Schefter: Bills tried acquiring Chris Johnson

I still don't understand why posters wouldn't want both CJ and CJ2K on the roster?

Personally, I think they are very similar players, and one of them will be cheap, whereas the other will be entering a contract year and will want money. And I don't believe an RB who splits carries is worth that much money.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has signed 2 year deal with NY Jets.

hot_sign.jpgJets | Sign Chris Johnson

Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:29:09 -0700

The New York Jets signed RB Chris Johnson (Titans) to a two-year deal Wednesday, April 16. Financial terms were not disclosed.

FANTASY TIP: It is fair to consider Johnson a fantasy football RB3 or flex option at this point. Chris Ivory is likely to be used in short-yardage and third-down situations and Bilal Powell could see time as the goal-line back. There is a lot going on in the back field and all three should be downgraded.

Comment | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter | Share: facebook.png

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...l#ixzz2z50quB5F

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 6m

Chris Johnson has averaged 7.16 yards per rush attempt against the Bills (three games, 67 attempts)

Michael Purinton@NickelCityBills 4m

The Bills have stopped Johnson for no gain or a loss about as many times (14) as he's gain 10+ yards (13)

hes averaged like 200 yards from scrimmage and 2 tds per game over the course of 3 games. its absurd.

Chris Johnson......... ahhh yes, have you met Brandon Spikes? Kiko running loose on the outside with Spikes smashing CJnoK when he attempts to cut back this year? It will be a new era in the B-Lo my friends. :thumbsup:

Totally meaningless set of statistics, because the 10+ gains could be as high as 99 yards, which we know what tended to happen when he played against the Bills.

Horrible memories.

Chris Johnson......... ahhh yes, have you met Brandon Spikes? Kiko running loose on the outside with Spikes smashing CJnoK when he attempts to cut back this year? It will be a new era in the B-Lo my friends. :thumbsup:

From your words to God's ears, my friend...

CJnoK - lol

So I guess the story that Johnson was on his way to visit the Bills, as mentioned in this very thread, has been "debunked."

GO BILLS!!!

Everyone and their mothers were reporting that he was going to visit Buffalo if he didn't sign with the Jets.

Great. He has not been an impact player in years and it is not the line's fault. He made his money and sat back.

I'm so happy we did not pick him up. I don't even know why we took a look.

Not worried about him at all when we play the Jets. Their CJ will meet our Spikes and the rest will be a concussion.

In the Bills we trust.

They still have no QB, so teams can just stack up against the run. What's going to happen? Eugene Smiff or Mike Vick gonna pick defenses apart? Hardly.

Edit: "In my opinion."

Edited by Gugny

Has signed 2 year deal with NY Jets.

hot_sign.jpgJets | Sign Chris Johnson

Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:29:09 -0700

The New York Jets signed RB Chris Johnson (Titans) to a two-year deal Wednesday, April 16. Financial terms were not disclosed.

FANTASY TIP: It is fair to consider Johnson a fantasy football RB3 or flex option at this point. Chris Ivory is likely to be used in short-yardage and third-down situations and Bilal Powell could see time as the goal-line back. There is a lot going on in the back field and all three should be downgraded.

Comment | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter | Share: facebook.png

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/...l#ixzz2z50quB5F

Congrats my dear friend! I am OK with what the Bills have done so far in this off season (other than losing Pettine), how about you?

PS: Phil told me how great Pettine would be as a DC, and is a friendly Jet fan.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I don't think he'll do a ton of good there, but he can't hurt them. If I were a Jets fan I'd love this move. Even in his diminished state he has to be a big upgrade over the guys they have.

He'll be a good 1-2 punch with Ivory. Much like Spiller and Freddy.

GO BILLS!!!

The factual stats of both players...stats actually recorded and archived by the NFL...have been debunked? I don't follow how one debunks literal stats.

This is how, and it wasn't even from your favorite Spiller "hater." You can twist the numbers to make just about any argument.

Anyone who would want Chris Johnson over Spiller needs their head examined. Spiller is the better player, all around, and its not close.

Sure he is. I have never argued the contrary. It's close when it's Spiller with a big contract vs CJ2k with a more modest one. Because CJ2k can fill the same role as Spill's.

We could have picked of Chris Johnson or drafted a RB. Clearly, they feel Spiller is more valuable than either option.

You do realize CJ2k is coming here for a meeting? And Bills reports are saying RB in the 3rd or 4th? I wouldn't count it out just yet.

1. No numbers were twisted...the kid has been explosive when in there to play and accomplished a lot in his first 4 years despite having another talented RB in Fred on his team, along with Lynch for a shot period of time. Thats not twisting numbers...his numbers are impressive.

2. I understand your issue with the contract potentially lined up for Spiller, however, its not a RB market out there...hes not going to get big money unless he has a sensational year simply because big contracts just aren't going to RB's now unless they are one of the top 5 guys. And if Spiller has that season, we should pay the man. And CJ2K hasn't exactly been contract friendly thus far in his career.

3. I have no doubt we will draft a RB, and we should. We have two FA RB's after this year, one of which is at the end of a stellar career, so of course we need one. My point was, if the Bills did not believe in Spiller or their ability to resign him, they could have entertained Phillys interest, got a draft pick in a deep draft then pursued CJ2K to pair with Freddy...or Taken a RB in the earlier rounds like 2nd or 3rd to pair with Freddy.