Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

La Confora isn't talking about the same so-called altercation (funny, only one of the reporters present for that one came up with a report, too). The one Rodak tweeted about was on the practice field in front of players. So no, it meant nothing.

Why do you think it is not the same argument?

Arguments are not uncommon within NFL meeting rooms, and disagreements and debate can be healthy, but the nature of this episode -- not quarantined to a back room, and within the vicinity of players at practice -- struck several witnesses as highly unusual, as well as the fact it escalated from one official to the next.

Seems to me this was also on the practice field in front of players.

Edited by Captain Caveman

pretty sure that's not what Marrone said.

jw

also not sure whether Monos was present.

I would doubt that he'd say "fire me" (he may be a big O line guy but he doesn't seem stupid). The Picture that the twitter guy posted didn't have Monos in it, that I could see.

i'm not saying that something didn't happen, or that words were exchanged. i'm told that the word "fired" was never used. it was something else.

jw

...what was it? <_<

Name one non winning season coach that got into multiple reported arguments with his GM/President and didn't get fired.

Unless you think Marrone getting canned is a good thing.

Also, can we take a step back a recognize the HUGE Bills bias towards this story? If this was the Jets or Phins, we'd be calling them dumpster fires, and laughing our way into the season.

You can't tell me with certainty that it doesn't happen else where. Your argument is a zero.

I work with the media. I hate the media (Wawrow, you're cool). I can smell a misleading story from a mile away.

Why do you think it is not the same argument?

Rodak's pic was from the practice field. La Confora's story supposedly took place inside offices.

It's unfortunate that reporters can hide behind statements like "sources around the league" and never have to come up with one concrete piece of evidence for a story. That "St. Doug" nonsense is so out there one can only imagine that if it was even said in the first place it was in jest or in a moment of frustration.

Remember how Dareus stood up there and gave a heartfelt statement about how much he loves playing for Marrone?

Things don't add up, people.

I'll wait for Kirby to provide some more insight.

Rodak's pic was from the practice field. La Confora's story supposedly took place inside offices.

One of us is misreading the article. I'm pretty sure it's you. He's saying it was not in a back room, but "within the vicinity of players at practice."

Arguments are not uncommon within NFL meeting rooms, and disagreements and debate can be healthy, but the nature of this episode -- not quarantined to a back room, and within the vicinity of players at practice -- struck several witnesses as highly unusual, as well as the fact it escalated from one official to the next.

jw

jw

Don't ruin the fun of gross speculation with your inside knowldge John.

Not damage control, there are issues. I don't have the details (yet) but this story as it's told isn't accurate.

With all due respect on this one, even if your source is Russ Brandon himself what else is he going to say?

"Yeah Kirby the coach walks around calling himself Saint Doug. It's pretty crazy! Things are a mess!"

...what was it? <_<

You can't tell me with certainty that it doesn't happen else where. Your argument is a zero.

I work with the media. I hate the media (Wawrow, you're cool). I can smell a misleading story from a mile away.

Can you tell me with certainty that it does happen elsewhere? Why aren't there misleading stories about every team?

The only thing I know, is that when arguments get REPORTED between a 6-10 coach and his bosses, it means a firing is imminent. Ask Chudzinski.

You're argument is basically, "you don't have 100% proof that this means something, so I don't care." No one has 100% proof on anything. You're just trying to downplay everything that happens and is reported for some odd reason.

...what was it? <_<

So it was leaked by a Bills employee? :thumbdown:

I really liked the Marrone hire but liking him less and less every day

I did not like the Marrone hire and I like it even less every day.

Maybe Pegula should clean house..........

CBF

Big time. And everyone knows it is coming if the Bills don't perform well this year.

Or may be everyone taking this 'incident' at face-value as 'bad' can explain how they're certain this is 'bad' relative to how the other 31 teams operate.

If you need this explained to you then you should not be allowed on a computer.

Serious questions: Do you believe the coach has a right to get on the FO for not getting him the players he wants, as well as the FO getting on Marrone for not evaluating/playing players properly? Or do you think they should all shut them hell up and do their individual jobs?

Disagreements and even heated arguments can be healthy as long as they are professional and in the proper setting. They should never be be in front of players, media, etc. And this one wasn't professional.

This doesn't look like good chemistry like they have in Seattle. :cry:

Hilarious. Thanks for the levity. I know I needed that.

If you read the article, it sounds like it was an argument from practice, not inside offices.

That's what I thought but someone posted it was within the offices.

This story, regardless of how true or how much speculation is involved, is likely irrelevant. With new ownership coming in, Marrone is likely going to stay if he has a winning season or makes the playoffs and likely gone if he has a losing season anyway.

With all due respect on this one, even if your source is Russ Brandon himself what else is he going to say?

"Yeah Kirby the coach walks around calling himself Saint Doug. It's pretty crazy! Things are a mess!"

The point is that it isn't just an incident. There is some tension (and pressure) for sure everywhere. They are either going to rally around it (ie the bickering Bills) or they are going to crumble because of it. This is not the kind of story that you want 2 days before the start of the season.

Well, we have confirmation that Marrone yelled to Brandon "Go ahead and __________ me."

any ideas. I can think of a number of possibilities, but some cant be posted

"kiss" and after "me" he added "you fool."

One of us is misreading the article. I'm pretty sure it's you. He's saying it was not in a back room, but "within the vicinity of players at practice."

Ha, yeah. First sentence makes it pretty clear! No clue where I got that idea. :bag:

Can you tell me with certainty that it does happen elsewhere? Why aren't there misleading stories about every team?

The only thing I know, is that when arguments get REPORTED between a 6-10 coach and his bosses, it means a firing is imminent. Ask Chudzinski.

You're argument is basically, "you don't have 100% proof that this means something, so I don't care." No one has 100% proof on anything. You're just trying to downplay everything that happens and is reported for some odd reason.

Okay. Then we'll wait for the 6'10" coach to get fired.

If you need this explained to you then you should not be allowed on a computer.

Thanks for the insight. Once you grow up and spend more time around adults, you'll learn that men, especially powerful men, especially powerful men working in high stress jobs for billion-dollar organizations, tend to argue.