RG 1+1+1

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg Gumbel didnt use the term for over three years and never told anyone and no one really knew. What an arrogant Look at me!

Are you reading what I'm saying?

Let it go man. I'm not going to make this into a debate

I don't know where you're coming from or what you are talking about. I tried to make it not about you by saying announcers. I guess you do want to say LOOK AT ME after all.

I am but no one seems to know what you mean. What is wrong with the Washington football team, and what's the difference between an announcer or a poster.

If an announcer or poster says Washington should play RG3, nobody notices that he didn't say Redskins. If he says "the Washington football team" it says Hey, look at me, I didn't say Redskins. You see what I did there!"

Would I have noticed if the Captin said Washington? No...........Did Gumbel say "The Washington football team?"

If an announcer or poster says Washington should play RG3, nobody notices that he didn't say Redskins. If he says "the Washington football team" it says Hey, look at me, I didn't say Redskins. You see what I did there!"

Would I have noticed if the Captin said Washington? No...........Did Gumbel say "The Washington football team?"

I see what you mean better but I don't see it as a look at me thing at all. Even if it was intentional to draw attention to it.

Speaking of bad trades. The Rams paid a boatload for Tavon Austin who is so far (and was obviously going to be) just a guy.

How come the Rans get a pass.

They gave up a 2nd and a 7th to move up and draft Austin? Not anywhere near a "boatload."

And if they had even an average QB, he would undoubtedly look much better.

Not to mention, the Bills drafted EJ Manuel in that scenario...which looks just as bad right about now.

In fact, the only contributing player the Bills got out of that deal was Kiko Alonso, who has been out for the entire year.

I am but no one seems to know what you mean. What is wrong with the Washington football team, and what's the difference between an announcer or a poster.

I saw it, knew exactly what it meant, and agreed whole heartedly. I thought about chiming in myself but didn't because I knew I'd have been far more insulting. If you don't get it that speaks poorly for you.

I've seen announcers say it that way. Mostly I hate Daniel Snyder so its more of a knock on him.

also this clip from the daily show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbYs7QagnDc

All those announcers are a bunch of PC kitties. If the name "Redskins" makes their vaginas hurt, they can abstain from saying it without reminding the rest of us that they have no dick.

Edited by Rob's House

I saw it, knew exactly what it meant, and agreed whole heartedly. I thought about chiming in myself but didn't because I knew I'd have been far more insulting. If you don't get it that speaks poorly for you.

All those announcers are a bunch of PC kitties. If the name "Redskins" makes their vaginas hurt, they can abstain from saying it without reminding the rest of us that they have no dick.

I don't care if the team is called the Redskins. I'm not against it at all. I even have two nieces who are Natives and one it bothers the **** out of and one it doesn't bother one bit. I do usually believe though that if something genuinely bothers a significant amount of people, even if it doesn't bother you it's probably best to change it. I don't, however, think at all that just because you take a political stand for something you believe in it is a Lamp stance. It isn't look at me, it's look at other people who are being affected. You feel different. Fine. Although your stance just above is a bigger dick post than most in this thread.

I don't care if the team is called the Redskins. I'm not against it at all. I even have two nieces who are Natives and one it bothers the **** out of and one it doesn't bother one bit. I do usually believe though that if something genuinely bothers a significant amount of people, even if it doesn't bother you it's probably best to change it. I don't, however, think at all that just because you take a political stand for something you believe in it is a Lamp stance. It isn't look at me, it's look at other people who are being affected. You feel different. Fine. Although your stance just above is a bigger dick post than most in this thread.

Sometimes I like to be a dick to people that piss me off, and self-righteous d-bags on some bull **** moral crusade piss me off quite a bit.

If someone doesn't like the term, or is uncomfortable saying it, or doesn't want to for whatever reason, that's fine with me. To each his own.

But to go the extra mile to actively announce in passing that they're refraining is a different story and worthy of ridicule.

When was the last time anyone referred to "The Buffalo football team" or "The Dallas football team"? Never. If not referring to team name it's just Buffalo or Dallas. Same with Washington - unless, of course, you're trying to communicate something else.

It's more annoying and worthy of ridicule because it's irrelevant to the point being discussed. It would be like if you were discussing the architecture of the WH and some dickhead kept calling it the Emperor's house to make sure everyone knows he thinks Obama fancies himself Emperor. If you were discussing politics it would be one thing, but when you slide your politics into a completely unrelated discussion it's another.

Edited by Rob's House

Sometimes I like to be a dick to people that piss me off, and self-righteous d-bags on some bull **** moral crusade piss me off quite a bit.

If someone doesn't like the term, or is uncomfortable saying it, or doesn't want to for whatever reason, that's fine with me. To each his own.

But to go the extra mile to actively announce in passing that they're refraining is a different story and worthy of ridicule.

When was the last time anyone referred to "The Buffalo football team" or "The Dallas football team"? Never. If not referring to team name it's just Buffalo or Dallas. Same with Washington - unless, of course, you're trying to communicate something else.

It's more annoying and worthy of ridicule because it's irrelevant to the point being discussed. It would be like if you were discussing the architecture of the WH and some dickhead kept calling it the Emperor's house to make sure everyone knows he thinks Obama fancies himself Emperor. If you were discussing politics it would be one thing, but when you slide your politics into a completely unrelated discussion it's another.

Except it's entirely a political issue, dickhead. ;)

Besides, I was not taking a political stance at all and you were responding to me. All I said was I didn't think it automatically was a look at me stance to take a stand. For some people it most assuredly is.

I wasn't trying to do a look at me and frankly I'm shocked its such a big deal to anyone the way I said it. I've seen it said that way and thought it was funny/ironic so I used it here. If you really think that I'm an attention seeking person, then you really don't know me at all.

