EJ fans read this.

Kellyto83TD

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-jay-gruden-the-best-place-for-robert-griffin-iii-is-elsewhere/2014/12/03/911e0cde-7a69-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html

One of the more important parts...

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

Oh, I thought that part about EJ was in the article. But that was just your expert opinion.

Does EJ have a problem with pocket presence? The only guy who used the term "slow eyes" was McShay, and reading defenses can be learned. I don't see the correlation, but then again, I'm not on a crusade.

Does EJ have a problem with pocket presence? The only guy who used the term "slow eyes" was McShay, and reading defenses can be learned. I don't see the correlation, but then again, I'm not on a crusade.

McShay said Jevan Snead was a franchise QB.

Whoa...are you just asking that rhetorically?

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

I know that EJ didn't get injured as you wished; however, he is, in fact, not starting anymore - and hasn't for the last eight games. So, you start a thread to quote an article that has nothing to do with EJ, to let us all know that it isn't enough for EJ to not be starting, but you want him banished from the team completely?

Ok...

I have not closed the book on EJ. He does have talent. He is a great kid and teammate.

I understand he is working hard. With any luck, he gets the time he needs to max out on his talent. I have no idea what his ceiling might be, but I honestly believe that he will improve and may end up being what we all had hoped he will be.

Oh, I thought that part about EJ was in the article. But that was just your expert opinion.

I think the warnings were many here.

Don't reach for a QB in a poor quarterback year

Did anybody listen? No

We had to do it anyway.......and its time to pay for another quarterback mistake

Exactly. and you can see from the moronic posts above that these same folks that fought for RJ, JP, Trent etc are the same ones fighting and making excuses for another failure in EJ. One would think every Bills fan can look at a guy after a season and see he is nothing but the same thing as all the rest by now.

crusader.jpg

Until this latest epic failure by the front office to find a Franchise QB is gone.... yes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-jay-gruden-the-best-place-for-robert-griffin-iii-is-elsewhere/2014/12/03/911e0cde-7a69-11e4-9a27-6fdbc612bff8_story.html

Read what? An article about RG III? Thanks but I already subscribe to the Post. Not sure where the article connects to EJ, but rave on.