Stevie Johnson's Mom

aussiew

Excerpt from the article:

Johnson and his stepfather quickly affirm Johnson's flamboyance comes from his mother. Johnson expresses his connection -- how else? -- with a tattoo that takes up his entire right forearm. Flames rise from his wrist, where "Rhonda" is written in script, up to his elbow. A bird takes flight amid the fire. Above, it says "Live to stay fly." Underneath, "Why not?"

Sounds like they were very close too

Edited by NoSaint

Very sad, Stevie put the team first and I commend him to the fullest degree.

Such sad news and I agree. I can't believe he played.To those who continue to bash his play, remember that him being on the field helps open up Woods and he knows that, whether he has catches or not. Peace and prayers to he and his family.

Such sad news and I agree. I can't believe he played.To those who continue to bash his play, remember that him being on the field helps open up Woods and he knows that, whether he has catches or not. Peace and prayers to he and his family.

Exactly, he's a stand up guy who has always showed WNY so much love. He's never trash talked the city or the fans. I think people sometimes tend to think that just because he's a pro football player and he's on tv that he's not a human being. I never understood the hate that this guy gets you know? It's like people praise Marshawn Lynch but he talked so much crap about Buffalo as a city and the people. Stevie makes a couple of bad plays and people can't let it go.

really feel bad for stevie and his family. when these things happen it really puts things into perspective. it makes you think of things as it relates to the person, not the athlete. and i imagine that this team and community will give stevie and his family all the support that they need.

Although I'm a few (7) years older than Stevie, I know exactly how he feels, as I went through the same thing back in July.

Stevie, I feel for you man. Hurts like hell, and it will for quite some time.

Keep your loved ones close and remember that life is great, grand, & wonderful...it just isn't always fair.

Love ya Stevie

Feel really bad for the guy.

If anyone questioned his commitment to the team too, this is some pretty good evidence that the guy really is a team player. Probably didn't want to leave the team in a bind on gameday.

And can we now put to rest this insidious discussions about whether he is dedicated to the Buffalo Bills.

Stevie plays despite news of mother's passing

stevie-mom-story.jpg

It’s a phone call that no one wants to receive, especially when it’s unexpected. Not long after arriving in Jacksonville with his Bills teammates Saturday, Johnson got a phone call informing him that his mother had died unexpectedly that day.

Johnson informed head coach Doug Marrone of his tragic family news and the two talked for a while. Marrone left the decision of whether to play or return home immediately up to Johnson. The Bills leading receiver chose to stay and play on Sunday against the Jaguars.

“When I found out I was already here,” said Johnson following Buffalo’s 27-20 win over Jacksonville. “I talked to coach and he gave me an option and I felt like I went all week with the boys and whatever I can do to help out the team, I think I should give it my all no matter what. It was tough, but we got the win and I’m happy about that and I’m sure she is happy about that.”