What show to start?

The Underdog

Hey everybody... I was wondering what shows you guys recommend. I'm looking to start a new series and I have it narrowed down to a few. As much as I love Modern Family and The Office, I'm looking to watch a more serious series. I have already seen Breaking Bad and loved it. I think i have it narrowed down to:

1. Homeland (but I heard the 1st season is amazing but then it really tails off)

2. True Detective (heard its really good but also really weird)

3. The Americans

Any input you guys have would be cool, if you have seen any of them (don't give too much away, haha). Also open to any other suggestions if there is a show that you would consider a "must see."

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the input, sounds like True Detective is pretty good. Haha it might be good that its only 8 episodes, I have a tendancy to get addicted to a series and spend way too much time watching.

Binge watching it will be better than watching in real time like most did. The first few episodes will feel slow, but it builds and pays off.

As stated earlier...from your list I would go true detective. I am currently on season 5 of Sons of Anarchy. Great show that I would put in my top 5 of all time.

Netflix originals House of Cards and Orange is the New Black are terrific shows both entering their 3rd seasons. I highly recommend House of Cards...Kevin Spacey is amazing in it.

Of course Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire are must watch series if you haven't already.

Hey everybody... I was wondering what shows you guys recommend. I'm looking to start a new series and I have it narrowed down to a few. As much as I love Modern Family and The Office, I'm looking to watch a more serious series. I have already seen Breaking Bad and loved it. I think i have it narrowed down to:

1. Homeland (but I heard the 1st season is amazing but then it really tails off)

3. The Americans

Any input you guys have would be cool, if you have seen any of them (don't give too much away, haha). Also open to any other suggestions if there is a show that you would consider a "must see."

Thanks guys!

Out of those 3, my first choice would be True Detective.

Other must see tv series would be Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, Sons Of Anarchy, The Wire and Band of Brothers

i actually really like "the americans" on fx as well but i agree "true detectives" is the best of the three listed. we've enjoyed "longmire" about a sheriff in the west bordering an indian rez. just marathon watched wb's "the 100" on netflix on a snowy cacooning saturday. thought it was surprisingly compelling and have started the second season on now. have liked many of the others mentioned here as well. since hbo is included, i liked "silicon valley" and "the newsroom" as well.

Edited by birdog1960

3. The Americans

The Americans is drivel (I watched an entire season and want that time back). Homeland is truly excellent. I am looking forward to watching True Detective.