Every single ESPN expert is picking PIT

KikO M G

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are choosing Pitt because they are at home and because of the QB factor. I am a huge EJ fan, but it is rookie QB up against LeBeau vs. Roethlisberger who is still very good and has won 2 SBs. The Bills are faster and overall more talented IMO. The matchup of the Pitt D vs. Bills rushing game alone makes me think we have a great chance to win. The home field is somewhat of a factor but Pitt is 1-2 at home this year so far. Both of these teams are probably a little better than their ecord indicates as Pitt has dealt with signif injuries themselves so far. We certainly have a chance but who knows what to expect with EJ first game back and his security blanket, Woods, hurt.

#1 -- that hasn't been proven in any way, shape or form; Pitt destroyed the Jets a few weeks ago

#2 -- the Bills outrushed KC by more than 100 yards last week

#3 -- Roethlisberger went toe-to-toe with Brady last week for a ton of yards and points

Please try again.

Edit -- don't get me wrong; I certainly see an opportunity for the Bills to go into Pittsburgh and come away with the W, but to criticize a national NFL reporter for picking the Steelers at home is sort of silly.

1. NE 55 Pitt 31

2. Jets are schizophrenic.

3. Pitt lost to Minnesota a few weeks ago as well.

4. Roethlisberger can't throw from his back. Which is where he'll be all day.

5. Pitts D isn't nearly as opportunistic as the Chiefs. No comparison. Chiefs +15 to differential. Steelers -11

... better luck next time.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Thinking a (3-6) team is going to go into Pittsburgh and steal a win is just silly.

Silly? Pittsburgh is 2-6. Have you watched them? This game is at least even. Although it is on the road, this is not the same Steelers of legend and lore. They actually suck pretty bad. The Bills are are a team on the rise and the Steelers are going the other way. The Bills SHOULD win this game. That said, yes, rookie QB, maybe rusty, on the road etc. They need to prove it, but anyone looking objectively at both these teams with a bit of knowledge would conclude the Bills are the better team right now. A 20 point Bills blowout would not surprise me in the least.

Some of you care way too much about what ESPN and other places think. The Bills are playing better overall football than the Steelers. Still, it's probably hard for a national person to pick the Bills over the Steelers on the road. And their percentage of picking games isn't too much better than ours. They just lucked into getting paid for it.

That said, if you want to change how people think about you, prove them wrong. A Bills road win against Pitt, even a bad team, would be a good step forward.

@Right Manuel for the Job --

Perhaps you could give even one reason why national NFL reporters should pick a 3-6 Bills team (1-3 on the road) with a rookie QB returning from injury to go to Pittsburgh -- a place they've only ever won once -- and win?

Because the Steelers are terrible this year? Because they lost to the Vikings, their only win of the season? Because they have only won once at home this season? Because the Bills have a better record despite having more injuries and a harder schedule?

Didn't realize these things needed to be said. Very obvious.

Silly? Pittsburgh is 2-6. Have you watched them? This game is at least even. Although it is on the road, this is not the same Steelers of legend and lore. They actually suck pretty bad. The Bills are are a team on the rise and the Steelers are going the other way. The Bills SHOULD win this game. That said, yes, rookie QB, maybe rusty, on the road etc. They need to prove it, but anyone looking objectively at both these teams with a bit of knowledge would conclude the Bills are the better team right now. A 20 point Bills blowout would not surprise me in the least.

Sorry ... allow me to elaborate.

It is silly for a non-Bills-fan to think that a (3-6) team, who has lost 3 of its last 4, AND has a rookie QB, AND said rookie QB hasn't played in a game since Oct. 3, AND going against one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game, AND playing on the road - in Pittsburgh no less .... it's purely silly for that person to think the Bills will walk away victorious.

The Bills, as C.B. stated above, are playing better football than the Steelers. A win would definitely not surprise me ... but I'm a Bills fan.

I'm simply stating that it's a pretty ballsy pick to pick the road team, the team with the rusty rookie QB and the team who hasn't played one "complete" football game since week 2 - to beat the Steelers at home.

Go Bills!

It is silly for a non-Bills-fan to think that a (3-6) team, who has lost 3 of its last 4, AND has a rookie QB, AND said rookie QB hasn't played in a game since Oct. 3, AND going against one of the greatest defensive minds in the history of the game, AND playing on the road - in Pittsburgh no less .... it's purely silly for that person to think the Bills will walk away victorious.

The Bills, as C.B. stated above, are playing better football than the Steelers. A win would definitely not surprise me ... but I'm a Bills fan.

I'm simply stating that it's a pretty ballsy pick to pick the road team, the team with the rusty rookie QB and the team who hasn't played one "complete" football game since week 2 - to beat the Steelers at home.

Go Bills!

Yep - I am in the middle... while I think the Bills can win this one based on how the two teams have looked so far, I do see how these guys would likely pick Pitt to win. Also, many of the "experts" probably have not watched a single Bills game this year nor know that EJ is back and just think we are starting the QB flavor of the week again

Go Bills!

Yup. And why people would care who Chris Mortensen picks is beyond me.

1. NE 55 Pitt 31

2. Jets are schizophrenic.

3. Pitt lost to Minnesota a few weeks ago as well.

4. Roethlisberger can't throw from his back. Which is where he'll be all day.

5. Pitts D isn't nearly as opportunistic as the Chiefs. No comparison. Chiefs +15 to differential. Steelers -11

... better luck next time.

I appreciate your spunk, but you're not getting the point. I'm as big a Bills fan as you will find on this board, and more optimistic than most, but there's no reason to criticize a national NFL reporter for picking the Steelers this week.

Go Bills!

I get your points - just do not think it is silly nor particularly ballsy to believe the Bills might win, Bills fan or not. I really do not care what the ESPN talking heads think, but I find it silly that they put no more thought into it than they do. I realize this is how it is until they prove it, but come on man.

Go Bills!

I appreciate your spunk, but you're not getting the point. I'm as big a Bills fan as you will find on this board, and more optimistic than most, but there's no reason to criticize a national NFL reporter for picking the Steelers this week.

No. I got your point. I think they are wrong. You simply asked for one reason they should, I provided a few. Go Bills!

I agree with eball here. There is no reason for national media to pick the Bills on the road in this game.

That being said, I'm starting to think I'm suffering from a koolaide overdose or something reading the threads here this week. For whatever reason, based on my limited watching of the Stillers the past few weeks, I will be very disappointed if the Bills don't pick up the W this Sunday.

Edited by CodeMonkey

#1 -- that hasn't been proven in any way, shape or form; Pitt destroyed the Jets a few weeks ago

#2 -- the Bills outrushed KC by more than 100 yards last week

#3 -- Roethlisberger went toe-to-toe with Brady last week for a ton of yards and points

Please try again.

Edit -- don't get me wrong; I certainly see an opportunity for the Bills to go into Pittsburgh and come away with the W, but to criticize a national NFL reporter for picking the Steelers at home is sort of silly.

Big Ben threw for a lot of yards. But didn't the Steeers get shellacked 55-31?