Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Given tht this article is is a very dramatic rehashing of events we already know, I'm shocked you guys are falling for it.

Sleezy journalism, with no sources or quotes. It's just a fairy tale woven unpoetically into a slandering article using the general summary of out preseason.

TLDR; Nothing to see here, move along.

This, by the way, !@#$ing happened when Jordan !@#$ing Palmer was brought in to be the backup.

You guys think Marrone was going too far to be pissed about that??

So first it means nothing, now it's "Marrone has every right to be upset." When he gets fired week 4, you'll say, "it's not so bad, Russ had every reason to can him, nothing to fear!"

I have to wonder if the "Saint Doug" wasn't just a bad joke instead of something he actually refers to himself as.

Not a very professional display by all involved, but in most curious to understand the issue between Marrone and Monos.

Edited by Joe Miner

And how many of those times when they were 'caught' do you think Marrone was pissed off about the backup QB situation?

Serious questions: Do you believe the coach has a right to get on the FO for not getting him the players he wants, as well as the FO getting on Marrone for not evaluating/playing players properly? Or do you think they should all shut them hell up and do their individual jobs?

Given tht this article is is a very dramatic rehashing of events we already know, I'm shocked you guys are falling for it.

Sleezy journalism, with no sources or quotes. It's just a fairy tale woven unpoetically into a slandering article using the general summary of out preseason.

TLDR; Nothing to see here, move along.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. How could there NOT be tension within a multi-million dollar business with a long track record of mediocrity, tremendous competitive pressure and ownership questions thrown on top of it all.

Again... I cannot believe how many of you are taking this article to heart. There are absolutely no sources. It's simply using all the rumors we've bad this offseason and putting it into one doom and gloom piece.

This was written as a way to get clicks for ads.

I don't have the details (at this point anyways). There is tension though.

I've heard similar reports, albeit from a very different source most likely.

I bumped ino someone who has been a long time Bills employee and struck up a conversation. Without getting into specifics, this individual interacts with the team and coaches on a daily basis. He shared a bunch of things, including how sad everyone was when Gailey was fired, if for no other reason than the guy was a class act.

The one thing that really stood out though, was his insitence that over the last twenty years, he's never seen a more tense, stressed out group of players and coaches. Said it was palpable.

edit: stojany lap top

Edited by yall

Don't you guys love the timing of this article?

LaCanfora probably sat on this, and released it 3 days before our first game of the season. Thanks for that.

It's a three week old incident, but hard to blame him for wanting to maximize the buzz with the opener on the horizon.

Well, Brandon went to lengths to say they'd hired someone from the Parcells coaching line even though Marrone never worked for the Tuna. But maybe, in an indirect way, they did get a more short-tempered, less proven version.

The report about the coaches wanting to to fire the training staff in February make more sense now. This has been boiling for months and isn't anything new.

Again... I cannot believe how many of you are taking this article to heart. There are absolutely no sources. It's simply using all the rumors we've bad this offseason and putting it into one doom and gloom piece.

This was written as a way to get clicks for ads.

This might be a fair point except for the fact that just a few weeks ago there were reports from the media that they witnessed a verbal altercation on the practice field between Marrone, Whaley and Brandon. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that the tension still remains and is continuing behind closed doors.

I'm sure some here are going to call your "slant" damage control… :P Thanks, JW, seriously.

Wawrow's a reporter, not a Bills employee. No offense to Kirby, but I was hesitant to believe a Bills employee when it comes to PR. Wawrow holds more weight in this matter.

I was just told "don't believe what you read. There is some tension but this story isn't accurate."

I trust Kirby's source. He/she has always been spot on.

BTW if you want tension look at the SF 49ers with Harbaugh and Baalke.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Well, Brandon went to lengths to say they'd hired someone from the Parcells coaching line even though Marrone never worked for the Tuna. But maybe, in an indirect way, they did get a more short-tempered, less proven version.

The report about the coaches wanting to to fire the training staff in February make more sense now. This has been boiling for months and isn't anything new.

Parcells----->Payton----->Marrone

So first it means nothing, now it's "Marrone has every right to be upset." When he gets fired week 4, you'll say, "it's not so bad, Russ had every reason to can him, nothing to fear!"

La Confora isn't talking about the same so-called altercation (funny, only one of the reporters present for that one came up with a report, too). The one Rodak tweeted about was on the practice field in front of players. So no, it meant nothing.

Why don't you tell me why we should be worried about this.

Serious questions: Do you believe the coach has a right to get on the FO for not getting him the players he wants, as well as the FO getting on Marrone for not evaluating/playing players properly? Or do you think they should all shut them hell up and do their individual jobs?

Both. Ha!

It's a tricky situation to be in when your roster has been gutted and rebuilt.

"The front office has also bristled at how certain players are being used, sources said, believing that tackle Cyrus Kouandjio, this year's second-round pick, warranted more of a long look this simmer, unhappy that emerging receiver Robert Woods was benched at times and also at odds over guard Kraig Urbik, who the personnel side believes is a quality guard (he just received a contract extension a few years back) but who Marrone has soured on (the team explored trades for Urbik before roster cuts, league sources said)."

Marrone is right, you have to let your coach coach, or you fire him. Player personnel directors can't tell coaches who should play. BTW, I am generally not a Marrone fan, but he is right in this incident.

Agree 100% I think all these front office a holes are feeling the pressure as another season is here and they have no confidence whatsoever. Now they are panicking and have resorted to telling Marrone how to coach and who to play. Ask Jerry Jones how well the front office mettling in football affairs works out.

Let Saint Doug do his job or "go ahead and fire me then"

La Confora isn't talking about the same so-called altercation (funny, only one of the reporters present for that one came up with a report, too). The one Rodak tweeted about was on the practice field in front of players. So no, it meant nothing.

Why don't you tell me why we should be worried about this.

Both. Ha!

It's a tricky situation to be in when your roster has been gutted and rebuilt.

Name one non winning season coach that got into multiple reported arguments with his GM/President and didn't get fired.

Unless you think Marrone getting canned is a good thing.

Also, can we take a step back a recognize the HUGE Bills bias towards this story? If this was the Jets or Phins, we'd be calling them dumpster fires, and laughing our way into the season.

Edited by FireChan

Parcells----->Payton----->Marrone

I should have said the front office asked Parcells to say something about hiring DM. BP refused because he'd never had him on staff. It was clearly a PR maneuver to gin up support for the hiring.

My point is, the Bills got a guy, who like Parcells, doesn't hold back. Bills coaches in recent years have toed the company line more often than not when the team struggled on the field. DM isn't.