so, because it wouldn't exactly strengthen your predetermined stance.

People get better at things the more they do them. Kinda like EVERY WINNING QUARTERBACK SINCE THE BEGINING OF TIME. This overwheming, sweeping proclaimation that EJ will never amout to anything makes no sense to me. Hes more than earned his spot that is clear, i say leave him on the roster, keep looking for the guy and building the most badass team we can!

Go Bills

Edited by mastershake

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

One of the more important parts...

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

All I hear is...Jordan Palmer - http://forums.twobil...-ball-on-bbcom/

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I don't know what I liked most about this post. The blatant misrepresentation, the pedestrian and totally unrelated article, the logical leap from RG3's struggles to EJ and how he compares to Tannehill, or the way you pulled it all together and used your own rambling nonsense to support the conclusion that running QBs cannot succeed. Wasn't aware that EJ was a running QB. Great work today!

Especially since he failed to mention this piece which goes against his argument completely:

Also, Gruden’s assessment goes deeper than Griffin’s play. He has major concerns about Griffin’s decision making off the field, which has come to light through conversations with team officials at Redskins Park.

To Gruden, Griffin seemed more concerned about enhancing his brand than about honing his pocket skills. Often, Gruden rolled his eyes after being informed about the life lessons the 24-year-old offered on social media. Gruden became frustrated that Griffin, even after Gruden benched him, failed to acknowledge his role in his failure.

If anything EJ has shown a great deal of maturity compared the others like RGIII and Geno.

LOL I thought the same.

It was a nice try though...

The odds are certainly against EJ ever becoming a QB with that "twitch" that makes it all work but he's not finished to RG3's level. He's a bright kid and working his ass off.

To tag on ... RGII and EJ may have similarities in their difficulties in adapting to a pro-style offense.. but they are miles apart as far as attitude goes. From all reports EJ is working hard and being a positive influence in the locker room behind the scenes. He's certainly said all of the right things publicly. RGIII is the exact opposite. Based on that.. I'd certainly rather have EJ as a developmental QB rather than RGIII

RG3 has been throw two head coaches and coaching staff who have both said the same things about RG3. Priveleged attitude, Lack of work ethic, and he seems to worry more about his brand than anything else.

Yeah that's EJ to the Letter.

Yeah ... that is because he was suppose to be a project and was thrown into the starting job. Now that coaches have time to work on their project he, may in fact, fix his issues that he had in college.

RG3 has been throw two head coaches and coaching staff who have both said the same things about RG3. Priveleged attitude, Lack of work ethic, and he seems to worry more about his brand than anything else.

Yeah that's EJ to the Letter.

I find this interesting ... Not that I am saying it is not true, but from the stories about his childhood(of course this could be marketing too) one would think he would be the opposite.

This is hilarious. Really I'm sitting at work laughing out loud... my colleagues think I'm demented... nope I am just reading the ravings of a disturbed mind on TSW with my tea break.

Why does this thread still exist? Time to walk away from those who are only a fan of failure since they want / need players on this team to fail to redeem there own self worth.

Why wouldn't you hope for players on this team to succeed. It would only benefit this whole team your a fan of. You want them to cut bait from a sub par QB draft to draft in the next one when the next one is getting compared to that same years sub par QB draft.

Is this your diabolical plan to have the next crusade against the next QB we draft?

This thread needs to die.

So now you're a self-proclaimed expert on NFL scouts and GM's?

I think you need to go in timeout. You're having your temper tantrums again. Mommy won't give you milk and cookies until you behave and learn to stop screaming like a child.

Do you mean currently? Or going forward? And how is that relevant to this discussion?

you do realize that your posting is having the exact opposite effect.

it bumps this thread to the top of the page and attracts more attention.

You do realize that this thread was 5 pages and going prior to my post and had almost 10 replies while I typed my first response calling for it to end.

My post did not change that.

And as I posted in response when you posted it yesterday: Aaron Maybin was the 11th overall pick in the 2009 draft, and he is long-gone.

Also, Whaley wasn't in the driver's seat until 2013 at the earliest. I will, however, say that his work since 2013 shows that he's got a good handle on talent evaluation IMO.

And I just edited this thread for clarity, let me restate it differently there is a 1st rounder still on the team EVERY season since 2008 .

Shouldn't all Bills fans be EJ fans since he's on the team?

I don't really understand the hate for a Bills draft pick who is in his second season. Some people on this board need to take constant shots at the kid. It's strange.

I agree. Especially considering all the pining for Fitz. He had 3 years of letting us down and half this board still seemed to think they pulled the plug too soon.

"well if you know so much why are you an NFL scout, GM blah blah blah". Um its a good ol' boys network. It doesn't matter what you know, its who you blow to get jobs there. And if you can't tell I am not great at kissing ass and I am not blowing anyone.

Nothing like bitterness and paranoid fantasies to get you through the day I guess...

"well if you know so much why are you an NFL scout, GM blah blah blah". Um its a good ol' boys network. It doesn't matter what you know, its who you blow to get jobs there. And if you can't tell I am not great at kissing ass and I am not blowing anyone.