I also find it amusing that you keep attacking me on this subject when I have said several times to drop it and I'm not going to debate it. This isn't PPP and I refuse to drive the thread in this direction. But the several posts calling me and announcers PC Wussies because of one line of text in this thread is much more of a "look at me I'm the tough guy thats gonna **** on the liberal PC bull ****". But thats JMO

Except it's entirely a political issue, dickhead. ;)

Besides, I was not taking a political stance at all and you were responding to me. All I said was I didn't think it automatically was a look at me stance to take a stand. For some people it most assuredly is.

I responded to you, but I clearly directed my ire at the announcers rather than you.

As to the political nature, the discussion was about RG3 when Captain Hindsight chimed in with "The Washington football team" which was his way of inserting his politics about the team name into a discussion about the team's QB.

I wasn't trying to do a look at me and frankly I'm shocked its such a big deal to anyone the way I said it. I've seen it said that way and thought it was funny/ironic so I used it here. If you really think that I'm an attention seeking person, then you really don't know me at all.

I also find it amusing that you keep attacking me on this subject when I have said several times to drop it and I'm not going to debate it. This isn't PPP and I refuse to drive the thread in this direction. But the several posts calling me and announcers PC Wussies because of one line of text in this thread is much more of a "look at me I'm the tough guy thats gonna **** on the liberal PC bull ****". But thats JMO

It's not just about you saying it. It's about people in general saying it. You say to keep it in PPP, but you're the one who brought it up. If you want to drop it that's fine. We'll drop it.

I responded to you, but I clearly directed my ire at the announcers rather than you.

As to the political nature, the discussion was about RG3 when Captain Hindsight chimed in with "The Washington football team" which was his way of inserting his politics about the team name into a discussion about the team's QB.

You decided that was me making this into a political issue. I have no interest in discussing the team name. There are many threads where we have done that and my feelings are expressed there.

Sorry mods that it went this way. Not my intention.

RG3 sucks. Thats what this thread should be about

It's not just about you saying it. It's about people in general saying it. You say to keep it in PPP, but you're the one who brought it up. If you want to drop it that's fine. We'll drop it.

I asked twice earlier and apparently you didn't get it. I made a statement and you and bbb choose to make it about politics. That was your decision, not mine Edited by Captain Hindsight

I asked twice earlier and apparently you didn't get it. I made a statement and you and bbb choose to make it about politics. That was your decision, not mine

I know you didn't mean to take it there and I was going to let it go before Kelly chimed in.

Saying "The Washington football team" is necessarily a passive aggressive shot at the name and a declaration of moral superiority on the issue. I realize that maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's what it is. Nothing personal against you.

I know you didn't mean to take it there and I was going to let it go before Kelly chimed in.

Saying "The Washington football team" is necessarily a passive aggressive shot at the name and a declaration of moral superiority on the issue. I realize that maybe you didn't mean it that way, but that's what it is. Nothing personal against you.

Fair enough. I felt you were personally attacking me even after I explained myself. I was trying to use the term in jest after seeing it on the daily show but apparently I sparked a political debate.

Again, not my intention

RG3 sucks

Fair enough. I felt you were personally attacking me even after I explained myself. I was trying to use the term in jest after seeing it on the daily show but apparently I sparked a political debate.

Again, not my intention

RG3 sucks

I think we can all agree that RG3 sucks.

Actually that's more of a moral superiority of yours. ;)

Oh and here is an article that calls them the Dallas football team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/mark-cuban-jumps-on-the-cowboys-bandwagon/

And here's one for the Buffalo football team.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/08/06/jon-bon-jovi-move-on-already/

And RG3 sucks. And Colt McCoy sucks. And Kirk Cousins sucks.

Actually that's more of a moral superiority of yours. ;)

Oh and here is an article that calls them the Dallas football team.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/19/mark-cuban-jumps-on-the-cowboys-bandwagon/

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2014/08/06/jon-bon-jovi-move-on-already/

And RG3 sucks. And Colt McCoy sucks. And Kirk Cousins sucks.

Mine's moral outrage. There's a subtle difference.

Yup, that's where I was coming from. And, I honestly wanted to know if this is the way announcers who have declared they are not going to use Redskins are now saying it.

I'm sure Gumbel didn't do it for those 3 years that nobody knew he wasn't saying Redskins. I looked it up yesterday, and I couldn't find out what he did use, but the one thing he said is "I'm not a guy who feels like I need to have a press conference to say that I'm not going to say that name." I bet he just said Washington and nobody ever noticed.

I like the Captain, and was trying not to get personal. That's why I was referring more to announcers.

http://tampa.cbsloca...ove-on-already/

WTF - I just got Rick rolled!

@Grantland33

What's Next for RG3? @billbarnwell has some possible destinations http://gran.tl/1rbZyQb

Buffalo Bills: The Bills are probably the team most desperate to acquire a veteran quarterback in free agency. While Buffalo fans will probably note that the team is now 6-5 and has a 4-3 record with Kyle Orton at the helm, the Bills still have to play the Broncos, Packers, and Patriots over the final five weeks. It would be a shocker if they finished even 8-8.

Orton is under contract for 2015, but the Bills would still be wise to at least consider going after competition. Having dealt their first-round pick to acquire Sammy Watkins, Buffalo would likely be more desperate to find a quarterback and send a mid-round pick Washington’s way in the hopes of procuring RG3. With Buffalo tucked away safely in the AFC, the Bills might also be one of the few landing spots Washington prefers.

Agreed. The season is already lost and it's not like Colt McCoy is some secret star waiting for his breakout. Or is he?

Maybe they're wondering, too. They should have let McCoy play one more game after he beat the Cowboys. I think the Skins then had a bye week, so RGIII could have had all that time to heal. (I think Snyder made the call, though)