EJ fans read this.

Kellyto83TD

as many know, i'm no fan of EJ (being our #1 QB for this season).

but i'm still a supporter of his future as a solid #2 and a hopeful #1.

his salary cap for 2015 is $2.4 mil and for 2016 is $2.8 (very reasonable for a #2).

I will still be advocating for a "franchise" QB for our future (not named Orton or EJ).

I would let his rookie contract play out and hope he shows the improvements to be a #1.

I highly doubt whaley gives up on him.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I thought that part about EJ was in the article. But that was just your expert opinion.

LOL I thought the same.

It was a nice try though...

The odds are certainly against EJ ever becoming a QB with that "twitch" that makes it all work but he's not finished to RG3's level. He's a bright kid and working his ass off.

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

One of the more important parts...

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

Washington DC media / paper?

These guys whine worse than any Bills media radio or news print. WTF do they know about talent? AS a person who listens to them every day. they don't know Jack. Well except Chris Cooley and he know the Shins suck!!!

Their record is not much better than Buffalo's so what gives them the idea that they know what the hell they are talking about?

Hell, I wouldn't put it past them to try for a QB trade EJ for RG.

The EJ hate on this board is staggering. Its so sophmoric. Its like "the cool thing to do" to hate on EJ with some guys. I feel like im back in 9th grade with this crap.

Oh, and that guy in high school that you used to make fun of? He grew up to be more successful than you, his wife is better looking than yours and he makes more money than you. But oh yea, sure, EJ sucks.

Jeeze

+1

Does EJ have a problem with pocket presence? The only guy who used the term "slow eyes" was McShay, and reading defenses can be learned. I don't see the correlation, but then again, I'm not on a crusade.

YES, EJ does have a problem with pocket presence!!!!! NUF SAID!

Good trolling here. Make the thread title specific to a certain fan mindset/view to attract them in to read......then attack that view with irrelevant information and spurious logic.

I thought crusading, trolling and making threads for the specific purpose of annoying people was not allowed on this forum.

I too cannot understand how he has not been banned yet. I am hoping he has been warned but his crusade is still continuing

as many know, i'm no fan of EJ (being our #1 QB for this season).

but i'm still a supporter of his future as a solid #2 and a hopeful #1.

his salary cap for 2015 is $2.4 mil and for 2016 is $2.8 (very reasonable for a #2).

I will still be advocating for a "franchise" QB for our future (not named Orton or EJ).

I would let his rookie contract play out and hope he shows the improvements to be a #1.

I highly doubt whaley gives up on him.

You are correct in that Whaley will not give up on Manuel. But, Marrone might....or even already may have. Stay tuned....

You are correct in that Whaley will not give up on Manuel. But, Marrone might....or even already may have. Stay tuned....

that reminds me ....

Doug Whaley Assistant GM/Director of Pro Personnel was hired on February 10, 2010.

Did you know (I posted this yesterday somewhere) that since 2008 for the Bills there is at least one 1st Round Draft pick from each year still playing on the team? Yes, 2008 to 2014

That means that someone knows what the hell they are doing!!

edited for clarity

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

that reminds me ....

Doug Whaley Assistant GM/Director of Pro Personnel was hired on February 10, 2010.

Did you know (I posted this yesterday somewhere) that since 2008 EVERY 1st Round Draft pick for the Bills is still on the team? Yes, 2008 to 2014

What year was Maybin drafted ?

EJ being pulled early, being in a fairly low drama situation, playing behind a veteran, and having a good head on his shoulders is pretty different than RGIII's experience imo. EJ still has a chance, he might develop, he might not, but he's certainly a decent backup QB right now, and our starting QB is playing ok (seems to swing bad game to good game back and forth, unfortunately).

I will politely disagree, citing a former mobile quarterback and how he developed. - http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/11/21/steve-young-and-the-art-of-molding-a-mobile-quarterback/

A few excerpts:

When did the light bulb go on for you?

