RG 1+1+1

Biggest price-adjusted bust of all time? Not sure there's much of an argument there....Leaf/Jamarcus did not cost nearly the same.

The Red Hued Native Americans and their owner are a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

Their brilliant 2 QB draft - shat the bed and they now have DeSean going unfiltered which is always fun if you're not on that team. Gotta love that Snyder let this kid feel comfortable going over the 2-time SB winning HC's head.

Better them than us for once! :beer:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest price-adjusted bust of all time? Not sure there's much of an argument there....Leaf/Jamarcus did not cost nearly the same.

The Red Hued Native Americans and their owner are a dumpster fire of epic proportions.

Their brilliant 2 QB draft - shat the bed and they now have DeSean going unfiltered which is always fun if you're not on that team. Gotta love that Snyder let this kid feel comfortable going over the 2-time SB winning HC's head.

Mike Shanahan actually ruined this kids career.

Speaking of bad trades. The Rams paid a boatload for Tavon Austin who is so far (and was obviously going to be) just a guy.

How come the Rans get a pass.

I can't wait until the Browns end up in the same boat and their picks bust out.

Manziel is never going to crack a lineup in a Browns uniform and the only chance he has to redeem his team is when they trade him to some team stupid enough to covet him. I hope its the Jets.

Jason Gilbert could turn it around, rookies have a hard time at CB. So, maybe he'll not be awful.

Speaking of bad trades. The Rams paid a boatload for Tavon Austin who is so far (and was obviously going to be) just a guy.

How come the Rans get a pass.

Cuz there are no Rams fans here, and, besides, it wouldn't fit the narrative that the Buffalo Bills are the most inept franchise ever!

The Rams really have wasted away their spoil of riches from that trade.

As for RG3, really weird what happened there. He ran the table with a 3-6 team (with some help from Cousins) and was looking phenomenal. I mean, I know the injuries happened, but he just doesn't look the same.

RGIII at least had one epically good season, taking his team to the playoffs and setting a rookie record for a QB. Russell never accomplished anything.

I wish posts that contain easily accessible information which are 100% wrong were given points like I do when I mock them, it's not fair that this site is full of people incapable of using Google.

While I am not agreeing with the OP, I understand the concept. He's talking about paying three number ones and a number two and 21 million guarantee vs. Jamarcus one number one and 32 mil guarantee.

No truer words have been spoken than that right there. Its a shame too.

He did likely hurt him bad but IMO his style of play combined with his physique was never going to last in the NFL under any coach. He's way too slender to play the game he plays, and without the running, teams wouldn't play against him like they did when he was a rookie and let him stand back there and throw.

He did likely hurt him bad but IMO his style of play combined with his physique was never going to last in the NFL under any coach. He's way too slender to play the game he plays, and without the running, teams wouldn't play against him like they did when he was a rookie and let him stand back there and throw.

This.

And yet, all of that should have been (and indeed was) obvious to anyone who had eyes and sense when he was drafted, yet so many experts and non-experts refused to admit it then. :oops:

Cuz there are no Rams fans here, and, besides, it wouldn't fit the narrative that the Buffalo Bills are the most inept franchise ever!

I recall plenty of Bills fans calling them inept for not taking Austin! He was a pre-draft favorite here.

That's possible, no doubt, but there was always a chance he could get lucky and stay healthy. When Shanny sent him out there again, he doomed him. I don't care if "he said he could play," he's a 21 year old idiot.

I recall plenty of Bills fans calling them inept for not taking Austin! He was a pre-draft favorite here.

EVERYBODY is a pre-draft favorite, here. Every year, we, as fans, pick 250 players in the draft, and then when 3-5 of them that the Bills did not pick start to do well, the Bills get called incompetent for only picking 7 guys. Idiots.

There is no way I can ever call this a bust. Before he got hurt, most everybody was saying what a great trade it was, and how stupid the Rams were.

It's all been downhill since that playoff game. What a mess. I really thought he was going to be great.

I would still do that trade every time.

While I am not agreeing with the OP, I understand the concept. He's talking about paying three number ones and a number two and 21 million guarantee vs. Jamarcus one number one and 32 mil guarantee.

For further perspective on the dollars rg3 is 21m for 4 years. Jamarcus pulled in roughly 40m in 3 years (one of which was shortened by holdout).

His career coming to an end over 300 lbs and lying to coaches about studying film while he went to Vegas. JR came in at 1.6m per start with a qb rating of 65. while rg3 is already below 1m for the duration of his deal with a season and a half to go and has a qb rating over 90.

THE ONLY WAY Robert has a chance as an NFL QB is to become a pocket passer. Running QBs have a short life in the NFL. The read option was a one hit wonder. It's almost as dead as the wild cat.

Other running QBs have made the transition and done well such as Donovan McNabb and Randall Cunningham. Randall would have made it to the SB as a pocket passer if only Mosley could hit a FG.

THE ONLY WAY Robert has a chance as an NFL QB is to become a pocket passer. Running QBs have a short life in the NFL. The read option was a one hit wonder. It's almost as dead as the wild cat.

Other running QBs have made the transition and done well such as Donovan McNabb and Randall Cunningham. Randall would have made it to the SB as a pocket passer if only Mosley could hit a FG.

mark mosley? Wrong decade. How weird is it that mark mosley actually won an nfl mvp?

Actually, it now seems more clear than ever that he didn't.

Elaborate.

I think WEO is implying that the Shanahans were geniuses for managing to make RGIII look good for one season by coming up with a scheme that would mask his inability to run a traditional offense.

Elaborate.

He was injured at the end of his rookie year (for the second time). He had surgery. He came back in 2013 and was mediocre at best and was replaced by the end of the season. This year he again has proven fragile AND ineffective--all without Shanahan's involvement.

Turns out this guy isn't fit for the NFL game. Had one really good year of college ball though...

He was injured at the end of his rookie year (for the second time). He had surgery. He came back in 2013 and was mediocre at best and was replaced by the end of the season. This year he again has proven fragile AND ineffective--all without Shanahan's involvement.

Turns out this guy isn't fit for the NFL game. Had one really good year of college ball though...

Okay. Those things are all true. But you're missing one crucial part. He has looked timid and slow ever since he got hurt in the playoffs because of Shanny. I think we all expected a drop off after that great first year, but his injury has left him a shell of himself. RG3 again played in 2013 not fully healthy.

Edited by FireChan