mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan gailey is the un named coach lol

beat me to it. Or Gruden? I dunno!

Tell us why Fluff you guess so?

avoid the embarrassment for both sides if things cave. Tressel probably wants a lot of control. The Browns want none of that

Its likely to be someone rather prmoinant given the secrecracy. Few smaller guys could keep it quiet. Or provide the cover to meet with officials.

I'm gonna guess Jim Tressell as the unnamed candidate although I have no idea why he would need to be unnamed

If your speculation is correct, then Tressell may have made it a condition of interviewing to not make his interview public. Being mentioned as a possibility to leave would likely damage his recruiting.

Tell us why Fluff you guess so?and you two 26

Tressel is a completely random guess on my part. But he is still wildly popular in ohio and he owns a place in Florida. I think he would welcome a chance to coach in the nfl and could be a good coach with some splash, particularly in Ohio. However I'm probably wrong as I don't know why a guy who isn't currently coaching would need to keep his name a secret

Edited by FluffHead

John Murphy is POed about the Browns HC saga taking so long and putting the Bills in limbo.

Rightly so. they are nt just fki themselves , the Bills are getting a good screwing too.

How do Bills get rolling ? We could lose more than one coach here. This is becoming " abrasive " maybe for the Bills

Now Schiano interviewed too? Per the Twitter:

"@FOXSports reporting that former Bucs Head Coach Greg Schiano was interviewed on Wednesday for the #Browns Head Coaching Job. #Bills"

Loved Murph calling them bumbling idiots wandering in the dark tonight - classic!

Now Schiano interviewed too? Per the Twitter:

"@FOXSports reporting that former Bucs Head Coach Greg Schiano was interviewed on Wednesday for the #Browns Head Coaching Job. #Bills"

Loved Murph calling them bumbling idiots wandering in the dark tonight - classic!

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

5m

2 things I've heard ... 1) Schiano has called people around the league asking about Banner ... 2) Belichick talked to Haslam about Schiano.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 3m

... But last week I was told there were no plans for Browns to interview Schiano, which means something has apparently changed since.

Expand

For the record, I hope Pettine stays but if the Browns chose Schiano over Pettine they've reached another level of incompetence. You can't fix stupid.

WTF, Browns?? Ever heard of professionalism? Tact? No wonder you can't find anyone to take your sorry job. This is embarrassing for Pettine. It is just a sign of things to come if he does get the job. They just want a puppet they can yank around who has no say in personnel decisions. They are yanking him around now as he is the only one apparently willing to eat their crap sandwich.

If it's down to Schiano and Pettine, I think they may actually be effing themselves more than us

Total hilarity if they do hire Schiano.

@JasonLaCanfora

Browns "mystery" candidate is Greg Schiano, former Bucs HC. Mike Pettine and Dan Quinn still in the mix, but Schiano is very much alive

Well they did say they wanted someone with a pulse

Man, what is with these national Reporters. Mike Pettine has agreed to coach the Browns. They offered him the job tonight. How do they not have confirmation of this. Its all over. Bills already started the process to hire their next DC.

Thank you for your service, @ByTimGraham

Man, what is with these national Reporters. Mike Pettine has agreed to coach the Browns. They offered him the job tonight. How do they not have confirmation of this. Its all over. Bills already started the process to hire their next DC.

Do you have an inside source on this? If so, can you generally disclose who it is, without naming names, if that is an issue?