RG 1+1+1

I agree...... but you only really get any benefit of that if there is a genuine chance that they move on from RGIII if the performances don't get any better. The old phrase that if you have 2 starting quarterbacks you have no starting quarterbacks apples to the Redskins at the moment..... they have a really confused situation back there. If you are sticking with RGIII long term no matter what then at some point you gotta decide between Cousins and McCoy as the back up.

As a season ticket holder of the Redskins with a chance to view him every game when is is playing, I think RG3 will be fine. The Skins need an offensive line especially in the middle (like the Bills). Once the line solidifies he will be very good. If the Redskins give up on him their will be a long line waiting to get him. My issue with RG3 is that he seems to be injury prone. Edited by VADC Bills

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a season ticket holder of the Redskins with a chance to view him every game when is is playing, I think RG3 will be fine. The Skins need an offensive line especially in the middle (like the Bills). Once the line solidifies he will be very good. If the Redskins give up on him their will be a long line waiting to get him. My issue with RG3 is that he seems to be injury prone.

I agree he needs better protection. I'm not sure I agree that given it he will be fine, but that isn't my point in the above post. My point is that the benefit to sticking with him throughout the rest of this season is that you get to make a proper, informed, decision about the future. If the reality is that the decision is basically already made then I think it undermines the benefits somewhat.

Played wreckless and took too many hits. He'd take on linebackers and safeties with a full head of steam, rather than go out of bounds when he already had the first down. Which was just crazy. When forced to be a pocket passer he's just so-so.... not a great arm, not great vision ... i.e. backup material. Which if not for the legacy is exactly what he'd be right now.

Edited by JTSP

I've not like RG. He's imature, doesn't read offenses well, his comments about other players really hacked off his coach, using the media against Shanahan, and so on.

I don't see the Rams as squandering though. If you look at their defensive front, they are pretty darn good, and their line is getting better. They just beat the Broncos. Maybe there is hope for us. Oh, that's right they have Jeff Fisher and we have Meathead Marrone. Sorry, I couldn't resist as my patience after 1.5 years has finally worn out with Marrone.

He'd better fire Hacket at the end of the year and get a very experienced OC who can do something with our talent.

What talent??

As Brian Billick pointed out in his article, Gruden is not exactly handling this situation well. Publicly throwing your players under the bus is not the way to earn their respect and commitment. If he really wants to continue to work with RGIII and try to get him to improve then he just made it much harder to deal with him.

As Brian Billick pointed out in his article, Gruden is not exactly handling this situation well. Publicly throwing your players under the bus is not the way to earn their respect and commitment. If he really wants to continue to work with RGIII and try to get him to improve then he just made it much harder to deal with him.

Every week Gruden's is looking more like a "one-and-done" coach in Washington.

More money maybe. Otherwise it's an argument over who's poop smells better.

I live in the MD/DC area and have seen him play. RGIII is immensely more talented than Colt McCoy. That is not to say that he has outperformed McCoy this year. Not trying to overstate the situation but as it stands RGIII is a broken player who has lost his confidence and his minimal fundamentals have deteriorated. What this confused and pyschologically battered player needs more than anything is a timeout where he can step back and in practice work on his game.

There is no doubt that at this time this insufferable Diva is overwhelmed and lost. Instead of working on his game he spent too much time and effort on establishing his "brand". Just maybe this brutal beating he has been taking on the field, in the media and within his own locker room will humble him enough to get back working on his game.

The people who say he can't become a very good qb didn't watch him play his rookie year. He has a tremendous arm and he is accurate, at least in his rookie year he possessed it. If the Skins prematurely give up on him another franchise will reap the dividends of their foolishness.

Although he is understandably receiving the brunt of the criticisms for his team's collapse there is plenty of blame to go around. His OL is in shambles and the defense is a disaster. Getting some of the other broken pieces fixed will be a major factor in him getting back on track.

I live in the MD/DC area and have seen him play. RGIII is immensely more talented than Colt McCoy. That is not to say that he has outperformed McCoy this year. Not trying to overstate the situation but as it stands RGIII is a broken player who has lost his confidence and his minimal fundamentals have deteriorated. What this confused and pyschologically battered player needs more than anything is a timeout where he can step back and in practice work on his game.

There is no doubt that at this time this insufferable Diva is overwhelmed and lost. Instead of working on his game he spent too much time and effort on establishing his "brand". Just maybe this brutal beating he has been taking on the field, in the media and within his own locker room will humble him enough to get back working on his game.

The people who say he can't become a very good qb didn't watch him play his rookie year. He has a tremendous arm and he is accurate, at least in his rookie year he possessed it. If the Skins prematurely give up on him another franchise will reap the dividends of their foolishness.

Although he is understandably receiving the brunt of the criticisms for his team's collapse there is plenty of blame to go around. His OL is in shambles and the defense is a disaster. Getting some of the other broken pieces fixed will be a major factor in him getting back on track.

Cossell watches film all day. This was his conclusion.

What top draft pick QB has ever fallen apart so quickly and then be completely rehabilitated by the same or another team?

The problem for RG3 is he lost a lot of that athleticism since his 1st year in DC. The injuries plus the read option stuff is not a surprise anymore. So basically he's not beating defenses with his legs and he's not making great decisions as a pocket passer. Way too many sacks are on him.

He has a tremendous arm and he is accurate, at least in his rookie year he possessed it. If the Skins prematurely give up on him another franchise will reap the dividends of their foolishness.

I'd like to see a breakdown of his completion %s from inside the pocket and from outside the pocket and the ypa attached. My take, upon watching him, is that his accuracy on anything over 5 yards from the pocket really falls off. Once he gets outside the pocket and he is not feeling the pressure (real or imagined) from rushers his accuracy holds up better throwing down the field. His completion percentages are pretty decent still this year, but I don't see him making good decisions and being accurate with the football from the pocket. I am just not sure he has what it takes to be a genuine pocket passer at the NFL level, which means you have to run a constantly gimmicky offense in order for him to excel.