Sure you are. You're blowing yourself.

Jordan Palmer! :lol:

none of this matters until you tell us what kind of car you drive.

Shouldn't all Bills fans be EJ fans since he's on the team?

I don't really understand the hate for a Bills draft pick who is in his second season. Some people on this board need to take constant shots at the kid. It's strange.

You spelled "stupid" wrong.

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

One of the more important parts...

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

Your posts are barely worth reading, and mostly not worth reading as they are a one track mind. Someone could be talking about a kicker and you will find a way to chime in such a way that slams EJ. So no offense, but just about anything you say on EJ is worth about as much as what I left in the toilet this morning.

EJ may or may not go on to have a good career...but to sit here and declare he will be a bust (or good for that matter) is ridiculous. Its like he slept with your girl or something. Why is a guy NOT starting still getting so much time and energy from bashers? I don't get it, its stupid, especially since he's not been a problem, working even harder, apparently improving in practice, and been a model teammate cheering hard for our success. You need to get over it already...

And EJ isn't a spread option QB...of course you would have to know something about EJ to know that, but you don't, you just blindly hate him and actually have no idea what you are talking about.

EJ is a QB who CAN run, RG3 is a QB who DOES run. There is a vast difference, but you would have to understand what a QB is and based on many of the QB posts you make, I don't think you understand the position or how to differentiate one from the other.

Steve Young, Alex Smith, John Elway, Donovan McNabb...these are guys who could run. Vick, RG3, Wilson, Kap, Cunningham...these are guys who DO run as part of their attack. EJ is in the mold of style as Young, McNabb, Elway, Smith are (NO, NOT COMPARING TALENT, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ETC JUST CATEGORY OF TYPE OF RUN STYLE) where they are a threat to run and scramble out of pressure and for yardage if need be, but aren't very often looking to run first. RG3 is a guy who's game features the read option prominently and looks to run to do damage.

So you've already shown what little you know about either EJ or the QB position or both...so pretty much anything else you say on the matter has little to no merit and you should just leave it be already as he's on the bench already.

Your posts are barely worth reading, and mostly not worth reading as they are a one track mind. Someone could be talking about a kicker and you will find a way to chime in such a way that slams EJ. So no offense, but just about anything you say on EJ is worth about as much as what I left in the toilet this morning.

EJ may or may not go on to have a good career...but to sit here and declare he will be a bust (or good for that matter) is ridiculous. Its like he slept with your girl or something. Why is a guy NOT starting still getting so much time and energy from bashers? I don't get it, its stupid, especially since he's not been a problem, working even harder, apparently improving in practice, and been a model teammate cheering hard for our success. You need to get over it already...

And EJ isn't a spread option QB...of course you would have to know something about EJ to know that, but you don't, you just blindly hate him and actually have no idea what you are talking about.

EJ is a QB who CAN run, RG3 is a QB who DOES run. There is a vast difference, but you would have to understand what a QB is and based on many of the QB posts you make, I don't think you understand the position or how to differentiate one from the other.

Steve Young, Alex Smith, John Elway, Donovan McNabb...these are guys who could run. Vick, RG3, Wilson, Kap, Cunningham...these are guys who DO run as part of their attack. EJ is in the mold of style as Young, McNabb, Elway, Smith are (NO, NOT COMPARING TALENT, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, ETC JUST CATEGORY OF TYPE OF RUN STYLE) where they are a threat to run and scramble out of pressure and for yardage if need be, but aren't very often looking to run first. RG3 is a guy who's game features the read option prominently and looks to run to do damage.

So you've already shown what little you know about either EJ or the QB position or both...so pretty much anything else you say on the matter has little to no merit and you should just leave it be already as he's on the bench already.

Nice work

I have not closed the book on EJ. He does have talent. He is a great kid and teammate.

I understand he is working hard. With any luck, he gets the time he needs to max out on his talent. I have no idea what his ceiling might be, but I honestly believe that he will improve and may end up being what we all had hoped he will be.

He plays like Kurt Russell in the first half of the game in The Best of Times. He needs to be more like Kurt Russell in the SECOND half of the game in The Best of Times. Is not enough to study the game, you need prose ams a little hate for the other team. Imho. Hope he can find that nastiness in himself. Edited by Tenhigh

You're basing your judgement of EJ Manuel on people who aren't EJ Manuel. That's great.

I'd also like to remind people: you think the Bills should sign Ray Rice as a "positive example," think Darryl Talley isn't telling the truth, manage to simultaneously hold the conflicting opinions that the Bills will go 10-6 and make the playoffs but the season is "FUBAR," think Spiller is both useless and should be traded, thinks Marrone is a good coach who wants to win and should be fired by the GM who's incompetent and should be fired, think the Bills red-zone problems will be fixed when Orton starts...

Most people practice idiocy as a hobby. You indulge it like a goddamn career. It's beautiful.

Oh, I thought that part about EJ was in the article. But that was just your expert opinion.

I am a little annoyed by that as well and do not want to waste anymore of my time on this thread.

C'mon man. This was bait and switch.