Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

Thanks for being JW's parrot. You have some value after all. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just had to make sure your baseless speculation didn't pass through unabated.

"kiss" and after "me" he added "you fool."

Ha, yeah. First sentence makes it pretty clear! No clue where I got that idea. :bag:

Okay. Then we'll wait for the 6'10" coach to get fired.

Thanks for the insight. Once you grow up and spend more time around adults, you'll learn that men, especially powerful men, especially powerful men working in high stress jobs for billion-dollar organizations, tend to argue.

Powerful men also tend to fire other, less-powerful men, when they feel they cannot work with them, or when they need a scapegoat.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, I just had to make sure your baseless speculation didn't pass through unabated.

Powerful men also tend to fire other, less-powerful men, when they feel they cannot work with them, or when they need a scapegoat.

May be you missed it the first time: then we'll wait for the firings and then you'll be King of the Internet.

To be fair, Saint Doug could still be pissed about the "Marrone has BLANK cancer" fiasco.

I might be.

JW, I'm assuming if you had more info on this it would have already been printed (or else there's a reason it hasn't been printed) but do you think this was likely tied to the backup QB situation? Seems like Marrone would have had a right to be pissed that they wasted everyone's time bringing in Palmer as opposed to giving Orton whatever he wanted a week earlier.

Getting confused about how long ago an incident occurred isn't quite baseless speculation. You're just mad because I've been roasting your idol Manziel. Your meaningless digs will not deter me. Fire away in futility. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

i don't have any issues with the tension. conflict can be a good thing in an organization (football or otherwise) depending on how it's harnessed. but, yeah, it could also turn the situation into a nightmare.

like others have already said, there should be tension -- especially given the team's performance for the last decade. i'm sure that the dougs are feeling the heat, as well they should.

still, i'm struck by the whole "saint doug" thing. i'm guessing it's sorta tongue-in-cheek, but there's probably a kernal of truth there. i'm not feeling great that my favorite team's coach equates winning to achieving a miracle, even jokingly. i wonder how other employees feel about it.

then again, i don't know marrone so i can't determine his intent. maybe it's all bluster and ego. or maybe he's totally joking around.

Edited by Dirtbag

My goodness!

There is nothing that says that this is not the on-field incident that was reported last week. At least no source other than someone posting on this board.

If you read the story and remember what happened on the practice field anyone with a basic level of comprehension skills will know we are referring to the same incident.

That being said ... there must be an extremely high level of pressure over at OBD especially related to the development of the quarterback or lack thereof. Kojo's lack of playing time would not generate this kind of heat because that kid has not done what he needed to do to be ready to play ... personal motivation matters.

Whaley, I believe, addressed this blow out last week (No, I don't have the time to search every news story or quote but I am sure that he was quoted about the blow up and perhaps Marrone was too.).

When I saw and read the CBS report my reaction was 'poor reporting' and should have been posted immediately after the incident rather than game week. But, if you are trying to get the maximum number of readers to a hot story then post it now and pretend the event happened this week.

So, let's go play football ... hoping that Marrone has the team together because I am a BILLS' fan and the last thing I need is another failure at head coach. So, judgment is reserved ... I want to see this D in action and Mike Williams winning the fights for the ball ... GO BILLS!!!

Chaos reigns supreme at One Bills Drive. Starting to think my 6-10 prediction was too optimistic. This is bad. Real bad. If the cracks in the foundation are already this deep and the season hasn't started, wait until the walls come crumbling down if the Bills get off to a bad start.

The real tragedy in all this is Whaley gave away our top pick the year of Winston. If this volatile situation implodes, and it very well might, and the Bills lost out on the REAL greatest prospect of the generation because of Whaley's desperation leap for Sammy, it will be a real tragedy for this franchise.

The problem here is that no one looks good and no one (inluding Brandon, Whaley and Marrone) has anything in terms of past success in their current position that would support they should be the ultimate decision maker or arbiter of disputes.

I am really unimpressed with Marrone and his offense. I think the Bills can do much better at head coach. I understand the pressures with a new owner coming in, but I have no confidence in Marrone and his ability to evaluate and develop talent, particularly on offense. We will see soon, but it seems that the offense and individual players are regressing instead of improving.

I also have doubts about Whaley. Not sure why he needed to come out and say that Henderson is better than CK. What good does that do? I think he lacks a certain maturity, and the Watkins trade could turn out to be a killer.

Well if Marrone was indeed b*tching about the backup QB situation and told them to stop being cheap, it worked.

Go Bills!!

He and Manos may have gotten into it about Palmer. Whatever it was, I hope they've moved on.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Chaos reigns supreme at One Bills Drive. Starting to think my 6-10 prediction was too optimistic. This is bad. Real bad. If the cracks in the foundation are already this deep and the season hasn't started, wait until the walls come crumbling down if the Bills get off to a bad start.

The real tragedy in all this is Whaley gave away our top pick the year of Winston. If this volatile situation implodes, and it very well might, and the Bills lost out on the REAL greatest prospect of the generation because of Whaley's desperation leap for Sammy, it will be a real tragedy for this franchise.

May want to hold off on that

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/09/04/jameis-winston-florida-state-investigation-sexual-assault-allegations/15080921/

He and Manos may have gotten into it about Palmer. Whatever it was, I hope they've moved on.

I'm not saying I know Marrone because I don't. But he was raised in the Bronx. I'm born and raised in NYC aldo. I know EXACTLY what needs to be done. Marrone needs to get punched in the face. That's the ONLY way he's going to wake up.

He's very arrogant (not earned by the way), has other people report injuries which would only take a minute to go through the list to the media, puts these fake smiles on that have me thinking to myself, hey self, whhy did we hire this dude again? Point is, I don't like the guy and I like him even less as a coach but I dtill have to root for him to succeed cuz I'm a Bills fan.

#PunchMarroneInTheFace