Win #2 - Who gets your game ball?

Game Ball  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets your game ball?

• Robert Woods (4 catches, 80 yards, TD)
    • Kiko Alonso (2 INTs, 5 tackles)
    • Aaron Williams (2 INTs, 4 passes deflected)
    • Fred Jackson (16 carries, 89 yards, TD)
    • Marcell Dareus (7 tackles, 2 sacks)
    • Other

I voted kiko but wish I could split my vote with Williams. He played out of his mind yesterday. Ill give him a pass on the long completion for 2 reasons - not many CBs can run step for step with Torrey smith, and the tackle he made literally saved the game.

How about the coaching staff? It's clear our offense needs to build off the run, and the run wasn't working. So, they installed a game plan with power running...two tight ends and a fullback. They couldn't stop the run for the last several years, but somehow managed to hold the Ravens to about 20 yards (still not sure how that trick was done). And yes, Aaron Williams impressed. However, several people have suggested that he has been taught to play d-back by this staff. One play provided really good evidence of that. Williams was running full speed down the sidelines with a receiver. As the ball arrived, he turned, saw the ball, jumped and tipped it. I was aghast. That is what Aaron Williams can NOT do. That is why he is no longer a corner (except in extreme emergency)...and there he was doing it perfectly. That has to be coaching.

Williams... because on the one play he got beat on, he made a great tackle the saved a touchdown. Ravens go on to kick field goal instead. This one play may have saved us the game.

Also that acrobatic interception in then end zone... if he doesn't make a play there, the baltimore receiver was waiting to catch the TD.

Edited by Nate128

Super mario won the TBD game ball easily in week 2. Who deserves it this week? As much as I love the growing legends of Alonso and Woods, Aaron Williams stepped up in a gigantic way for a secondary that might be the most injury-depleted unit in the NFL.

I went with Aaron Williams as well, but certainly the entire list is worthy of consideration. Nice to see 2 rookies on it! Plugging the secondary was just gigantic. As much as I love what Kiko did, with all the injuries in our secondary our CBs needed to shut receivers down to avoid an onslaught that a LB would have made little difference to hold back.

Joe Flacco. He was pressured a lot by the Bills D-Line all game, but that first Alonzo INT where Kiko was just standing there and Flacco hit him in the numbers is something you don't expect to see from what the TV guys were calling an "elite" QB ;)

But as far as the Bills go, I'd give it to the entire D-line.

Edited by CodeMonkey

How can it not be Aaron Williams? He gets hurt and keeps coming back to play as a true team player with intensity and passion (If one wonders whether all safeties in the league are self absorbed individualists Williams proved that not everyone worries about aches and pains when it comes to helping their team.). With the Bills' new coaching regimen Williams has found a place where his skill set works and I can only see some incredible possibilities once Gilmore and McKelvin return to the DB slots. Yes, he has been overaggressive at times such as the Carolina game but we are seeing a young player continue to develop. Kudos Aaron Williams! Just do not think about signing with anyone named Parker because agents like that dissolve the spirit of being a teammate and in the end this is a team game not a game of individuals.

How about the coaching staff? It's clear our offense needs to build off the run, and the run wasn't working. So, they installed a game plan with power running...two tight ends and a fullback. They couldn't stop the run for the last several years, but somehow managed to hold the Ravens to about 20 yards (still not sure how that trick was done). And yes, Aaron Williams impressed. However, several people have suggested that he has been taught to play d-back by this staff. One play provided really good evidence of that. Williams was running full speed down the sidelines with a receiver. As the ball arrived, he turned, saw the ball, jumped and tipped it. I was aghast. That is what Aaron Williams can NOT do. That is why he is no longer a corner (except in extreme emergency)...and there he was doing it perfectly. That has to be coaching.

Yeah same with McKelvin this year...fundamentals seem to have been taught pretty well by this staff...

I went Dareus. Nobody is getting picks if the DL isn't stuffing the run, forcing the pass and getting pressure on Flacco. That was Dareus' best game as a Bill and everything the Bills D did yesterday started in the middle of the Bills DL.

Because I have two balls to give..... I give the first one to the players. And the second one to the coaches.

That was the best concerted effort i have seen in years.

A Mighty Mighty Effort .

As coach said to his team i say to all of them

I too was proud of them.

Give the ball to garrison sanborn and then have him give it to every single player and coach till it touches Doug Marrones hands.

Yep . I can dig that.

Go Coach Marrone's Bills .

The cool part is the mvp is the team! The coaching, the players listed, Frank Summers for lead blocking well, the O Line much better, and so on.

I called into NFL Radio this morning at a break from work and mentioned the whole morning will be about "What's wrong with the Ravens" but should be a little in the middle of "what is happening in Buffalo" Surprisingly, Papa and Scott Pioi agreed and really went on to highlight the close games so far, and some of the neat things happening in Buffalo. Noone want sto jump on Buffalo yet due to being let down in the past. I just see a different team, and as excited as i am, I don't necessarily think we are playoff bound, but just excited to see a competitive team that could make the playoffs, and could be a darling of the NFL in 6 weeks.

Who knows yet, but the coaching looks sound and the talent looks better. I don't like killing these guys on the boards when they have a bad game and over emphasizing when they have a good one. It's a good start. Cleveland now looks better than they did two weeks ago. We'll see. Now if they walk out of that with a W and another with a competitor like Cincy, then we're talking.

Just having a nice Monday boys! Here's to a nice Friday!

I was scared to not vote for Kiko

:thumbsup:

I overcame my fear and voted Williams. He went from whipping boy to hero. Got to hand it to him.

Don't forget he missed half of his first season with a broken collarbone after a big collision . He gives 100%, and I hope we are discussing the front office's stupidity for not extending him sometime soon.

I voted for Aaron but Marcell and Kiko were right there. I guess I went with Williams because he's gotten a lot of bad press and the kid just proved what he is capable of and that was an impressive showing I thought. Especially since it was so badly needed given all the secondary injuries and facing a dangerous passing game.

Man that was great !

Because I have two balls to give..... I give the first one to the players. And the second one to the coaches.

That was the best concerted effort i have seen in years.

A Mighty Mighty Effort .

As coach said to his team i say to all of them

I too was proud of them.

Give the ball to garrison sanborn and then have him give it to every single player and coach till it touches Doug Marrones hands.

Yep . I can dig that.

Go Coach Marrone's Bills .

I voted for Aaron but Marcell and Kiko were right there. I guess I went with Williams because he's gotten a lot of bad press and the kid just proved what he is capable of and that was an impressive showing I thought. Especially since it was so badly needed given all the secondary injuries and facing a dangerous passing game.

Man that was great !

The horses seem to be pulling the same cart in the same direction for the first time in a while .

long ways to go but i think Bills might have two wheels out of the ditch. Browns will be tough , short rest, many many injuries or nick ups i suppose is better said and a darned good defense against the pass . who thought after the Trent Ricahrdson trade these guys would be having a bit of a run ?