What show to start?

The Underdog

Making a Murderer is outstanding. Should be required viewing for everyone. It really exposes the potential for corruption within the criminal justice system.

Finished The Shield and it was simply AMAZING. It is the best final season and final episode of any show I have seen.

Best series ever, IMO. Great characters, great storylines, and never jumped the shark.

sigh.... :(:ph34r:

When this was posted, i was saying crap, wtf. The rest of the season I am waiting for him to die. Carrie shoots him, crap he's dead. The jihad dude attacks him, crap he's dead. He get's gassed, crap he's dead. He would definitely had wanted for them to try and wake him up and pull the plug. He will be missed, but it was a very entertaining season.

i was disappointed in season2 ...hate when comedies try to "tackle" a serious issue ..Season 1 was awesome!

I thought most of season 2 was even better than season 1 -- but I agree the 'serious' topic got a bit heavy handed for those couple episodes. But they wrapped it up very well.

I'm slowly finishing up Jessica Jones right now on Netflix. They've done a great job creating a very creepy villain there.

Agreed. Though, I forget the exact episode I want to say 8, the season kind of crumbles a bit for the final few episodes -- though the finale was fun/positive in terms of season 2.

Agreed. Though, I forget the exact episode I want to say 8, the season kind of crumbles a bit for the final few episodes -- though the finale was fun/positive in terms of season 2.

I think you may be describing exactly where I am right now. I don't know what is next, but it's not very clear where the story is going to go at this point.

I think you may be describing exactly where I am right now. I don't know what is next, but it's not very clear where the story is going to go at this point.

It's worth finishing, I just know the last few episodes were messy and didn't hold up as well. Not really a spoiler below but just in case:

The biggest consistency issue I had from a narrative perspective is about her powers though. There's an episode where the neighbor (the tiny woman who can't weigh more than 110 pounds) hits Jessica with a 2x4 and knocks her out cold for a whole day -- but later she gets hit by a car, punctures her liver, and doesn't miss a beat. I never read the comics, so I'm a neophyte, but I saw that as a symptom of the writers sacrificing logic to push the story forward.

When this was posted, i was saying crap, wtf. The rest of the season I am waiting for him to die. Carrie shoots him, crap he's dead. The jihad dude attacks him, crap he's dead. He get's gassed, crap he's dead. He would definitely had wanted for them to try and wake him up and pull the plug. He will be missed, but it was a very entertaining season.

yeah sorry for posting that, he was a great character, one of my favorites...I love this show, but the first half of this season was brutally show IMO, then got much, much better.

also shout out to whoever suggested Marco Polo...great series so far!

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2 of Man Seeking Woman started up a couple weeks ago. After starting slow last year, it picked up pretty well by the end of the season. This season has started off really well. Very crude show, but very funny.

Anyone watching the new series "The Expanse" on SyFy? Based on the novels, though I haven't read them, supposed to be good. Wife and I have watched the first four or five episodes and I'm pretty impressed. I think they do a really good job with the characters and the atmosphere, and the plot has us hooked pretty good.

Season 2 of Man Seeking Woman started up a couple weeks ago. After starting slow last year, it picked up pretty well by the end of the season. This season has started off really well. Very crude show, but very funny.

Just started to DVR this show this year... The first two shows were hilarious. But that Jay dude always make me laugh.

For Aiplane ( the movie$ fans, there is a show on TBS that has that same type of humor. The title is Angie Trbecca, stars Rashida Jones and produced by Steve Carrell. Monday nights I think.

Again, very silly, punny, type humor. But if you have a juvenile mind like me, just perfect.

Anyone watching the new series "The Expanse" on SyFy? Based on the novels, though I haven't read them, supposed to be good. Wife and I have watched the first four or five episodes and I'm pretty impressed. I think they do a really good job with the characters and the atmosphere, and the plot has us hooked pretty good.

I'm watching the Expanse. First few episodes were slow and I almost gave up on it. But I"m glad that I stuck with it as it has gotten pretty good

Another SyFy original that I just binged on Netflix: Dark Matter.

I've been watching it as well. Thomas Jane's haircut drives me crazy, but otherwise it's been fairly entertaining even if it's just basically Hunt For Red October in space.

Wet Hot American summer on Netflix. Amazing stuff.

I'm usually a guy who will give a show 3 or so episodes to catch on with me. I made it through one of this and decided I'd seen enough.

Colony

"It's post apocalyptical America but instead of the usual total devastation it's martial law with curfews, police brutality and forced labor . The plot has Will Bowman (Josh Holloway - Lost) trying to find his son who was separated into a labor camp, but he gets caught and when the powers that be find out that he was special forces they hire him to fight the resistance - or have him and his all family forced to work in the "Factory". His wife (Sarah Wayne Callies - Walking Dead, Prison Break) is reluctant at first but once they get certain "luxuries" to sweeten the deal she is all in. However she is really working for the resistance and now plans on using her husband for insider information."

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184572-colony/

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Colony

"It's post apocalyptical America but instead of the usual total devastation it's martial law with curfews, police brutality and forced labor . The plot has Will Bowman (Josh Holloway - Lost) trying to find his son who was separated into a labor camp, but he gets caught and when the powers that be find out that he was special forces they hire him to fight the resistance - or have him and his all family forced to work in the "Factory". His wife (Sarah Wayne Callies - Walking Dead, Prison Break) is reluctant at first but once they get certain "luxuries" to sweeten the deal she is all in. However she is really working for the resistance and now plans on using her husband for insider information."

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184572-colony/

Are there aliens in this show? I'm curious to check it out but it'll be a week or so before I get the time.

I know it was mentioned earlier, but for anyone who is still looking for a show, and has yet to see "Fargo"...it is fantastic. I watched the entire first season, and am 7 episodes through season two. For me, it is in that "cut above"t the rest...maybe the best thing on tv right now (or Mr Robot)...but, of course, I say that realizing there are just too many good shows on tv right now, to keep up with them all. For me, it is somewhere in that "Sopranos", "Breaking Bad", "Mad Men", "Boardwalk Empire" zone...can't recommend it enough. I realize, I am late to the party. I kept hearing how outstanding season two was, and was assured by others that watching season 1 was not necessary to fully enjoy season 2. Probably true, but I am a completionist... so I watched season 1, and was blown away...couldn't imagine season two being a lot better...so far though...wow!

Season 2 of Fargo >>>>>> anything on tv for last 10 years.

Must watch for all imo.

I have definitely heard that this is a phenomenal show. May have to look into it.