Wilfork asks pats to release him

QB Bills

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more than anything, I think he would bring leadership and a winning attitude. I would love to see him here. Definitely on the downside of his career, but I think to build a winning team, you need a good mix of veterans and young guys. I would love to see him in Bills red, white, and blue.

FWIW. WEEI was just talking about him going to Buffalo and re-uniting with Pepper Johnson if he gets released.

Edited by dubs

The problem with Wilfork moving to the Bills (or Jets or Dolphins) is his reputation as a dirty player.

Between that and the excessive protection granted to The Brady, the moment he so much as breathes him, he'll be banned for life and possibly executed for roughing The Brady.

Vince, we forgive you for smashing Losman's knee.

There. It's settled.

The !@#$ I do.

Seriously...Wilfork is one of the few players I dislike on something approaching a personal level. I don't want him on the Bills.

I would **~**~<3~love~<3~**~** to see a see him in a rotation with Kyle and Dareus.

If he's healthy, absolutely I would agree with you. That would certainly be a giant pick up if he went signed with us and I think it would raise the level of optimism around here.

No way they just release him. He can want all he wants not gonna happen. Trade maybe.

hes turning 33, 350lbs and coming off an achilles injury (which often takes two years to actually come back from even if he can play in 2013)..... and is scheduled to get 8m in the final year of his contract.

he might get released.

Give him his Bills shirt!

The !@#$ I do.

Seriously...Wilfork is one of the few players I dislike on something approaching a personal level. I don't want him on the Bills.

Wow, he's one of the few Patriots* I've consistently admired for his play and dominance. Wierd how perception can be so different.

hes turning 33, 350lbs and coming off an achilles injury (which often takes two years to actually come back from even if he can play in 2013)..... and is scheduled to get 8m in the final year of his contract.

he might get released.

I am assuming he wants his release now because he realizes it is coming later in the offseason or camp when he is medically cleared so it's better to get about the business of finding a team now. It can't possibly be for more money because that is not happening.

I presume the Pats are asking him to take a pay cut. If so, I wonder if this is because of their cap situation and Revis contract.

If my presumptions are correct, the Pats may be forced to cut or trade him if he does not want to take a pay cut to stay there.

I am assuming he wants his release now because he realizes it is coming later in the offseason or camp when he is medically cleared so it's better to get about the business of finding a team now. It can't possibly be for more money because that is not happening.

The Pats signed Revis last night and came to Wilfork today to ask him to restructure his deal. He said no way. However, something must have happened during that conversation to ask him to request a release.

No way they just release him. He can want all he wants not gonna happen. Trade maybe.

I guess I am falling for the Patriots/Belichik hype...if he agreed to trade Wilfork to us, i would back out of that deal so fast... :lol:

I presume the Pats are asking him to take a pay cut. If so, I wonder if this is because of their cap situation and Revis contract.

beyond revis, because hes coming off a pretty devastating injury that is likely to effect him even if he does actually get on the field and hes making star DT money and its his final year so they cant say overpaying him is an investment.

I remember watching NFL Films or some Mic'd Up segment and saw Wilfork absolutely lay out Levitre in the open field. He was so much bigger than him and the funny thing was, it was Levitre who went for the hit and ended up on the turf. Big dude.

As long as it is a short term deal 1-2 yrs pay the man would be huge boost to this defense.

I'd offer 3, maybe even 4 if that's what it took. The nice thing about NFL contracts is that you can lop off a year with no issues. Move Dareus outside and you've got a pretty nice line. (assuming Dareus is in decent shape)

I still miss Pat Williams, Sam Adams, and Ted Washington.

Me too. Nothing like some serious beef to plug up the middle. Our run D has been so weak I've really been hoping that we'd get someone along those lines. Now it's possible that Wilfork could be available. Sign him! Young and speedy doesn't seem to cut if for run stuffing.

I'm for it but he's leaving NE because he wants more money, thus he isn't coming cheap. Not sure how I feel about forking over a ton of money to someone of his age and injury history.

He doesn't want more money. He just doesn't want less money in the last year of his contract. The pats want him to take a haircut on his last year.

he might get released.

I think NoSaint is right. If he won't take a cut (and it's easy to understand why the pats are targeting him), they may look to see what he brings in trade. But I think teams will be wary of giving anything for an injured guy at the end of his career--especially if they are all assuming he will be cut.

okay so wilfork collapsess the pocket and sacks Tom Brady.

He clogs the middle for 2 years and he also bring some championship, leadership and some winning Bravado to Buffalo. His wife would win Miss Lackawanna crown. Fred Smerlas comes in 2nd.

Edited by oman128