In his rookie season, RG3 played in a gimmick offense that did not require him to sit back in pocket and read a defense. Read option offenses don't work anymore. And RG3 hasn't been able to adjust to that.

@nflnetwork: From @Rapsheet: Gruden received "positive feedback" for RGIII press conference. Also has ability to bench RGIII.

"Anything is possible."

@RapSheet: The landscape has changed for RGIII. No more special rules for him, including his family essentially having all-access to the facility.

@nflnetwork: From @Rapsheet: Gruden received "positive feedback" for RGIII press conference. Also has ability to bench RGIII.

"Anything is possible."

@RapSheet: The landscape has changed for RGIII. No more special rules for him, including his family essentially having all-access to the facility.

RGIII sees privileges end in D.C., isn't locked in as starter

What top draft pick QB has ever fallen apart so quickly and then be completely rehabilitated by the same or another team?

I am a big fan of Greg Cossell. I respect his opinion very much. The film he is commenting on regarding RGIII is the current film. There is no doubt that RGIII as it stands is a broken player. Everything about his game from his decision-making, footwork and fundamentals is in a shambles. However, being a lost soul doesn't mean that it is lost for perpetuity. In his rookie year he demonstrated, especially in the second-half of the season, that he is a dynamic player that can dramatically impact the game. He demonstrated in hiis rookie year that he has a powerful arm and that he is very accurate. There is no doubt that he was still a very unrefined player but the talent was obvious.

Can he regain his confidence and learn the fundaments that are necessary to be successful in this league? That is the unanswered question. I'm confident that the HC in Philly would love to have the opportunity to work with him. Sometimes a change of sceneray and a fresh start will do wonders to resuscitate a floundering career. I strongly caution you to not be too premature in your assessment.

Drew Brees, Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner,come to mind that they weren't instant successes yet they turned around their careers.

I am a big fan of Greg Cossell. I respect his opinion very much. The film he is commenting on regarding RGIII is the current film. There is no doubt that RGIII as it stands is a broken player. Everything about his game from his decision-making, footwork and fundamentals is in a shambles. However, being a lost soul doesn't mean that it is lost for perpetuity. In his rookie year he demonstrated, especially in the second-half of the season, that he is a dynamic player that can dramatically impact the game. He demonstrated in hiis rookie year that he has a powerful arm and that he is very accurate. There is no doubt that he was still a very unrefined player but the talent was obvious.

Can he regain his confidence and learn the fundaments that are necessary to be successful in this league? That is the unanswered question. I'm confident that the HC in Philly would love to have the opportunity to work with him. Sometimes a change of sceneray and a fresh start will do wonders to resuscitate a floundering career. I strongly caution you to not be too premature in your assessment.

Drew Brees, Rich Gannon and Kurt Warner,come to mind that they weren't instant successes yet they turned around their careers.

None of those guys were top picks. Brees was a second rounder and Warner was underrated

None of those guys were top picks. Brees was a second rounder and Warner was underrated

The point I am stressing is that these players took time to develop as qbs. It really doesn't matter how high or low you are drafted. There are various developmental schedules for players. As I stated to WEO just because a player is currently struggling it doesn't mean that he is not salvageable, especially if he exhibited demonstrable production in his rookie year.

I guarantee it that the innovative HC for the Eagles would love to have an opportunity to work with RGIII. What I am stressing is that what is broken now doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be fixed.

The point I am stressing is that these players took time to develop as qbs. It really doesn't matter how high or low you are drafted. There are various developmental schedules for players. As I stated to WEO just because a player is currently struggling it doesn't mean that he is not salvageable, especially if he exhibited demonstrable production in his rookie year.

I guarantee it that the innovative HC for the Eagles would love to have an opportunity to work with RGIII. What I am stressing is that what is broken now doesn't necessarily mean that it can't be fixed.

I don't doubt the dudes talent. Jay Gruden is a good coach and so is Shanny. If they can't get him to understand his reads, maybe its not coaching. There are many many many reports questioning the dudes work ethic and that is something only the player can improve. This is all on RG3. He needs to decide he is going to be a great player. He isn't the best athlete anymore, can he develop into a passer or not? Thats on him

I agree he needs better protection. I'm not sure I agree that given it he will be fine, but that isn't my point in the above post. My point is that the benefit to sticking with him throughout the rest of this season is that you get to make a proper, informed, decision about the future. If the reality is that the decision is basically already made then I think it undermines the benefits somewhat.

Totally agree....Sounds like the EJ experiment.

This is a stupid question. It doesn't need "and then be completely rehabilitated by the same or another team?"

This is totally unique as far as I can tell. What other quarterback was a superstar his rookie year, blew out his knee in the playoffs, and then became a shell of himself the next two years?

Sounds like the Washington football team is done giving him special treatment. He needs to perform or he is done. He keeps missing wide open receivers, but people seem to think RG3 can recover. Not sure I see it happening. If he is missing reads 3 years into his NFL, then he is about done IMO

Is this how people/announcers are referring to the Redskins so as to not say the word Redskins?

If so, if instead of those four words, you said Washington, I would never have noticed it. But, saying those four words says to me - Hey, look at me, I'm not saying Redskins!

Is this how people/announcers are referring to the Redskins so as to not say the word Redskins?

If so, if instead of those four words, you said Washington, I would never have noticed it. But, saying those four words says to me - Hey, look at me, I'm not saying Redskins!

I've seen announcers say it that way. Mostly I hate Daniel Snyder so its more of a knock on him.

also this clip from the daily show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbYs7QagnDc