• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1: Hire Pettine as HC/DC

Step2: Hire Gailey as OC.

Step 3: Draft Johnny Football.

Step 4: Win

Yes, this is a Bills fan's wet dream. Interestingly, it could probably be had sans Johnny Football, and I'm not sure we even need him. One could argue Chan could even salvage EJ, as he certainly would do with Spiller. But, this is the Bills. Obvious solutions are not that obvious to them (Ralph, Russ).

And, sadly, we could probably had this combination too, but the FO garbage picked with Marrone (of all the college coaches, we picked the leader of Syracuse!?) and "I promise to pick a QB before I leave" Nix panicked and picked EJ.

Heck, why we didn't target Pettine as our HC instead is beyond me. But, read it now and believe me later, this team will swiftly become a train wreck if Pettine leaves.

Yes, this is a Bills fan's wet dream. Interestingly, it could probably be had sans Johnny Football, and I'm not sure we even need him. One could argue Chan could even salvage EJ, as he certainly would do with Spiller. But, this is the Bills. Obvious solutions are not that obvious to them (Ralph, Russ).

And, sadly, we could probably had this combination too, but the FO garbage picked with Marrone (of all the college coaches, we picked the leader of Syracuse!?) and "I promise to pick a QB before I leave" Nix panicked and picked EJ.

Heck, why we didn't target Pettine as our HC instead is beyond me. But, read it now and believe me later, this team will swiftly become a train wreck if Pettine leaves.

Funny, after the Carolina game this draft was Whaley's. Now it's Buddy's again. Did Whaley just take Kiko, Woods, and Goodwin, while Buddy took EJ, Gragg, Meeks and Duke?

When Pettine doesn't get the gig. I sure do hope he gives Bills his all .

The man is a professional after all,

isn't he ?

Why wouldn't you think he would give it his all?

One cleveland article I was reading was saying that "team officials" were apparently blown away by Quinn and Pettine. With the speculation of Gase wanting to stay in Denver you have to assume those two are the front runners for the job.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I love how, on this board, many give Marrone absolutely zero credit for anything. Yet, when Marcel needed benched (twice) and the LB coach had to be fired (Pettine's guy) because the run D was horrendous, that was Marrone's fault too. Yet Pettine was involved in all of that as the DC. No one holds him accountable? Just because Marrone is the one at the podium explaining the decisions doesn't mean that he is the only one involved. And if he did need to be the only one involved, there are more serious issues with Pettine than people want to admit. I like him as a DC, but there were serious gaps in his defense. He had a ton of talent and they could only get better after Wanny left. But he was schooled by Jay Gruden, Josh McDaniels, Todd Haley, and Mike Smith. We got ran over time and again. But that's OK, we had a ton of INTs and sacks. Why would you be so sure this guy should be our HC? A Rex Ryan disciple as our DC - great. A Rex Ryan disciple as our HC? I'll pass. And.. Why would you think Chan would "salvage" EJ - because he did so well "salvaging" Fitz? Edited by YoloinOhio

I love how, on this board, many give Marrone absolutely zero credit for anything. Yet, when Marcel needed benched (twice) and the LB coach had to be fired (Pettine's guy) because the run D was horrendous, that was Marrone's fault too. Yet Pettine was involved in all of that as the DC. No one holds him accountable? Just because Marrone is the one at the podium explaining the decisions doesn't mean that he is the only one involved. And if he did need to be the only one involved, there are more serious issues with Pettine than people want to admit. I like him as a DC, but there were serious gaps in his defense. He had a ton of talent and they could only get better after Wanny left. But he was schooled by Jay Gruden, Josh McDaniels, Todd Haley, and Mike Smith. We got ran over time and again. But that's OK, we had a ton of INTs and sacks. Why would you be so sure this guy should be our HC? A Rex Ryan disciple as our DC - great. A Rex Ryan disciple as our HC? I'll pass. And.. Why would you think Chan would "salvage" EJ - because he did so well "salvaging" Fitz?

Chan couldn't even "salvage" Edwards.

They want him as OC. Interestingly, he is out of work even as that, for a reason.

He is retired. The Chan. let him go be with his wife.

BBF i was referencing that he may not regather the support of the Bills players when his HC aspiritions are not realized.

I love how, on this board, many give Marrone absolutely zero credit for anything. Yet, when Marcel needed benched (twice) and the LB coach had to be fired (Pettine's guy) because the run D was horrendous, that was Marrone's fault too. Yet Pettine was involved in all of that as the DC. No one holds him accountable? Just because Marrone is the one at the podium explaining the decisions doesn't mean that he is the only one involved. And if he did need to be the only one involved, there are more serious issues with Pettine than people want to admit. I like him as a DC, but there were serious gaps in his defense. He had a ton of talent and they could only get better after Wanny left. But he was schooled by Jay Gruden, Josh McDaniels, Todd Haley, and Mike Smith. We got ran over time and again. But that's OK, we had a ton of INTs and sacks. Why would you be so sure this guy should be our HC? A Rex Ryan disciple as our DC - great. A Rex Ryan disciple as our HC? I'll pass. And.. Why would you think Chan would "salvage" EJ - because he did so well "salvaging" Fitz?

I agreed with every thing u said until todd haley

Edited by kr632

Funny, after the Carolina game this draft was Whaley's. Now it's Buddy's again. Did Whaley just take Kiko, Woods, and Goodwin, while Buddy took EJ, Gragg, Meeks and Duke?

It very well could have played out this way and you know it. Considering he passed the torch not too long after the draft, it's entirely possible they shared picks. One thing we do know though: Nix was hell-bent on drafting a QB before stepping down - he was quoted so numerous times.

Marrone is the head coach. The buck stops at him. No need to say more there.

As for Chan "salvaging" Fitz, I think he did a fairly good job polishing that turd.

CBS Sports is reporting that Gase will likely TURN DOWN Browns job if it is offered ---- Right now Pettine is in Final 3 with Seatle DC and Dallas ST ---- UGH

Does it count as reaching the final 3 if he's simply so new to the group he hasn't had a chance to publicly say no like everyone else?

In today's Plain Dealer

http://www.cleveland...ml#incart_river

• The daughter of Browns coaching candidate Mike Pettine reportedly sent a Twitter message saying her father had a good interview and was expected to get a second sit-down with Jimmy Haslam and Joe Banner.

She signed off by writing, “It’s the Browns, but, hey, still pretty cool.”

That pretty much sums things up right down to the part where somebody who cheers for the Bills feels pretty comfortable making fun of the Browns.

Edited by flyingant