Every single ESPN expert is picking PIT

KikO M G

I'm actually more curious about what the Bills record would be if some of the guys doing the predictions were always correct.

In other words, there has got to be one of them out there that would have us at 0-9, so far.

That's when ya go, "Really? REALLY?! So, every single week you think this team is unworthy of winning a game and is that bad?"

:P

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry ... allow me to elaborate.

It is silly for a non-Bills-fan to think that a (3-6) team, who has lost 3 of its last 4, AND has a rookie QB, AND said rookie QB hasn't played in a game since Oct. 3, AND going against one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game, AND playing on the road - in Pittsburgh no less .... it's purely silly for that person to think the Bills will walk away victorious.

The Bills, as C.B. stated above, are playing better football than the Steelers. A win would definitely not surprise me ... but I'm a Bills fan.

I'm simply stating that it's a pretty ballsy pick to pick the road team, the team with the rusty rookie QB and the team who hasn't played one "complete" football game since week 2 - to beat the Steelers at home.

Go Bills!

All fair points. I still expect a Bills blowout. I just don't see much room for improvement by Pittsburgh in time for Sunday to stop our rushing attack

I like the Bills chances and expect a win but they are playing a QB on the road that has the ability and track record to make those 2 or 3 big plays in the game (like escaping a sack, rolling out, and hitting a receiver down field for a big gain when all seems lost) that seem to beat us. For all the improvement with this years Bills they still make too big miscues on offense and allow too many big plays (20+ yards) on defense.

Big Ben threw for a lot of yards. But didn't the Steeers get shellacked 55-31?

The Steelers tied it up 24-24 in the 3rd quarter. By the start of the 4th quarter, it was a 3-point game with the Pats* ahead, 27-24.

The shellacking occurred pretty much just in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Rubes

The Steelers tied it up 24-24 in the 3rd quarter. By the start of the 4th quarter, it was a 3-point game with the Pats* ahead, 27-24.

The shellacking occurred pretty much just in the 4th quarter.

From my vantage point it seemed that NE wore down the Pitt D with their running game in the 4th (even put in LaGarrette Blount at the end and Pitt was too tired to bring him down). Then they just attacked them in the passing game once they couldn't stop the run.

I'm actually more curious about what the Bills record would be if some of the guys doing the predictions were always correct.

In other words, there has got to be one of them out there that would have us at 0-9, so far.

That's when ya go, "Really? REALLY?! So, every single week you think this team is unworthy of winning a game and is that bad?"

:P

Quick note from last nights PTI.

Question was over under 1.5 wins between Jacksonville and Tampa bay combined rest of the way.

Willbon went over, giving both the Bucs and Jags wins against the Bills.....now that is some disrespect LOL

Surprised no one on here is going bat chit crazy ....or maybe I am only one who still watchescPTI

Question was over under 1.5 wins between Jacksonville and Tampa bay combined rest of the way.

Willbon went over, giving both the Bucs and Jags wins against the Bills.....now that is some disrespect LOL

Surprised no one on here is going bat chit crazy ....or maybe I am only one who still watchescPTI

I saw it and meant to post about it... very surprised about Wilbon on those picks, particularly the Jax one. I do not think he has watched the Bills at all this year, however. BTW PTI is one of my favorite shows of all time. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

That is some serious disrespect. Wow.

The Bucs are pretty talented actually. Glennon is playing decent ball right now so they are probably a better team than their record says. Jacksonville is woefully bad however. Chad Henne is their best player right now. thats really sad

The Bucs are pretty talented actually. Glennon is playing decent ball right now so they are probably a better team than their record says. Jacksonville is woefully bad however. Chad Henne is their best player right now. thats really sad

Yes the Bucs have some good talent and they will end of with some wins. They seem to not know how to win/close out games because they have lost a lot of close ones.

I guess we deserve it with a 3-6 record but PIT is even worse! Most other sites are mixed in their picks. Bleacher Report actually has 9 out of 12 picking the Bills. But ESPN has a clean sweep for the Steelers.

They're nuts (and generally stupid). Bills are going to win in a laugher.

I'm betting none of those idiots knows Manuel will probably start.

