Robey is a beast!

He's been very good for the past few games. Certainly not the whole year.

I think that's harsh. I think for an UDFA rookie starting Nickel corner he has done very well indeed, he has been a find. Outstanding game today not just the headline plays but the number of times Tannehill wanted to go to Clay and Robey had him in such tight coverage that he couldn't go there.

Edited by GunnerBill

He's been very good for the past few games. Certainly not the whole year.

Name one rookie that has been good all year. Kiko? He's had a couple bad games. Richardson. He's had a couple bad games. No rookie has been good every game. Robey shouldn't win ROY, but he's had a great year for a nickel back. Yes....a great year.

While I agree that Robey SHOULD be in consideration, he won't. Alonzo and Richardson are all over the press. They hit the ground running and have played well all year, and their stats a their position overwhelm what Robey has put up, which is something that will be considered.

His instincts are just great. He plays his position with confidence and versatility. I can handle him getting abused once or twice by a Vincent Jackson type if he continues to make big plays and stick like flypaper to the slot man.

Having said that, I think if the Bills get too enamored and move him outside more often it would be a mistake.

His instincts are just great. He plays his position with confidence and versatility. I can handle him getting abused once or twice by a Vincent Jackson type if he continues to make big plays and stick like flypaper to the slot man.

Having said that, I think if the Bills get too enamored and move him outside more often it would be a mistake.

Just want the doctor ordered. I had hope for Brooks but this kid Nickell is exceeding all expectations.

Go Robey Robey Robey !

Fabulous find by the Bills! This would be hands down the greatest Draft in Bills history if only their 1st pick would have played like the rest of the rookies that made the team..

I agree with this. The concern I have now with next year's draft is, do we go QB again or fill another need like TE, WR, LG or LB.

If Marrone sticks with EJ, we may have another disappointing season next year, unless we draft a couple other "beasts" on defense and end up becoming a team like the Chiefs who I believe it's defense helped them get into the playoffs, with an average offense.

Fabulous find by the Bills! This would be hands down the greatest Draft in Bills history if only their 1st pick would have played like the rest of the rookies that made the team..

Best ever is nothing short of hyperbole. Robey is a backup and did that well. Rosters need guys like him. Most 1st pick QB's don't put up boffo numbers. Comparing a rookie starting QB (who likely wasn't planned to start, that's why the Bills got a VET backup) to a backup DB isn't exactly apples to apples. Or Alonso or Woods for that matter. QB is easily the toughest position on the field for a first year player.

+1

I THINK WHAT WERE SEEING IS THE DC is learning how to best use his people ROBEY has been a great find if he was 3 inches taller he'd of been a first rder..ya gotta like the guy it seems when hes on the field **it happens ,..

i doubt kiko will win droy mainly because of PLAYING IN BUFFALO INSTEAD OF NYC,he need huge game against PATS on national tv ,another int would help!..

overall this is the best draft CLASS IVE EVER SEEN BY THE BILLS,

Name one rookie that has been good all year. Kiko? He's had a couple bad games. Richardson. He's had a couple bad games. No rookie has been good every game. Robey shouldn't win ROY, but he's had a great year for a nickel back. Yes....a great year.

Richardson is a far more dominant player and plays pretty much every down. He's had a monster year.

By the way, did anyone notice how often Pettine sent Robey? I am pretty sure Robey blitzed Tannehill something like 10 times. Amazing that the Dolphins couldn't adjust.

Pettine said that the pressure from the slot was working so they brought it again. then again . Miami did not adjust so he kept it coming.

The Robey has really been a riot to watch this year. great find by Whaley and Company

Pepsi NEXT Rookie of the Week

The Pittsburgh Steelers' Le'Veon Bell, Buffalo Bills' Nickell Robey, New York Jets' Geno Smith, St. Louis Rams' Zac Stacy and Green Bay Packers' Eddie Lacy were standout rookies in Week 16. Read up on this week's nominees and then cast your vote for the Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week.

ROB361684.png

Nickell Robey, Buffalo Bills

Robey tallied four tackles, two sacks and a pass defensed in the Bills' 19-0 win over the Miami Dolphins.

I THINK WHAT WERE SEEING IS THE DC is learning how to best use his people ROBEY has been a great find if he was 3 inches taller he'd of been a first rder..ya gotta like the guy it seems when hes on the field **it happens ,..

Exactly. It's no coincidence that several guys are having career years on defense: McKelvin, Hughes, M Williams, A Williams, K Williams along with outstanding rookie contributions from Alonso and Robey. Even guys like Lawson and Branch are playing as well as they ever have.