SY: Well, I was throwing the ball a lot (at BYU), so I had some concepts that were taught to me by (quarterbacks coach) Mike Holmgren in college. But I also ran around like crazy. Ironically, it was in the USFL with (Hall-of-Fame coach) Sid Gillman. People don’t remember that Sid Gillman was my coach. He was an old crotchety guy, but he was the first one to basically say, ‘You can’t just run around.’ … I remember, he literally tied my feet up. He got a rope and said ‘OK, you can’t go anywhere. What are you going to do? You can’t move. What’s your next plan?’ So that got me thinking about that.

When you ask me about when the light went on, he started me thinking about it. And the truth is, it really started when Bill (Walsh) got hold of me. Because when Bill got hold of me I remember him pulling me aside and saying ‘Steve, nobody knows where you are.’ And I’d go run for 10 yards, or I’d scramble around and throw the ball for a nice completion or something and he’d say, ‘That’s great. But nobody knows where you are. And the truth is, if you really want to make the most of it — get everything out of the play that I call. You left early. You didn’t explore every avenue or option. And people need to know where you are.’ And I remember thinking ‘Oh, crap. I better be where everyone expects me to be. And do everything that everyone expects me to do with this play. I’ve got to exhaust it.’

SY: That’s the problem. You have to have the right combination – Sid Gillman, Bill Walsh. You have to be in the right place with people that are really capable of teaching and forcing this issue. Rather than taking this great talent that you have and just saying, ‘Hey, let’s go work with this talent.’ You really have to have some real religion around this. And not everybody does, I don’t think. So that’s one pretty big filter that keeps people from doing this. And then a lot of young players, I could listen to Sid and Bill and I say, ‘OK, I get it, I get it.’ But then I’d get on the field and the ball’s got to move. It’s got to go. So because of that, you tend to not get this accomplished. And you may not be on the field long enough to master it. But I can see the truth in it.

SY: I do. But the hard part is – even for someone that’s played a long time – you’re never quite sure what they’re being taught. The fear I have is that coaches say ‘I’m not going to worry about all this development. I’ve got a guy that’s good at these things and I’m going with it.’ So I really hold the quarterback accountable, even though he’s not being asked to do all that.

But I’ve got to believe that Greg (Roman) and Jim (Harbaugh) are committed to this type of a process. I do see Colin doing some of that. But as a young player, that’s the hard part. He’s in the middle of a city, and a team and a locker room that knows ‘We should be in the Super Bowl.’ So it’s like, ‘OK, I’ve got to develop this new thing and I’ve got to take to take my team to the Super Bowl. So I’m going to do the things I’m really good at right now, rather than the things I might be good at later on.’

Thoughts?

that reminds me ....

Did you know (I posted this yesterday somewhere) that since 2008 EVERY 1st Round Draft pick for the Bills is still on the team? Yes, 2008 to 2014

And as I posted in response when you posted it yesterday: Aaron Maybin was the 11th overall pick in the 2009 draft, and he is long-gone.

Also, Whaley wasn't in the driver's seat until 2013 at the earliest. I will, however, say that his work since 2013 shows that he's got a good handle on talent evaluation IMO.

I will politely disagree, citing a former mobile quarterback and how he developed. - http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/11/21/steve-young-and-the-art-of-molding-a-mobile-quarterback/

A few excerpts:

Thoughts?

Coaching, coaching, those are my thoughts. Sid Gillman and Bill Walsh, really? Who's RGIII or EJ had?

Theres no doubt Whaley is a great talent evaluator. But as a GM, id rather Whaley step down and let a guy that isnt gonna trade away 1st round pics step in there. Id hope to keep Whaley with the team. I dont think hed get another GM job in the league anyways.

Marrone, i dont love the guy but hes got the team playing with some serious attitude, so i say give Marrone another year.

And finally, EJ. Hes definatly earned his spot on the roster in my eyes. May not be justified in the spot he was drafted, but hes a quality player that at least, will end up being a solid backup. So hang on to EJ.

Please Santa, bring us an offensive line for Christmas