If people think this is going to be an easy game they are way mistaken......we will still be going into someone elses house after their defense got embarrised with a starting rookie QB

This is not a gimmie...the bills are going to have to show up and take it.

This. Whenever I hear people saying the Bills are going to win six straight, I think, "How about them winning one straight?"

If people think this is going to be an easy game they are way mistaken......we will still be going into someone elses house after their defense got embarrised with a starting rookie QB

This is not a gimmie...the bills are going to have to show up and take it.

I haven't predicted a Bills game all year. But I'm predicting that the Bills will beat the Steelers and it won't be close. I'm going "all in", whatever that means...LOL

I don't care what their record says, I don't care about past nightmare road Steeler games, I don't care about having a rookie QB, the Bills are a good young team on the rise and they're the only team playing in this game who are still in contention. The Steelers are old and tired looking. Having said that, the biggest factor to me is the emotional one, I think that the Bills will be letting this season's frustration out on the Steelers this Sunday. They're good, they know it, and this Sunday they will to show it.

Edited by 1billsfan

Not only are they picking Pitt but on PTI yesterday Wilbon said that both the Bucs and Jags were going to beat us! Lol this is the kind of respect we get from people around the country that don't watch our games but just look out our record.

Pittsburgh is a veteran team with an established QB that has had a history of pulling out wins when needed although they have struggled this year. We are a young team that has more of a history of finding ways to lose.

This year's record aside, it is going to take a season or two of sustained quality play and wins to change that perception.

My personal take is that Mario Williams is one of the few defensive ends in the league who has both the size, strength, and athleticism to really disrupt the way Roethlisberger plays. Big Ben tends to roll to his right to extend plays, although he is pretty shifty around the pocket for a guy his size. I would expect that the Bills would try to flush him out to Williams side of the field more often than not.

Roethlisberger gets away with the way he plays for a couple reasons, for a guy who doesn't have the largest hands one would think he would fumble more, but his height and strength negate much of that issue he also usually wears a glove, he can extend plays to the last possible moment because his release is one of the quickest and strongest I have seen - with a flick he can rope the ball down the field. Mario has the length and strength to chop the rock lose or at least mess up his throwing motion.

I think we can get turnovers in this game, and if our boys turn those into points we will win.

That's a good thing. We play better disrespected.

Is it really disrespect? Buffalo is 1-7 all time playing @ Pittsburgh. And before you say the past doesn't matter, how many owners have the Steelers had? how many coaches have the Steelers had in their history? how many owners have the Bills had? These things establish patterns over the course of decades, it seems.

My picks record this year is 94-39 (straight up, not against the spread) and I'm picking the Steelers this week; if the game were in Buffalo, I'd pick the Bills. I hope I'm wrong, because I love the Bills, think they're trending up. But history suggest it's really hard for the Bills to win at PIttsburgh..

Fans getting emotional over experts picking Bills' opponents are silly. We dominated the Chiefs last week, at home, and still managed to lose. It's really hard to win at Pittsburgh.

Picking sports games is more scientific than people realize. You don't pick the winner based off emotions.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Not only are they picking Pitt but on PTI yesterday Wilbon said that both the Bucs and Jags were going to beat us! Lol this is the kind of respect we get from people around the country that don't watch our games but just look out our record.

I don't get that. Bills beat a top 10 team in Carolina, had another top 5 team on the ropes and blew it against KC, lost on last second FG to top 5 team in New England, and lost in OT to another top 10 team in Cincy.

Wow, wow. That bugs the hell out of me and I am not kidding you.

Wow.

That is just short of saying this team is lucky to have the 3 wins that they do and I don't want to hear the old "their 3-6, but could easily be 7-2 or 0-9" garbage. This team has shown quite a bit with some tough breaks and not the other way around and that is freaking ridiculous.

What concerns me in every game is not the opponent, but the Marrone/Hackett decision making. The 4th and 3 play and 1st and goal sequence cost them the game against KC. Up 10-3 with 1st and goal is the time to be conservative with a rookie QB and run the ball 3 times; if you don't get in, kick the FG and you're up 13-3. The Bills are improved, but not enough to overcome poor coaching decisions.