EJ fans read this.

Kellyto83TD

Good trolling here. Make the thread title specific to a certain fan mindset/view to attract them in to read......then attack that view with irrelevant information and spurious logic.

I thought crusading, trolling and making threads for the specific purpose of annoying people was not allowed on this forum.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not an "EJ fan" nor am I an "EJ Hater." Does one need to be on one category or the other? I'm a Bills fan. I hope he, or someone else becomes our franchise QB soon. I see no reason to stop developing him.

I agree. There is no other viable option at this point.

http://www.washingto...bff8_story.html

One of the more important parts...

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

Brees sucked, Kelly sucked, Aikmen sucked, Rapelisburger was brutal in his first superbowl which they won in spite of him, Sanchise couldn't play himseldf outta a wet paper bag......and EJ is a bust because this worthless excuse of an offensive staff didn't make him an all pro in less than one season? You sir are a Twit:)

The EJ hate on this board is staggering. Its so sophmoric. Its like "the cool thing to do" to hate on EJ with some guys. I feel like im back in 9th grade with this crap.

Oh, and that guy in high school that you used to make fun of? He grew up to be more successful than you, his wife is better looking than yours and he makes more money than you. But oh yea, sure, EJ sucks.

Jeeze

crusader.jpg

Yep, This

Brees sucked, Kelly sucked, Aikmen sucked, Rapelisburger was brutal in his first superbowl which they won in spite of him, Sanchise couldn't play himseldf outta a wet paper bag......and EJ is a bust because this worthless excuse of an offensive staff didn't make him an all pro in less than one season? You sir are a Twit:)

You missed Alex Smith. He was rated the #5 draft bust of all time until a coach with an offensive NFL mind took over SF in 2011 and started playing to his strengths.

Lo and behold, 13-3 season and he hasn't looked back, despite getting benched for Kaepernick when he had a strong start to his season and switching teams.

That was in his 6th year. Coaching makes a difference, the pieces around you make a difference, and experience makes a difference.

"Gruden has seen enough to realize that Griffin is at best a long-term project as a pocket passer. Griffin was too deliberate reading defenses, displayed poor footwork and an alarming lack of pocket presence for a signal-caller in his third NFL season"

EJ wasn't and isn't 1/10 th the Talent RGIII is and EJ has clearly shown he has the same issues AND more. EJ's biggest knocks were he can't read defenses, slow with his eyes, WR's must be wide open for him to make the throw. Nothing has changed since College with EJ.

If Washinton can cut bait with a guy they paid 3 first rounders for, we can cut bait now and not waste 2-3 more years on a guy who clearly doesn't have it.

And before the whining starts, Teams are realizing these spread, running QB's overall arent cutting it in the NFL. It is a very rare exception that they succeed at all (Russell Wilson).

For the life of me, I can't figure out why you posted this. Really, you thought you needed YET ANOTHER THREAD to tell everyone you think EJ sucks, but at the same time realized that people are so sick of your crusade that you had to tie it in to a story about a completely different quarterback to get people to pay attention to you?

All I can guess is that you didn't get hugged enough as a child.

Yep, This

More like this, really...

FrenchTaunt.jpg

Yep, This

You missed Alex Smith. He was rated the #5 draft bust of all timeuntil a coach with an offensive NFL mind took over SF in 2011 and started playing to his strengths.

Lo and behold, 13-3 season and he hasn't looked back, despite getting benched for Kaepernick when he had a strong start to his season and switching teams.

That was in his 6th year. Coaching makes a difference, the pieces around you make a difference, and experience makes a difference.

:thumbsup: This coaching staff would prefer to utilize a known red zone threat on special teams while the team stays near last in the red zone in TD's.

The offense regressed this year with a veteran QB under center. The O line regressed. The run game regressed. About the only thing that didn't regress was the amount of passes the baboon of an OC keeps calling every game.

Ej is sitting and learning more from watching Orton in game pregame preparation, pre-snap reads, and changing the called play at the line then he ever did under Can't Hackett.

In any event I think I'll wait to make any final considerations on how good or bad EJ is once the team hires a competent offensive staff. JMHO

More like this, really...

FrenchTaunt.jpg

Cam Newton's mother was a hamster and his father smells of elderberries and therefore EJ sucks and ain't never gonna amount to nothin'... hmm... I wonder if I should start a new thread on this topic since I'm using a farcical Cam Newton analogy instead of a misguided RG III analogy.

Does EJ have a problem with pocket presence? The only guy who used the term "slow eyes" was McShay, and reading defenses can be learned. I don't see the correlation, but then again, I'm not on a crusade.

I believe so. An example would be EJ having one of his worst games last year against a good Jets D. then he plays them again later in the year and he Has one of his best games. I think after he sees more defenses and gets experience he will get better. I am not sure if he is the franchise QB we want him to be, but I think he is going to stay on this team through his rookie contract at least. He didn't do that bad this season for a young QB. We needed better play though to contend for the playoffs for sure,

It's an interesting read. But if one read it there is simply no connection bewteen a third year pro who is struggling and too focused on self promotion to improve and a second year pro who is quietly developing behind the scenes to see what he can be.

I also didn't see where it said "greuden feel that rg3, like EJ manual...."

Lookie here, EJ is just like Akili Smith. EJ went out for a drink that one time and He had pressure on him. He's been called athletic too... Bust!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/28/akili-smith-thinks-johnny-manziels-going-down-familiar-road/

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

EJ's problem is not pocket presence, it's accurately getting balls to receivers and having a feel for what the game is about.

Maybe you aren't comparing them but have you watched the suckathon that is Orton's ball placement. He makes two or three well placed passes a game, PERIOD,Exclamation point. There are sub genres to his passing: The back shoulder slant, The Feragamo-esque into the dirt in front of the open receiver(usually reserved for Sammy in the red zone) The jump ball dump pass(stops the outlet backs momentum when they actually can catch it, The Delhome chuck anywhere near Woods and gets his ass saved by Woods on the pass, and finally, The feet of stone third down blitz coming wounded duck, especially good when done out of the end zone for a safety:(

Maybe you aren't comparing them but have you watched the suckathon that is Orton's ball placement. He makes two or three well placed passes a game, PERIOD,Exclamation point. There are sub genres to his passing: The back shoulder slant, The Feragamo-esque into the dirt in front of the open receiver(usually reserved for Sammy in the red zone) The jump ball dump pass(stops the outlet backs momentum when they actually can catch it, The Delhome chuck anywhere near Woods and gets his ass saved by Woods on the pass, and finally, The feet of stone third down blitz coming wounded duck, especially good when done out of the end zone for a safety:(

Even still, if you were to compare them Orton is way better. EJ mind doesn't process and you can see it...then he throws bad balls constantly. Orton's mind processes it a good deal of the time (although he has killed us on a some plays) and he is capable of placing a catchable ball.

Orton not being the best is no defense of EJ.

It must be awful to be you. To take an article that has NOTHING to do with EJ, and you have to turn it into something to further your crusade with. And mind you, your crusade is against a guy who took his benching with class, and has done nothing but be a supportive teammate and someone working hard to try and get back to where he was as the starter. Do you get some sick pleasure of kicking people when they're down?